Windows 10: suggestions are not showing in start menu

Discus and support suggestions are not showing in start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I turn on show suggestions occasionally on start it is not working please help me [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by shubhamkumar12360, Nov 24, 2020.

1. suggestions are not showing in start menu

when I turn on show suggestions occasionally on start it is not working please help me

suggestions are not showing in start menu 7a7015a0-54be-4726-b5b0-16b722692876?upload=true.png

:)

shubhamkumar12360, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. Neilg Win User

suggestions are not showing in start menu

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

suggestions are not showing in start menu

1. suggestions are not showing in start menu - Similar Threads - suggestions are showing

2. Windows 11 start menu 'suggested list' does not show files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 start menu 'suggested list' does not show files.: After deleting a file from the Windows 11 Start Menu "Suggested List", it does not appear in the "Suggested List" even if the file is used again.Is there any solution other than initialization? I want you to tell me....
  3. Windows 11 start menu 'suggested list' does not show files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 start menu 'suggested list' does not show files.: After deleting a file from the Windows 11 Start Menu "Suggested List", it does not appear in the "Suggested List" even if the file is used again.Is there any solution other than initialization? I want you to tell me....
  4. How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu: Hi,I previously asked how to disable the constant advertisement of edge on the start menu. By resetting the search menu, the edge suggestion did disappear after clicking the x button once and I thought the problem was resolved, but it still came back after opening the search...
  5. How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu

How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu: Hi,I previously asked how to disable the constant advertisement of edge on the start menu. By resetting the search menu, the edge suggestion did disappear after clicking the x button once and I thought the problem was resolved, but it still came back after opening the search...
  6. How to disable edge suggestion in windows start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Start Menu Folder Suggestion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Folder Suggestion: To start this off, I hate the Windows 11 Start Menu. It seems super cluttered, and I question, why isn't there a method to create folders, like on a mobile device, or even WINDOWS 10! Yes, we can insert folders from file explorer which opens up a new tab. But wouldn't just...
  8. Start Menu Folder Suggestion

Start Menu Folder Suggestion: To start this off, I hate the Windows 11 Start Menu. It seems super cluttered, and I question, why isn't there a method to create folders, like on a mobile device, or even WINDOWS 10! Yes, we can insert folders from file explorer which opens up a new tab. But wouldn't just...
  9. PROGRAMS NOT SHOWING IN START MENU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PROGRAMS NOT SHOWING IN START MENU: Hey there! I have a problem, few days ago I noticed that I dont have all my programs in start menu, they are all gone and when I search for them in search box I cant find them there....
  10. Ads for Edge on start menu, even with 'suggestions' disabled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ads for Edge on start menu, even with 'suggestions' disabled: As stated in the title. I have "Show Suggestions" disabled under Personalization, but got another start menu ad for Edge today on my start menu. Unfortunately I X'd out the ad before digging farther into this, but I'm pretty pissed off. Yes, it's a small issue--but I...