Windows 10: Suggestions For a Reliable 16GB Flash Drive With Good Performance/Cost

Discus and support Suggestions For a Reliable 16GB Flash Drive With Good Performance/Cost in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My wife just took delivery of a new Dell laptop. The first hurdle is to create a backup on a 16GB USB flash drive. I searched for reviews of USB 3.0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by baumgrenze, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Suggestions For a Reliable 16GB Flash Drive With Good Performance/Cost

My wife just took delivery of a new Dell laptop. The first hurdle is to create a backup on a 16GB USB flash drive.

I searched for reviews of USB 3.0 drives. An early hit suggested a drive by well known maker. I think I found the recommended product on Amazon. More than one negative review appeared to come from a qualified user who tested it and found it to be very slow.

This is a reliable community. What can other other members suggest is a decent product for the task?

Thanks,

:)

baumgrenze, Apr 28, 2020

2. Corsair Launches New High Performance 16GB Flash Drive

Corsair today announced a new 16GB high performance “GT” Flash Voyager USB 2.0 drive. The new Corsair 16GB GT Flash Voyager USB drive will be debuted at the CeBIT 2008 Show next week in Hanover, Germany on Corsair’s stand.

Suggestions For a Reliable 16GB Flash Drive With Good Performance/Cost voyager_hero_thm.jpg

High Performance USB Solutions for Transporting & Backing-up Critical Data

The new Flash Voyager GT USB drive provides data transfer rates that are up to 4X faster than standard USB 2.0 drives. Whether transporting office files, pictures or even full-length movies, you can “store-n-go” faster with the Corsair GT USB line. The drive has been optimized to take full advantage of its advanced flash controller technology as well as the screened and hand-selected NAND flash chips.

Performance data shows:

Suggestions For a Reliable 16GB Flash Drive With Good Performance/Cost voyager_gt_specs.png

Corsair 16GB GT USB Drive Features:
    • Maximum durability – proprietary all-rubber housing
    • Drive integrity – water resistant and shock resistant
    • Data security – TrueCrypt encryption software offering AES 256-bit encryption
    • User warranty – 10 years with on-demand customer support
    The new 16GB Flash Voyager GT utilizes Corsair’s proprietary water and shock resistant all-rubber casing, meaning that users with busy and active lifestyles can be confident that their data is secure and protected from damage.

Corsair 16GB GT USB drives are immediately available:
    • Flash Voyager 16GB GT ~ $169.99 USD MSRP
    Source: Corsair

Jimmy 2004, Apr 28, 2020
  3. rhegde Win User
    Suggestions for Maps/Drive

Some more suggestions

- When you set a destination in drive, you should be able to set an address which is existing in the contact list

- You should be able to view all step by step navigations. right now you are not able to see complete direction steps.

rhegde, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Suggestions For a Reliable 16GB Flash Drive With Good Performance/Cost

Files keep getting corrupted on my flash drive

Hi Craig,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would suggest you to enable "Better Performance" on the flash driver from the Device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager (Press Windows key + letter 'X' and choose Device Manager).
    • Expand Disk Drives.
    • Right click on the flash drive and choose "Properties."
    • Under the Policies tab, choose "Better Performance" and Apply changes.
    • Restart the computer and check the issue status.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Suggestions For a Reliable 16GB Flash Drive With Good Performance/Cost

1. Suggestions For a Reliable 16GB Flash Drive With Good Performance/Cost - Similar Threads - Suggestions Reliable 16GB

2. Hard drive reliability is degraded

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive reliability is degraded: Recently, upon startup of my omen-n0xxx laptop it says i have a disk error, and when i look into it farther it says my disk has 100% remaining life. This error came up over 2 months ago. Recently however, my games have ended up crashing my laptop sometimes. even one time upon...
  3. Are these usb flash drives any good?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Are these usb flash drives any good?: Hi! I'm searching for a good quality, high capacity and fast r/w usb stick. I found two of them which maybe come to count by me. Are they any good: 1. Kingston DT100G3/256GB 2. Kingston DTKN/128GB I would like to buy the 1. option. What you think about these two sticks? I...
  4. Reliability of Toshiba drives.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reliability of Toshiba drives.: Hey, all. Basically, I want to know if you've had good experiences with Toshiba drives (particularly external ones). Have they been fast, reliable, delivered consistent performance? How are they in comparison to WD drives & other drive manufacturers? The drive in particular...
  5. Reliability of Toshiba drives.

in Windows 10 Support
    Reliability of Toshiba drives.: Hey, all. Basically, I want to know if you've had good experiences with Toshiba drives (particularly external ones). Have they been fast, reliable, delivered consistent performance? How are they in comparison to WD drives & other drive manufacturers? The drive in particular...
  6. USB 3.0 flash drive performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    USB 3.0 flash drive performance: What is a good USB 3.0 flash driver performance (read/write speed)? I just picked up a pack of 5 USB 3.0 Kexin (no-name) flash drives, and I'm very unhappy with them. They seem extremely slow, not much, if any, better that a USB 2.0 drive. At less than $5 a piece, the price...
  7. Non Performing Flash Drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Non Performing Flash Drive.: My brand new Samsung flash drive corrupts my files after copying from my laptop. The files work ok when i open it on my laptop after i copy it unto the flashdrive but the files does not work again after i eject and insert again on the same laptop. I thought it was from the...
  8. Suggestions on best "Search" utility. Accurate, deep, reliable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suggestions on best "Search" utility. Accurate, deep, reliable: Friends I have used Search Everything for years, blissfully ignorant of the fact that it misses, fails to find, all files meeting the given criteria/filters. It is no secret that Windows 10/8/7 search function isn't reliable in that regard either - it will miss files and can...
  9. Windows froze and killed my 16GB USB flash drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows froze and killed my 16GB USB flash drive: Hello all, I have this older laptop which is stuck in a repair loop again. Last time it got stuck I used the Windows Media Creation tool to reinstall Windows on it as it couldn't manage to do so on itself. This time, however, when I tried installing the Media Tool, on the...
  10. Edge performance and Reliability

in Browsers and Email
    Edge performance and Reliability: Today I tried to figure out what is causing Edge to freeze a couple of minutes after first launch, for 1-2 minutes, before becoming responsive again. (Microsoft Edge Manager running at 100% on 1 core) What I did, was completely disabling Cortana via reg edit. (since this...