Windows 10: Suggested mandarin characters don't appear when typing with mandarin pinyin keyboard?

Discus and support Suggested mandarin characters don't appear when typing with mandarin pinyin keyboard? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some reason whenever I type something (eg "he") the suggested characters with that pinyin dont appear? (with the example then 喝 is what is chosen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Doomboom589, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Suggested mandarin characters don't appear when typing with mandarin pinyin keyboard?

For some reason whenever I type something (eg "he") the suggested characters with that pinyin dont appear? (with the example then 喝 is what is chosen as that was the most recent common use of the pinyin when I am trying to type 和 - copied from google translate as keyboard doesnt type it) It seems to have only happened since switching to W10 pro if that is of any help? Does anyone know why this is happening and what a fix might be?

submitted by /u/Doomboom589
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Doomboom589, Oct 11, 2020
  2. -_1
    -_1 Win User

How can I enable typing accented Pinyin characters? (Pinyin input is easy. I want Pinyin output)

I'm taking a class in Mandarin and would like to be able to type out pinyin characters with accents for their phonetic representations of the symbols.

I don't see any option for doing that in windows 10 without installing a 3rd party product.

I can type the characters using pinyin input.

I want to type in pinyin and the tonal numbers and have pinyin output.

I saw some cases where that used to be an option.

3. Traditional Chinese pinyin keyboard in window 10

This was a helpful reply in general, very helpful for simplified Chinese pinyin input, but the question was actually to get a Traditional Chinese PINYIN input (I donwloaded the Taiwanese traditional mandarin, but it is a bopomofo keyboard, which I can't
    use)

So the question that remains is how can I install (or find) a "traditional mandarin pinyin input'?

Kryten 2X4B-532P, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Huxg Win User

Suggested mandarin characters don't appear when typing with mandarin pinyin keyboard?

adding option for typing chinese characters

Jen,

Thank you for your response. Sorry for the delay.

What I'm trying to do is type the pinyin word with tones from a standard US keyboard and have the computer convert the pinyin word automatically to a Chinese character on the screen. So the result is I can press the standard keyboard US letters that
    repesent the pinyin word with tones and the screen will automatically display only the Mandarin character. I m told this can be done but I don't know how to do it.

Thema:

Suggested mandarin characters don't appear when typing with mandarin pinyin keyboard?

1. Suggested mandarin characters don't appear when typing with mandarin pinyin keyboard? - Similar Threads - Suggested mandarin characters

2. Didn't display the Chinese characters when i type pinyin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Didn't display the Chinese characters when i type pinyin: But it does display the Chinese characters when I change it back to the previous version of Microsoft pinyin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/didnt-display-the-chinese-characters-when-i-type/f98a96a3-0865-4d95-a928-f25af3d245d5
  3. Didn't display the Chinese characters when i type pinyin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Didn't display the Chinese characters when i type pinyin: But it does display the Chinese characters when I change it back to the previous version of Microsoft pinyin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/didnt-display-the-chinese-characters-when-i-type/f98a96a3-0865-4d95-a928-f25af3d245d5
  4. Taskbar Calendar In Mandarin. Language In English??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Calendar In Mandarin. Language In English??: Hi everyone,My taskbar calendar is displaying in Mandarin despite my settings language being set to English.https://imgur.com/a/767joeRCan anyone help? Windows Build/Version23H2 22631.2792...
  5. Taskbar Calendar In Mandarin. Language In English??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Calendar In Mandarin. Language In English??: Hi everyone,My taskbar calendar is displaying in Mandarin despite my settings language being set to English.https://imgur.com/a/767joeRCan anyone help? Windows Build/Version23H2 22631.2792...
  6. the keyboard is typing double characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the keyboard is typing double characters: [ATTACH] Hey everyone. Today my keyboard has started t2o type wrong or double characters as you can observe at first hand: . Before that, I cleaned up my lapt2op with alcohol as usual. Then I powered up and this began. As I c,a-n recall I did -not use force whatsoever. I...
  7. How can I enable typing accented Pinyin characters? (Pinyin input is easy. I want Pinyin...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I enable typing accented Pinyin characters? (Pinyin input is easy. I want Pinyin...: I'm taking a class in Mandarin and would like to be able to type out pinyin characters with accents for their phonetic representations of the symbols. I don't see any option for doing that in windows 10 without installing a 3rd party product. I can type the characters...
  8. change language windows 10 operating system from mandarin to english

change language windows 10 operating system from mandarin to english: Hi Do I need to replace my OS in a newly bought equipment from China in order to change language display from mandarin to English? Thank you...
  9. Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input

Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input: Hello, I on Windows 10 in Taiwan and want to use hanyu pinyin input for traditional characters (I can't read zhuyin). The problem is when I type in pinyin, the suggested characters that usually appear underneath are not showing. Instead, it just enters the most frequent...
  10. Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input

Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input: Hello, I on Windows 10 in Taiwan and want to use hanyu pinyin input for traditional characters (I can't read zhuyin). The problem is when I type in pinyin, the suggested characters that usually appear underneath are not showing. Instead, it just enters the most frequent...