Windows 10: SUDOKU CRASH

Discus and support SUDOKU CRASH in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For about a week now (after adding a new BIOS and Windows 10 1903), the games have intermittently crashed after opening. Most pronounced with Sudoku.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WalterBateman, Jun 19, 2019.

1. SUDOKU CRASH

For about a week now (after adding a new BIOS and Windows 10 1903), the games have intermittently crashed after opening. Most pronounced with Sudoku. The game opens, and after selecting several squares (daily challenge) the game freezes. The only way out is task manager or sometimes you can x out. Even the ad box is solid black or white. The timer seems to continue working. For a few days, it seemed to help if you selected the squares slowly (about a count of five between selecting). Today, is has consistently crashed. It is showing as being reported in Reliability History.

:)

WalterBateman, Jun 19, 2019

2. Sudoku Crashes

It was only an issue with Sudoku. It started on 6/23/18. I went to the troubleshooter link and the first step took care of the problem:

• Update Microsoft Store: Select the Start button > Microsoft Store . Select See more > Downloads and updates > Get updates.
      If an update for Microsoft Store is available, it will start installing automatically.

TedMichalik, Jun 19, 2019
  3. sadgamer Win User
    Microsoft Sudoku crashes

MartiDaly,

ASUS laptop, i7 core, 8 GB ram, connected to the internet via wifi at home. I was going to change the compatibility mode and/or the privileges in the properties of the MS Sudoku execute file. Searched using Cortana and the file explorer and could not find
    the .exe file (perhaps a different name than Sudoku.exe?) I searched control panel> programs to delete the app and reinstall but MS Sudoku was not listed as a program. I looked through other microsoft programs and did not find Sudoku. I thought that the app
    was running on the cloud and I needed an Internet connection to play. Tested this theory by disabiling the Wifi in the Control panel. There should have been no exec file on my computer but started it from the Start Menu as it was still listed. It ran without
    crashing for over an hour until I quit. Looked for the exec file (with the file explorer) and still did not find it. With WiFi up and running, started Sudoku and it promptly crashed. Turned off WiFi again, using the function key to switch to airplane mode
    - f2 on my machine. again, ran like a charm. It sounds as if our situations are different as the program did not tell me I needed an Internet connection. Did it say needs an Internet connection to run or to save scores? If you find the Sudoku exe file,
    let me know where you found it. thanks

sadgamer, Jun 19, 2019
  4. SUDOKU CRASH

Microsoft Sudoku crashes

Hi,

We got your concern. We would like to know if you install other software recently? If you do, have you tried running your device in safe mode? To see if Sudoku will run in safe mode without crashing. What device are you using to play Sudoku?
    We can also run the Windows app troubleshooter to analyze and get steps to address this issue. Kindly click this

link

Keep us updated.

Richard tie, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

SUDOKU CRASH

1. SUDOKU CRASH - Similar Threads - SUDOKU CRASH

2. Sudoku not letting me sign in under name just guest.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudoku not letting me sign in under name just guest.: I still can't sign into Microsoft sudoku and I sent a problem request almost 2 weeks ago. I'm signed into Microsoft acct, signed into Xbox and still it only comes up as a guest and will not sign me in under my gaming name Cameragirl52. My internet is good, I can get...
  3. Sudoku not letting me sign in under name just guest.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudoku not letting me sign in under name just guest.: I still can't sign into Microsoft sudoku and I sent a problem request almost 2 weeks ago. I'm signed into Microsoft acct, signed into Xbox and still it only comes up as a guest and will not sign me in under my gaming name Cameragirl52. My internet is good, I can get...
  4. Microsoft Sudoku not saving my daily challenge results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sudoku not saving my daily challenge results: After sign in issue resolved, Microsoft Sudoku not saving my daily challenge results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sudoku-not-saving-my-daily-challenge/e853bfb1-886c-4e72-9bcc-68c59c0776f5
  5. Microsoft Sudoku not saving my daily challenge results

Microsoft Sudoku not saving my daily challenge results: After sign in issue resolved, Microsoft Sudoku not saving my daily challenge results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sudoku-not-saving-my-daily-challenge/e853bfb1-886c-4e72-9bcc-68c59c0776f5
  6. Microsoft Sudoku Problem with sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sudoku Problem with sign in: I can't sign into Microsoft Sudoku. When I try, it flashes the Xbox sign-in splash screen and immediately goes back to the Sudoku games screen. Everything worked well until a few days ago....
  7. Microsoft Sudoku Problem with sign in

Microsoft Sudoku Problem with sign in: I can't sign into Microsoft Sudoku. When I try, it flashes the Xbox sign-in splash screen and immediately goes back to the Sudoku games screen. Everything worked well until a few days ago....
  8. New issue with Microsoft Sudoku? Keyboard input doesn't work for a second or so after a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New issue with Microsoft Sudoku? Keyboard input doesn't work for a second or so after a...: I've played this game a LOT in the past. Recently, the behavior has changed, making it VERY frustrating to play.Normally, I use the mouse to select cells, and the keyboard to enter numbers. That worked great in the past and allows you to make very fast progress.Recently,...
  9. New issue with Microsoft Sudoku? Keyboard input doesn't work for a second or so after a...

New issue with Microsoft Sudoku? Keyboard input doesn't work for a second or so after a...: I've played this game a LOT in the past. Recently, the behavior has changed, making it VERY frustrating to play.Normally, I use the mouse to select cells, and the keyboard to enter numbers. That worked great in the past and allows you to make very fast progress.Recently,...
  10. Sudoku keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudoku keeps crashing: I have recently started playing Microsoft Sudoku on windows 10, and for a short while it was ok, but since yesterday, the program keeps crashing, I can play maybe one or two games and then it crashes. Sometimes I do not even get to complete 1 game. I have tried uninstalling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sudoku.exe for windows 10 laptop

2. micosoft Sudoku exe

3. MS Sudoku crashes after start

4. microsoft sudoku not working