Windows 10: Suggestions for Account Setup in a computer lab

Discus and support Suggestions for Account Setup in a computer lab in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello: I'm a teacher's aid for a computer class and until recently our class size was limited to the number of workstations we had available:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BR2049, Jul 30, 2019.

1. BR2049 Win User

Suggestions for Account Setup in a computer lab

Hello:

I'm a teacher's aid for a computer class and until recently our class size was limited to the number of workstations we had available: eighteen desktops. Now we've doubled enrollment and have to pair day-time student with night-time students on a single machine.

My boss wants for students to have separate environments where they can potentially wreck and reinstall the OS without damaging another student's account. We tried having two separate physical hard drives installed with their own image of Windows so that we could just physically swap drives between classes, but we kept having to delete and reinstall Windows Boot Manager every time we did that.

Now my boss wants to try a dual-boot configuration supporting two installations of Windows 10 Pro. The idea is that if one student needs to reinstall Windows on his partition, the other student's image, software, and work will be preserved.

Hyper-V will also be utilized in the class, but only for working with Windows 7 pro images.

Personally, I think we should just install one image of Win10 with two student accounts and let them play around with other OS images in Hyper-V. They could wreck them all day and just reinstall the virtual image. But my boss feels there's something to be said for working around with a physical machine (and all their quirks) and manually installing, configuring, and troubleshooting a Windows installation. In short, he things a virtual environment is too easy.

Any suggestions on what a good approach might be for our class?

:)

BR2049, Jul 30, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Credential Guard lab companion

Source: Credential Guard lab companion Datacenter and Private Cloud Security Blog

See also:

Brink, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Suggestions for Account Setup in a computer lab

email account hacked. please help

Then I suggest you use it.

TheMailMan78, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Suggestions for Account Setup in a computer lab

1. Suggestions for Account Setup in a computer lab - Similar Threads - Suggestions Account Setup

2. Setup Work Account on Personal Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup Work Account on Personal Computer: Hi guys,I've been trying to create another user and use my work email for that user but somehow I cannot. I tried looking for a tutorial but there's one thing missing, I don't have the option to add another user using a work or school account. On Settings -> Accounts -> Other...
  3. Computer lab crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lab crashing: Hello i am managing a computer lab and they keep crashing, The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff802585ffc97, 0xffffd604b8b84bd8, 0xfffff8025d8a6920. they all BSOD randomly when in use and not in use, sometimes...
  4. Computer lab crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer lab crashing: Hello i am managing a computer lab and they keep crashing, The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff802585ffc97, 0xffffd604b8b84bd8, 0xfffff8025d8a6920. they all BSOD randomly when in use and not in use, sometimes...
  5. Computer lab crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Removing SUGGESTED ACCOUNTS from the Mail app ADD AN ACCOUNT setup wizard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing SUGGESTED ACCOUNTS from the Mail app ADD AN ACCOUNT setup wizard: Recently I face problem in removing my Microsoft account from the "suggest accounts" appearing in the "add an accounts" setup wizard for adding/removing email accounts for the "Mail" app When you select the Microsoft Account example *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  7. Removing SUGGESTED ACCOUNTS from the Mail app ADD AN ACCOUNT setup wizard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing SUGGESTED ACCOUNTS from the Mail app ADD AN ACCOUNT setup wizard: Recently I face problem in removing my Microsoft account from the "suggest accounts" appearing in the "add an accounts" setup wizard for adding/removing email accounts for the "Mail" app When you select the Microsoft Account example *** Email address is removed for privacy...
  8. Removing SUGGESTED ACCOUNTS from the Mail app ADD AN ACCOUNT setup wizard

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to setup WSL2 in a multi user lab environment?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to setup WSL2 in a multi user lab environment?: Hi there,is there a way to set up WSL2 in a multi-user environment with roaming profiles and home folders on network drives like a school computer lab? My users may log on different Windows systems for the courses. They don't have administrative rights on the systems. I'm...
  10. Recommendation of setting up a computer lab.

in Windows 10 Support
    Recommendation of setting up a computer lab.: Hello everyone, I have been recently asked to maintain a computer lab for my school. The person who was previously in charge of it tried to create his own image, which caused a lot of software issues and slowness. Beyond me making my own image, I would like some...