Windows 10: Suggestion FIX for File Explorer not working

Discus and support Suggestion FIX for File Explorer not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Now, this worked for me today CLOSE File Manager Click on Task Manager it can be found on Windows 10 on your taskbar at the bottom of the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffSchrembs, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Suggestion FIX for File Explorer not working

Now, this worked for me today

CLOSE File Manager

Click on Task Manager it can be found on Windows 10 on your taskbar at the bottom of the screen but I am old school so I use keys all at the same time SHIFT ALT DELETE

Sort in alphabetical order if it isn't

Right click on WINDOWS EXPLORER then click RESTART

Then just reopen File Explorer and hopefully, as it did for me, it works

Take care

Jeff Schrembs

:)

JeffSchrembs, Dec 20, 2019

2. both suggestions to fix internet explorer didnt work

both suggestions to fix internet explorer failure didn't work. and I even went on you tube and tried another suggestion too and nothing so far has worked. internet explorer did not work before I downloaded windows 10 either. so I don't know what the problem
    is. can someone suggest something else. I have looked on this forum and cannot find any other solutions. the two answers that were given where together from the same person. I cannot get internet explorer to work at all and we need it to work for Java running
    games in POGO. if anyone can suggest something else, and please don't be technicial or please at least give me step by step directions because I'm a hands on person who doesn't have a degree in this stuff and I consider myself as dumb as a box of rock. thanks
    and God Bless

bwood via the daughter, Dec 20, 2019
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Dec 20, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Suggestion FIX for File Explorer not working

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Suggestion FIX for File Explorer not working

1. Suggestion FIX for File Explorer not working - Similar Threads - Suggestion FIX File

2. Files Explorer Suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Explorer Suggestions: Files Explorer Suggestions:1. Recent list: compress it. Why is this list all spread out? Other lists of files in Explorer aren't all spread out.Compared to:2. Tab Titles Tab Titles would be more useful if they favored the right most part of the title instead of the most...
  3. Files Explorer Suggestions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Explorer Suggestions: Files Explorer Suggestions:1. Recent list: compress it. Why is this list all spread out? Other lists of files in Explorer aren't all spread out.Compared to:2. Tab Titles Tab Titles would be more useful if they favored the right most part of the title instead of the most...
  4. Suggestion for File Explorer feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggestion for File Explorer feature: I am a heavy user of shortcuts to manage my files. I'd like a feature in Explorer where I can right click on a file or shortcut name and get a drop down menu-item called, say, "Links" to open a new Explorer window showing all the links shortcuts/original file along with the...
  5. Suggestion for File Explorer feature

Suggestion for File Explorer feature: I am a heavy user of shortcuts to manage my files. I'd like a feature in Explorer where I can right click on a file or shortcut name and get a drop down menu-item called, say, "Links" to open a new Explorer window showing all the links shortcuts/original file along with the...
  6. Error 0x800700c1 suggested fixes not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x800700c1 suggested fixes not working: Hi all,I'm having a strange problem. Windows updates have not been working for ages, to the point that I'm more than a year out of date see pic of current failing updatesI have followed many of the troubleshooting steps suggested on this forum and keep running into other...
  7. Error 0x800700c1 suggested fixes not working

Error 0x800700c1 suggested fixes not working: Hi all,I'm having a strange problem. Windows updates have not been working for ages, to the point that I'm more than a year out of date see pic of current failing updatesI have followed many of the troubleshooting steps suggested on this forum and keep running into other...
  8. Error 0x800700c1 suggested fixes not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. File Explorer icons fix did not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer icons fix did not work: I tried both of these, and I still have generic icons in File Explorer where thumbnails should be. Could someone help me figure out how to get my thumbnails back? Rebuilding Thumbnail Cache: Now press Windows + S key together to open Search. Now type CMD and select...
  10. Anybody have a suggestion to fix File Date formatting in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Anybody have a suggestion to fix File Date formatting in file explorer: Running Windows 10 fully updated. My File Explorer windows show several columns in the Details View: the Filename, Date Modified, Date Created, etc. The Date is formatted like this: Day Month Date Time with the Day and Month truncated to 3 letters and the Date and Time as dd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer will not offer suggestion windows 10