Windows 10: Suggestion for Windows/Office: Fix on top the most used file extensions

Discus and support Suggestion for Windows/Office: Fix on top the most used file extensions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dears, I would like to suggest a feature to Windows, especially for Office applications: pin to the top of the list the file extension for faster... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alexandre Corrêa Gontijo, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Suggestion for Windows/Office: Fix on top the most used file extensions

Dears,

I would like to suggest a feature to Windows, especially for Office applications: pin to the top of the list the file extension for faster use.

For instance, I save a lot of my Excel spreadsheets in PDF format, but every time I have to search the .PDF in the middle of dozens of other extensions... If I could pin it to the top, that would help a lot! I believe a lot of other people could benefit of that.

Thank you.

With best regards,

Alexandre Gontijo

:)

Alexandre Corrêa Gontijo, Nov 13, 2019

2. File extension *.docx

Hi Randy,

To change the file extension when saving a document in Word 2013, you may follow the steps below:

• Click on File; then, select Options from the list.
    • In the Word Options window, choose Save.
    • Under Save files in this format, select *.doc from the list.
    • Hit OK button to confirm and save the changes.

If ever your Word 2013 application is not recognizing the changes you have made, you may restart the application; however, if the issue still persists, we suggest that you repair it. To do this, see this
    link.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 13, 2019
  3. AM*
    Am* Win User
    Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

4. AndreTen Win User

Suggestion for Windows/Office: Fix on top the most used file extensions

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

Suggestion for Windows/Office: Fix on top the most used file extensions

1. Suggestion for Windows/Office: Fix on top the most used file extensions - Similar Threads - Suggestion Office Fix

2. How to prevent a suggested file extension from showing when saving a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent a suggested file extension from showing when saving a file: When saving a file, I hope to make a file extension not showing in the "File name" box. That's because I often need to change the extension. Since a file extension is shown or selectable in the "Save as type" box, I think it's redundant and unnecessary.I set Explorer to show...
  3. Pressing the search button used to show me most used apps/ files. Now it shows me suggested...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pressing the search button used to show me most used apps/ files. Now it shows me suggested...: The latest update of windows 10 hijacked my search results, how do I make it like it used to be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-the-search-button-used-to-show-me-most/0269b337-3498-4dc8-87a7-cfe3f703c32f
  4. Pressing the search button used to show me most used apps/ files. Now it shows me suggested...

Pressing the search button used to show me most used apps/ files. Now it shows me suggested...: The latest update of windows 10 hijacked my search results, how do I make it like it used to be? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pressing-the-search-button-used-to-show-me-most/0269b337-3498-4dc8-87a7-cfe3f703c32f
  5. Pressing the search button used to show me most used apps/ files. Now it shows me suggested...

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Looking for Suggestions for Reading Files w/ a .bkp File Extension

Looking for Suggestions for Reading Files w/ a .bkp File Extension: I have a Samsung Galaxy S8, and over the years, I've backed up the data on it. I currently need to view the call log backup file w/out restoring it and overwriting my current call log. I'm working on my laptop (Windows 10 Pro v21H1 (OS Build 19043.1165), and I tried...
  7. Fix file extensions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fix file extensions: Hello, I need to change some document file extensions from one I created years ago .bcp to .wpd WordPerfect. I used the instructions from a 2019 post using cmd in the correct folder, then ren *.bcp *.wpd. The result was the extension .bcpwpd. When I tried it again using...
  8. Suggestion FIX for File Explorer not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Suggestion FIX for File Explorer not working: Now, this worked for me today CLOSE File Manager Click on Task Manager it can be found on Windows 10 on your taskbar at the bottom of the screen but I am old school so I use keys all at the same time SHIFT ALT DELETE Sort in alphabetical order if it isn't Right click...
  9. Anyway to fix the "top apps" suggestion in Windows Search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyway to fix the "top apps" suggestion in Windows Search?: I am running Windows 1909 and my top apps suggestion is still stuck on the same four applications for a long time now. I don't use those applications anymore, so it should have cycled to new ones. Moreover, it lists only four panes instead of five for some reason. Although...
  10. File extension for Open Office Writer

File extension for Open Office Writer: I've been using MSOffice Word for quite some time. I want to switch over to Open Office Writer. Can I save a file that I make in Writer with an docx file extinsion? If not, since I have dozens of files with the docx externsion, which is the best one that I can save my...