Windows 10: Suddenly windows 10 asks for password when sign in and I never set it

Discus and support Suddenly windows 10 asks for password when sign in and I never set it in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I never put password for sign in and im the only user for this computer. Yesterday when i switch on it asks for pw to sign in. Asked for current and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Steffie8888, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Suddenly windows 10 asks for password when sign in and I never set it

I never put password for sign in and im the only user for this computer. Yesterday when i switch on it asks for pw to sign in. Asked for current and create new password. I managed to put one n logon. Went to settings and disabled sign in pw. But today when i switch on, its asking for sign in password again and i tried all the passwords and non worked! Please help!!! Why is this happening when i didnt do anything new to the laptop.

:)

Steffie8888, Mar 5, 2019

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Suddenly windows 10 asks for password when sign in and I never set it

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Suddenly windows 10 asks for password when sign in and I never set it

1. Suddenly windows 10 asks for password when sign in and I never set it - Similar Threads - Suddenly asks password

2. New computer is asking for a password to sign into windows when one was never set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer is asking for a password to sign into windows when one was never set: I bought a computer with windows loaded into it already. The account was just labeled user and never asked for a password to be entered. But now it is...
  3. New computer is asking for a password to sign into windows when one was never set

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New computer is asking for a password to sign into windows when one was never set: I bought a computer with windows loaded into it already. The account was just labeled user and never asked for a password to be entered. But now it is...
  4. New computer is asking for a password to sign into windows when one was never set

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Password suddenly changed to PIN that was never set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password suddenly changed to PIN that was never set: Hello, while trying to access a very old Laptop to view old files and transfer them to a new computer I have discovered that it no longer allows me to input my password which I know and instead asks me for a PIN I know I have never set before. This laptop operates using an...
  6. Password suddenly changed to PIN that was never set

Password suddenly changed to PIN that was never set: Hello, while trying to access a very old Laptop to view old files and transfer them to a new computer I have discovered that it no longer allows me to input my password which I know and instead asks me for a PIN I know I have never set before. This laptop operates using an...
  7. Password suddenly changed to PIN that was never set

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 11 PC asking for password when I never set one up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC asking for password when I never set one up?: Brand new out of the box PC, I set up via my work email. I never set a password. set everything up with my outlook account.I turned the PC off came intoday and it asked for a password. I put in my password for my email and it did not work.There is also another option for "...
  9. Windows 11 PC asking for password when I never set one up?

Windows 11 PC asking for password when I never set one up?: Brand new out of the box PC, I set up via my work email. I never set a password. set everything up with my outlook account.I turned the PC off came intoday and it asked for a password. I put in my password for my email and it did not work.There is also another option for "...
  10. Windows 10 asking for password when I login but I never put a password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 asking for password when I login but I never put a password: [IMG]So today, i got on my pc and when i opened it, my computer was asking for a password. I didnt set a password or anything and its asking for one. Also, my computers language is Chinese even though i set it as English. Yesterday, my pc didnt require a password and it was...