Windows 10: Suface Pro, windows 10, opening files on shared areas and insufficient memory errors

Discus and support Suface Pro, windows 10, opening files on shared areas and insufficient memory errors in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue with a Surface Pro running windows 10 and office 365. When trying to open a file, a small file, on a shared area there is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Simon Fox (simon.fox), Jul 17, 2019.

1. Suface Pro, windows 10, opening files on shared areas and insufficient memory errors

Hello,

I have an issue with a Surface Pro running windows 10 and office 365. When trying to open a file, a small file, on a shared area there is an insufficient memory error.

Moving the same file to the desktop and it will open absolutely fine, but not from the shared area. I've already updated Win 10, repaired office, and ignored other applications that use dynamic data exchange.

all help gratefully received

:)

Simon Fox (simon.fox), Jul 17, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 17, 2019
  3. meloneum Win User
    How to open .avi files in Sony Vegas Pro 10?

I've got 64-bit Sony Vegas Pro 10 (all updates from Sony installed) running on Windows 7 64. I'm using VLC and WMP is disabled from Control Panel. I have error in Vegas when trying to open .avi with it. I was trying to open it with WMP enabled and using the instrucions from and - any of them works. Any suggestions?

meloneum, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Suface Pro, windows 10, opening files on shared areas and insufficient memory errors

insufficient memory windows 10

I upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10. Though the computer shows 14.6GB of free space, it says there is insufficient memory to download apps of 2GB. Suggestions?

AdamPurdum, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Suface Pro, windows 10, opening files on shared areas and insufficient memory errors

1. Suface Pro, windows 10, opening files on shared areas and insufficient memory errors - Similar Threads - Suface Pro opening

2. Insufficient Memory Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Insufficient Memory Problem: I run backups across my network to a dedicated PC. I use a simple batch file with xcopy and /e /y /d switches. One of my folders has now grown to be 769GB, with 36438 files and the program now crashes on an Insufficient Memory error. I checked the page file and found it to be...
  3. Insufficient Memory Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Insufficient Memory Problem: I run backups across my network to a dedicated PC. I use a simple batch file with xcopy and /e /y /d switches. One of my folders has now grown to be 769GB, with 36438 files and the program now crashes on an Insufficient Memory error. I checked the page file and found it to be...
  4. Insufficient memory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Insufficient memory: I am running an xcopy in a batch file from a folder on the c drive to a folder on an external hard drive. The program finds the correct drives, folders and files and starts the xcopy. This runs for a short while and then crashes with an "Insufficient Memory" error. The PC...
  5. Xcopy error "Insufficient Memory"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xcopy error "Insufficient Memory": Hello Folks. I have a routine to create backups of all important stuff using robocopy with /mir to keep the size down to one disk and xcopy to a second disk so nothing is ever deleted, for posterity. All was working well until I recently noticed xcopy had stopped copying my...
  6. insufficient memory

insufficient memory: I don`t have memory in the computer and the apps don´t work. How can i move some of the things that are occupying the memory on to a memory card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insufficient-memory/bc0fc3f9-943b-4484-88b8-d463486f176d
  7. Insufficient Memory

Insufficient Memory: I have 867 GB out of 915 GB free. Using Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series. Installed Turbo Tax 2019 no problem and created two tax files. Now when I try to open either file, I get a message stating "Insufficient memory or resources to complete this operation..."...
  8. Bitlocker on Suface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker on Suface Pro 4: Hi Please assist to retrieve my bit locker pin I have the recovery key but don't know how to use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-on-suface-pro-4/4cecb915-37b3-42aa-802e-f29029732686
  9. windows 10 insufficient memory for update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 insufficient memory for update: how do you solve the windows 10 insufficient memory problem related to updating. what I have read doesn't seem to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-insufficient-memory-for-update/f9c867da-abab-4a66-9244-5f513398ea10
  10. win 10 on Suface 3 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win 10 on Suface 3 Pro: Can I install Win 10 on my new Surface Pro using CD & external DVD? 5534