Windows 10: Suface Laptop 3 with very loud cooling fan

Discus and support Suface Laptop 3 with very loud cooling fan in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When running a video in 4k or watching Netflix while the laptop is connected to the charger, the very loud and distracting cooling fan can be heard. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FewerQuill49308, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Suface Laptop 3 with very loud cooling fan

When running a video in 4k or watching Netflix while the laptop is connected to the charger, the very loud and distracting cooling fan can be heard. I just bought a surface laptop 3, two weeks ago, had the same problem. I tried to do hard resets on it and nothing so I exchanged it for the one I currently have. Really like this laptop but the sound is extremely off putting. What can be done to fix this or will a new update possibly be coming out?

:)

FewerQuill49308, Dec 17, 2019

2. Suface Laptop 3 with very loud cooling fan

When running a video in 4k or watching Netflix while the laptop is connected to the charger, the very loud and distracting cooling fan can be heard. I just bought a surface laptop 3, two weeks ago, had the same problem. I tried to do hard resets on it
    and nothing so I exchanged it for the one I currently have. Really like this laptop but the sound is extremely off putting. What can be done to fix this or will a new update possibly be coming out?

FewerQuill49308, Jan 9, 2020
  3. RickFran84, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Suface Laptop 3 with very loud cooling fan

Cooling external Fan

Hi Paul,

For us to isolate the issue with your external fan, please provide the following information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you tried connecting other USB external devices to your laptop? If yes, what was the result?
    • Have you tried connecting your external fan to another computer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Suface Laptop 3 with very loud cooling fan

1. Suface Laptop 3 with very loud cooling fan - Similar Threads - Suface Laptop very

2. Laptop fan sounds very loud after cleaning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fan sounds very loud after cleaning: Hi. I just send my asus laptop to asus service center for fan cleaning and thermal paste replacing. They didn't find fan problem so they didn't replace the fan. Now the fan are so loud, especially at startup What should I do? This really strange. It's supposed to be clean and...
  3. Laptop fan sounds very loud after cleaning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan sounds very loud after cleaning: Hi. I just send my asus laptop to asus service center for fan cleaning and thermal paste replacing. They didn't find fan problem so they didn't replace the fan. Now the fan are so loud, especially at startup What should I do? This really strange. It's supposed to be clean and...
  4. Laptop fan sounds very loud after cleaning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop cooling fan problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop cooling fan problem: Device model - HP pavilion notebookProblem:My laptop cooling fans are not running at the same speed.Fan 1 is always over 2000rpmFan 2 is always below 300rpmIs this a problem? If yes, how should I sort it out?...
  6. Laptop cooling fan problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop cooling fan problem: Device model - HP pavilion notebookProblem:My laptop cooling fans are not running at the same speed.Fan 1 is always over 2000rpmFan 2 is always below 300rpmIs this a problem? If yes, how should I sort it out?...
  7. Surface Laptop 3 - loud fan noise?

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Laptop 3 - loud fan noise?: Bought a Surface laptop 3 back in January (15" AMD Ryzen. 8GB Memory. 128GB SSD. Platinum). I only use it for home office stuff (light surfing online, light MS Office word/excel, paying bills, etc). Its been a great laptop until a month ago when started buzzing like a bee...
  8. Very Loud Fan noise

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very Loud Fan noise: Hi, Today suddenly laptop fan became noisy. To add, it happened at-least 3 times, that the fan noise was very very high for 2 minutes or so. Laptop was working quite well till yesterday, but today even when I login to windows, the fan starts and so is the noise. I reset...
  9. Loud laptop fan noise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Loud laptop fan noise: I have an Asus laptop and it's a quite old model. It originally had a hdd and I changed it to ssd. It did improve the performance speed but the fan is making louder noise than hdd. The laptop also heat up faster especially the palm rest. The air come out from the cooling fan...
  10. Surface laptop 3 fans running loud when laptop is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3 fans running loud when laptop is plugged in: Hello. I have been having this problem with my Surface laptop 3 where when I play a light game (like Minecraft) with the laptop plugged in the fans become extremely loud. However when the laptop is not plugged in the fans don't get even close to being as loud... Can someone...