Windows 10: Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature

Discus and support Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am a heavy user of shortcuts to manage my files. I'd like a feature in Explorer where I can right click on a file or shortcut name and get a drop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kadambi Sridhar, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature

I am a heavy user of shortcuts to manage my files. I'd like a feature in Explorer where I can right click on a file or shortcut name and get a drop down menu-item called, say, "Links" to open a new Explorer window showing all the links shortcuts/original file along with the standard Explorer information for that selection.

:)

Kadambi Sridhar, Jan 7, 2023

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jan 7, 2023
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature :p

Frick, Jan 7, 2023
  4. Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature

Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 7, 2023
Thema:

Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature

1. Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature - Similar Threads - Suggestion Explorer feature

2. Files Explorer Suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Explorer Suggestions: Files Explorer Suggestions:1. Recent list: compress it. Why is this list all spread out? Other lists of files in Explorer aren't all spread out.Compared to:2. Tab Titles Tab Titles would be more useful if they favored the right most part of the title instead of the most...
  3. Files Explorer Suggestions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Explorer Suggestions: Files Explorer Suggestions:1. Recent list: compress it. Why is this list all spread out? Other lists of files in Explorer aren't all spread out.Compared to:2. Tab Titles Tab Titles would be more useful if they favored the right most part of the title instead of the most...
  4. Suggestion for File Explorer feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggestion for File Explorer feature: I am a heavy user of shortcuts to manage my files. I'd like a feature in Explorer where I can right click on a file or shortcut name and get a drop down menu-item called, say, "Links" to open a new Explorer window showing all the links shortcuts/original file along with the...
  5. Suggestion for File Explorer feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suggestion for File Explorer feature: I am a heavy user of shortcuts to manage my files. I'd like a feature in Explorer where I can right click on a file or shortcut name and get a drop down menu-item called, say, "Links" to open a new Explorer window showing all the links shortcuts/original file along with the...
  6. Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suggestion for Windows Explorer feature: I am a heavy user of shortcuts to manage my files. I'd like a feature in Explorer where I can right click on a file or shortcut name and get a drop down menu-item called, say, "Links" to open a new Explorer window showing all the links shortcuts/original file along with the...
  7. WINDOWS 10 suggested features

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 suggested features: I WOULD LIKE TO ASK MICROSOFT TO ADD THE TAB FEATURE TO THE FILE EXPLORER, AND THIS WOULD HELP TO SEARCH AND LOCATE FILES MORE EASILY AND MORE EFFICIENTLY. MOREOVER, I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO TELL MICROSOFT TO CREATE ANOTHER VERSION OF WINDOWS LIKE WINDOWS 11 OR 12, AFTER WINDOWS...
  8. Suggestion for taskbar feature.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Suggestion for taskbar feature.: Hi Team, I have been using Windows for last 8 years, and its comfortable as well, and recently i found one small feature needed from Taskbar use small taskbar buttons, if enable this i couldn't see date. Can you please make this work or give me some suggestion. Thanks,...
  9. WIndows suggested re-sizing feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIndows suggested re-sizing feature: Dear Sirs, I first encountered this feature on my first windows 7 machine and found a way to turn it off (over 4 years ago). I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and the feature re-enabled itself. Every time I grab a title bar on any window, three small auto-size suggestion...
  10. Windows 10 Feature Suggestions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Feature Suggestions: Well as I started this thread I'm gonna come with the first suggestion that would make A LOT of people happy if it could be integrated into future windows builds. Windows Update Feature: Microsoft gladly pushes out their faulty patchware like Windows 10 Build 1803, that for...