Windows 10: Suggestion for Task Bar - Add context menu selection to navigate to folder containing...

Discus and support Suggestion for Task Bar - Add context menu selection to navigate to folder containing... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; From the Task Bar, I can right-click an app to see a list of Pinned and Recent files opened with that app. I would like to be able to right-click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by It's just a display name, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Suggestion for Task Bar - Add context menu selection to navigate to folder containing...

From the Task Bar, I can right-click an app to see a list of Pinned and Recent files opened with that app. I would like to be able to right-click on any of these files and select "Open Containing Folder" to open the folder in File Explorer that contains the file. This feature would speed up navigation in many situations.

:)

It's just a display name, Jan 12, 2021

2. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Suggestion for Task Bar - Add context menu selection to navigate to folder containing... :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Suggestion for Task Bar - Add context menu selection to navigate to folder containing...

Easier Task Bar

I want to suggest to develop the task bar to make folders in it which make us able to determine which active tasks to put in each folder and give us the ability to rename each folder according to the tasks that the folder contains. Create Folders in the
    task bar to contain the active tasks, simply the same folder idea but in the task bar to contain the active tasks. If any body find this a useful idea please let me know.

masrawyyyyyy, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Suggestion for Task Bar - Add context menu selection to navigate to folder containing...

1. Suggestion for Task Bar - Add context menu selection to navigate to folder containing... - Similar Threads - Suggestion Task Bar

2. Navigation Pane Folder Expand/ Collapse Context Menu Location?

in Windows 10 Support
    Navigation Pane Folder Expand/ Collapse Context Menu Location?: If I right click any expandable folder in the navigation pane then Expand appears at the top of the context menu or else Collapse appears if the folder is already expanded. The issue: Both context menu entries for Expand/ Collapse show the wrong icon. I'm not even sure if...
  3. context menu selection color

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menu selection color: So recently something has changed in Windows 10 that has caused the color of items I've selected to be barely different than the color of non-selected items. This happens in both context menus and even in apps. I think this change started with the 20H2 release. It's happened...
  4. Add tasks with run as admin to context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add tasks with run as admin to context menu: One thing I hate about Windows 10/Server 2016/2019 is how everything is more clicks. One such case is running things as administrator. Rightclicking on icons has a more flyout hiding the run as admin. But then I found a guide with a screenshot showing they have a "tasks" in...
  5. Unable to add RMB context menu for selected file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add RMB context menu for selected file: Hi All, I'm unable to add RMB context menu for .prt file types. Nothing is displayed when RMB on file. I've asked same question on Stack overflow but no replay yet. Link for question: [Removed by Moderator] Thanks, Samadhan...
  6. Add Task View to Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Task View to Context Menu?: How do I add the Task View functionality to my context menu. 106988
  7. Add Task View Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Task View Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Task View Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Task View Context Menu in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops. Create custom additional desktops to group apps for productivity,...
  8. Select Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Select Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Select Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Select Context Menu in Windows 10 You can select one or multiple items in Windows to perform an action with. Normally, you could click/tap on the Home tab in File Explorer to be able to...
  9. Navigation pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Navigation pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Navigation pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Navigation pane to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the navigation pane to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC, Network, and Homegroup. You...
  10. Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hide selected items - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Hide selected items to Context Menu in Windows 10 Hidden files, folders, and drives do not show by default in Windows. Windows protected system files (ex: desktop.ini files) are hidden by...