Windows 10: Suffering from Blue Screens, game crashes, and display turning on and off

Discus and support Suffering from Blue Screens, game crashes, and display turning on and off in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! For a while now, I have been suffering from infrequent blue screens. However, recently, this has escalated into games crashing the second I log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arceus192, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Arceus192 Win User

Suffering from Blue Screens, game crashes, and display turning on and off

Hello!
    For a while now, I have been suffering from infrequent blue screens. However, recently, this has escalated into games crashing the second I log into them, my display randomly turning off and back on, and my computer becoming super laggy, up to a point where I have to turn it off and on to regain control. At this point, I am convinced it is a hardware problem, but I thought I would look to see if someone can analyze my minidump files to see if maybe it's a driver to try and save some money haha.
    As for troubleshooting steps I've done, I have fully uninstalled all graphics drivers and re-installed them, used driver-easy to try and locate any out-dated drivers, and used memtest86 to try and see if it's failing RAM. Any help diagnosing what is actually wrong is greatly appreciated!
    Computer specs:
    Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    MSI Z97-G45 mobo
    i5-4690k
    GTX 750ti
    4x DDR4 Hyperx Fury 4GB RAM modules

Links to the two most recent minidumps:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au-SlSIJM1Q9gles1sNmT2PwMiD-?e=6fXJSP
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Au-SlSIJM1Q9gljqsPVOYm9EwNXz?e=pjxirf

:)

Arceus192, Oct 3, 2019
  2. iuppiter Win User

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Suffering from Blue Screens, game crashes, and display turning on and off [​IMG]

iuppiter, Oct 3, 2019
  3. Law-II Win User
    Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Oct 3, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Suffering from Blue Screens, game crashes, and display turning on and off - Similar Threads - Suffering Blue Screens

2. Laptop Crashes If Display Turns Off While Game Is Running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Crashes If Display Turns Off While Game Is Running?: Hi all!I picked up a new Asus Zephyrus with an I9 and 4070m and absolutely love it! I have however had a few disappointing issues that I didn't have with my previous Zephyrus laptops that is kind of hindering my enjoyment. One of these issues was constant stuttering and...
  3. Laptop Crashes If Display Turns Off While Game Is Running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Crashes If Display Turns Off While Game Is Running?: Hi all!I picked up a new Asus Zephyrus with an I9 and 4070m and absolutely love it! I have however had a few disappointing issues that I didn't have with my previous Zephyrus laptops that is kind of hindering my enjoyment. One of these issues was constant stuttering and...
  4. Blue screen of Death and crashes from games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen of Death and crashes from games: Good afternoon, I ran into a problem, the computer sometimes crashes with a blue screen of death, I attach files from the Minidump folder, but more often there is no blue screen, but some games crash after some time after the start of the game, my temperatures are low because...
  5. The game frequently turns off and displays a blue screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The game frequently turns off and displays a blue screen.: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.755 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\123122-8171-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is: srv*...
  6. The game frequently turns off and displays a blue screen.

The game frequently turns off and displays a blue screen.: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.22621.755 AMD64 Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\123122-8171-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is: srv*...
  7. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display/Screens Turns Off: System:Dell Precision LaptopWindows 10 Pro I have multiple displays connected to my laptop via Dell Dock. At random times, when the laptop is idle all the screens turn offnot actual turn off, power is still on. Sleep settings are set to NEVER on everything, HDD is set to...
  8. Display/Screens Turns Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display/Screens Turns Off: System:Dell Precision LaptopWindows 10 Pro I have multiple displays connected to my laptop via Dell Dock. At random times, when the laptop is idle all the screens turn offnot actual turn off, power is still on. Sleep settings are set to NEVER on everything, HDD is set to...
  9. Display/Screens Turns Off

10. Suffering from infrequent blue screen errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suffering from infrequent blue screen errors: Hello! For quite some time now, I've been suffering from infrequent blue screen errors. I am not sure if it is a hardware issue or a malfunctioning driver, and I am hoping someone here can help! Below is the error code from my most recent BSOD: "The computer has rebooted from...