Windows 10: Suggestions for a better file/favorites manager.

Discus and support Suggestions for a better file/favorites manager. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I really need a good file manger that can help me keep my favorites folder current and up to date. I've been using Windows going all the way back to... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jayv2251, Nov 7, 2016.

1. jayv2251 Win User

Suggestions for a better file/favorites manager.

I really need a good file manger that can help me keep my favorites folder current and up to date. I've been using Windows going all the way back to Dos days. While I have used and even like other browsers, I have an issue where I NEED to use Windows Explorer or now Windows Edge. I'm not working right now. I'm applying for both work at home type jobs as well as any entry level office type work.

Since you cannot go anywhere and request an application, fill it out and then submit it. Everyone tells you to "Go online and apply". These online job applications REQUIRE the use of Explorer and now I've ran across two that mentions Edge. I really don't like it, because IE 11 causes Windows 10 to crash for me all the time.

One issue I wished Microsoft would have fixed in Edge is the "organize favorites" feature. I don't understand why Explorer or Edge don't use a similar format of organizing your favorites as File Manager/File Explorer does. That small window you get when using the organize feature leaves very little to be desired. Also, I've used freeware to do this, just wish Edge would have a way to check links, for duplicates, broken links or links that have moved. Suggestions for something that would help manage my favorites folders would be greatly appreciated!

:)

jayv2251, Nov 7, 2016

2. W10 Upgrade wiped out my Edge Favorites

Until Edge allows better management of Favorites I recommend using
    Manage Edge Favorites
    to have the same features as Internet Explorer including backing up Favorites to an HTML file so you never lose them. Otherwise they're kept in a database file that gets reinstalled with Edge.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 7, 2016
  3. Suggestions for a password manager.

I've tried Lite_Walletx, currently using a new one called my1login. You add a kind of bookmark button on your browser which fills in your details.

Stephenswoo, Nov 7, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

IE 11 should not be causing Windows to crash. That's worth investigating.
    Try running it without add-ons. (E.g. Tools, Manage Add-ons).

You can 'remove' and 'reinstall' it via the Control Panel if you are confident there aren't other issues with your PC.
    You can try running
    sfc /scannow
    from an admin command prompt.

And you can check your reliability history or event log and obtain more details about the crash.

You might succeed in what you are doing with Firefox, with an add-on allowing you to use IE's rendering engine within Firefox. It depends precisely what the site is sensitive to.

dalchina, Nov 8, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    I think it is meant that you need to use Internet Explorer. Windows Explorer was the file manager in Win7 and earlier, changed to File Explorer in Win8 and newer, although references may still refer to Windows Explorer. It is difficult at time to "keep up" with things when Microsoft has a propensity to duplicate naming of programs/applications.

Berton, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Suggestions for a better file/favorites manager. - Similar Threads - Suggestions better file

2. Files Explorer Suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files Explorer Suggestions: Files Explorer Suggestions:1. Recent list: compress it. Why is this list all spread out? Other lists of files in Explorer aren't all spread out.Compared to:2. Tab Titles Tab Titles would be more useful if they favored the right most part of the title instead of the most...
  3. I found a better task manager!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I found a better task manager!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/I_EatDirt123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kvfa5w/i_found_a_better_task_manager/
  4. Password Managers - Better than a Post-It?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Managers - Better than a Post-It?: Ive looked at some discussions here and elsewhere, and my wife hit me with a question last night You follow the clamor saying you need a password manager presume Dashlane or Lastpass or something equivalent. HOPEFULLY, you find one that HAS actual, accessible, human support...
  5. Request for suggestion to better manage small 2 PC network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Request for suggestion to better manage small 2 PC network: I have 2 PCs running WIN 10 Home version (version 10.0.18362 Build 18362- 64 bit). Also, on the recommendation of my local cable company repair man, I got a NETGEAR Nighthawk 1750 router for the purpose of file sharing and the ability for both PCs to maximize the speed of my...
  6. cookie manager that is better than Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    cookie manager that is better than Firefox: I really like (well, mostly) Firefox, but I find that the cookie manager is a real pain.*Confused I'm looking for a third-party tool that gives me a view like MS File Explorer. 141255
  7. GPO Management Show Favorites bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPO Management Show Favorites bar: Hello, I hope I am in right spot. I am "cleaning" up the GPOs in a new facility I am currently at. And also just making general changes. One of the things that the previous IT staff didn't do was configure the OS at all. So there are computers (all Windows 10) and our RDS...
  8. enhanced WiFi management suggestions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    enhanced WiFi management suggestions: One thing that has always (in every OS) vexed me is that I can't automate WiFi management, nor easily identify when/where a remembered connection was added. I'd love to see: AP Nicknames: to a connection (SSID: FreeHotelWiFi, nickname: Seattle Airport Hotel) Geo-limited:...
  9. Microsoft Edge Favorites management HELP !

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Favorites management HELP !: ​Everytime I use drag and drop to move around Favorites, the bar gets dimmed and I get a message saying "Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing. If you close Microsoft Edge, some items might not be shared". At this point, the solution is to close the Edge browser. Can...
  10. Managing favorites in edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Managing favorites in edge browser?: How do I manage my favorites in the new Edge browser? I accidently moved a favorites folder into another favorites folder & I don't know how to get the folder out of the other folder? Thanks 12466