Windows 10: Suggestion for NVIDIA video card + Targus USB dock

Discus and support Suggestion for NVIDIA video card + Targus USB dock in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've had varying results trying to get Photoshop to see my NVIDIA card, and have just puzzled out that it's due to the Targus USB3 dock that connects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Richmilnix, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Suggestion for NVIDIA video card + Targus USB dock

I've had varying results trying to get Photoshop to see my NVIDIA card, and have just puzzled out that it's due to the Targus USB3 dock that connects two external monitors to my laptop. I don't know if I just don't have the power to do what I want to do.

I have a total of three "screens" facing me. My Dell Inspiron laptop is open, showing me its built-in monitor, and it's connected to two external Asus monitors 1 HDMI, 1 DVI via a Targus dock labled 'DV 1K-2K'. Looks likethis one, and I remember paying about that amount.

Video card is an NVIDIA Gforce 940MX. What I want is for Adobe Creative Suite apps to see the video card right now, sniffer.exe crashes, or sometimes I get a dialogue box when Photoshop loads telling me it had a problem with the video driver.

:)

Richmilnix, Jun 11, 2020

2. Second monitor not working with Windows 10 on Targus USB 3.0 DU docking station

I just installed W10, and my second monitor doesn't work through the Targus USB 3.0 DU docking station. I have a HP Envy touchscreen laptop. I've tried updating the Targus driver, and uninstalling both it and the Generic PnP Monitor drivers, and then trying
    to re-detect them. The mouse, keyboard, and speaker system which are attached to the docking station all work. I tried Win+P, and it says "Your PC can't project another screen. Try reinstalling the driver or using a different card." I'm downloading the
    Nvidia W10 driver now to see if that fixes it.

Any suggestions?

ThomasFDehler, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Targus USB 3.0 Dock - Drivers Needed

After installing Windows 10, the Targus 3.0 USB Dock does not charge my Dell XPS 13 laptop.

The Targus site does not offer updated drivers

StaceyMahoney, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Suggestion for NVIDIA video card + Targus USB dock

Targus USB 3.0 Dock - Drivers Needed

Clarifying questions

• Driver is already installed (and thus not working properly), can this be managed through the following functions from the Properties Window - Uninstall, Disable, or manage through C:/?
    • No new drivers exist on Targus website; are you suggesting I download an older driver (or the same one already installed)?
    Thanks,

S

StaceyMahoney, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Suggestion for NVIDIA video card + Targus USB dock

1. Suggestion for NVIDIA video card + Targus USB dock - Similar Threads - Suggestion NVIDIA video

2. No video output using USB C - Dell Dock – WD19S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No video output using USB C - Dell Dock – WD19S: I just bought a new docking station upgrading from a d6000. I have a Dell laptop that is connected to the new docking station and outputting to three monitors just fine. I have a desktop with Windows 11 64 bit that I built myself but it's not outputting video to the three...
  3. Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station: Hi, I have a Targus docking station to use my laptop and 2 additional monitors. It doesn't seem to matter what brand keyboard/mouse i have or what USB port i use both docking station and laptop but the mouse is constantly not working and the keyboard seems to freeze every few...
  4. Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station: Hi, I have a Targus docking station to use my laptop and 2 additional monitors. It doesn't seem to matter what brand keyboard/mouse i have or what USB port i use both docking station and laptop but the mouse is constantly not working and the keyboard seems to freeze every few...
  5. Mouse/Keyboard not working with Targus Docking Station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Nvidia gt 710 video card won't install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nvidia gt 710 video card won't install: There are no other video cards to use as replacements for broken equipment Unless we pay 4 to 4500 dollars for a professional grade video card or spend countless hours in front of an unnamed store like they used to do on black friday waiting for the video cards to come into...
  7. Targus Dock

Targus Dock: Please help. I connected a targus travel dock to my desktop computer and set up a dual monitor and it worked fine. I disconnected the dock and monitor to use the 2nd screen on my laptop and it worked well with the dock. Then when reconnecting dock to desktop computer the...
  8. 2004 Update and Nvidia video cards

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2004 Update and Nvidia video cards: How long until PCs with NVIDIA video cards can get the 2004 update. My laptop updated fine but my desktop has an NVIDIA video card and won't pull in the update - even the update assistant won't get it. I read there was a compatibility problem....
  9. USB on docking station

USB on docking station: I have a Surface 3. The USB ports are not recognised when the Surface is docked and the power supply is turned off, though they work fine when the power supply is on. Can someone tell me how to change this so that they are still recognised when the Surface is docked, but no...
  10. Targus memory card - cannot get photos off card with windows 10

Targus memory card - cannot get photos off card with windows 10: My Targus memory card reader shows as drive g when I connect it to my windows 10 computer but the message - must format before using comes up. Please advise....