Windows 10: Suface pen compatibility

Discus and support Suface pen compatibility in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm in a bit of dilemma here, I've just purchased an Avita Magus II, which is essentially just a Microsoft Surface, but with a few budget cuts here... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NaerisYaeldrin, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Suface pen compatibility

I'm in a bit of dilemma here, I've just purchased an Avita Magus II, which is essentially just a Microsoft Surface, but with a few budget cuts here and there for a more affordable price. I bought it with the intent of using it as a drawing tool, however, the active stylus I've been using is just that, an active stylus, meant to emulate touch. Therefore, it has an offset that would usually be helpful had I been using my finger. With that in mind, and a little money left to spend, I thought about purchasing a surface pen, which I assume would eliminate that offset. However, I don't know if my laptop/tablet supports it. Is there anything I can do to see if my computer would support a surface pen?

:)

NaerisYaeldrin, Apr 12, 2021

2. Suface Book specification on battery-operated pen

Original title: Suface Book Pen

I am excited about the upcoming surface Book. However, it has a battery-operated pen. My experience with these was that they didn't operate for very long. Given that I use pen input almost exclusively, that was a bummer for me. Does someone know:

• how long the pen's charge lasts on average?
    • if the pen's battery (My father and I assume it to be a AAAA-size one.) is rechargeable?
    • if the eraser at the top (by flipping the pen) works globally (e.g., with Tablet PC Input Panel and Office 2016 for the desktop) or if it works only with the Metro OneNote interface?
    Notes:

• I have used N-trig's technology
      only once
      thus far.
    • I hope that the pen experience on the Surface Book is better. At $3,199 apiece, the purchase of a Surface Bock would be quite disappointing if I have to charge my pen every 5 minutes (as an example) (if it is rechargeable). If Best Buy and / or Staples
      gets a floor model in, that might be beneficial for testing the pen input.

Weird Odd Wodd, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Stylus pen

Hi,

It can be a compatibility issue between the pen and your tablet. We suggest that you visit the manufacturer of the Bamboo Ink pen for the list of devices that are compatible with the pen.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Suface pen compatibility

Bamboo Ink Pen Stopped Working

Hello,

Thank you for the replying with the status of the issue.

Please let us know the model number of your PC? Check if the model of the PC is listed under the compatible devices. Refer the article on
    HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus
    and check for the compatibility.

As you have mentioned that you are getting an error while installing the drivers, I would suggest you to refer the suggestion posted by

wacom1 on Wed 8. Mar 2017, 08:26
    and follow the steps to uninstall the driver from the device manager then try to download and install the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

If you are still persists, I suggest you to contact

Wacom support
    and get your pen tested as you might be facing this issue due to hardware failure.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Suface pen compatibility

1. Suface pen compatibility - Similar Threads - Suface pen compatibility

2. Microsoft Pen Protocol Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Pen Protocol Compatibility: I have a Latitude 3140 2-in-1 laptop, the Dell pen brochure says it works with Dell Active Pen – PN350M which I don't know what version of MPP. Does the laptop support 1.51 and 2.0 versions as well?...
  3. Microsoft Pen Protocol Compatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Pen Protocol Compatibility: I have a Latitude 3140 2-in-1 laptop, the Dell pen brochure says it works with Dell Active Pen – PN350M which I don't know what version of MPP. Does the laptop support 1.51 and 2.0 versions as well?...
  4. Microsoft Pen Protocol Compatibility

Microsoft Pen Protocol Compatibility: I have a Dell Inspiron 5410 2-in-1 laptop. Did some search and I think it supports MPP 1.51. I came across 2 styluses, one having MPP 1.51 and the other having MPP 2.0. I liked the MPP 2.0 stylus more. Will it be compatible with my laptop?I'm leaving the links below.HP MPP...
  5. Microsoft Pen Protocol Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Pen Protocol Compatibility: I have a Dell Inspiron 5410 2-in-1 laptop. Did some search and I think it supports MPP 1.51. I came across 2 styluses, one having MPP 1.51 and the other having MPP 2.0. I liked the MPP 2.0 stylus more. Will it be compatible with my laptop?I'm leaving the links below.HP MPP...
  6. Is this pen compatible with my laptop ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this pen compatible with my laptop ?: Hey, So i wanted to buy a pen for my HP Pavilion x360 convertible 14-dy0175ng and i dont seem to find any actual pen that is compatible with it...So my question is this pen...
  7. Is this pen compatible with my laptop ?

Is this pen compatible with my laptop ?: Hey, So i wanted to buy a pen for my HP Pavilion x360 convertible 14-dy0175ng and i dont seem to find any actual pen that is compatible with it...So my question is this pen...
  8. Microsoft pen compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft pen compatibility: i just wanted to ask if my ASUS VivoBook 2019 is compatibile with the microsoft pen ? it is not a 2 in 1 laptop it is a regular laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-pen-compatibility/fb9aa972-3b64-47c6-8120-012dce397dfb
  9. Bitlocker on Suface Pro 4

Bitlocker on Suface Pro 4: Hi Please assist to retrieve my bit locker pin I have the recovery key but don't know how to use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-on-suface-pro-4/4cecb915-37b3-42aa-802e-f29029732686
  10. Bamboo stylus pen, not compatible with HP Pavilion?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bamboo stylus pen, not compatible with HP Pavilion?: I just purchased an HP Pavilion 360 and Bamboo stylus pen 4 days ago, and it as well as many of many of my laptops functions stop working. When switching between pen modes either the pointer does not work on the touch screen, or the click button functions don't work. I then...