Windows 10: suggestions for newer operating system

Discus and support suggestions for newer operating system in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The new windows 9 is awesome but as same as windows 8 only with some more changes and i want to inform that apple launched ios 8.0, google launched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by akshay jain, Jul 2, 2014.

1. suggestions for newer operating system

The new windows 9 is awesome but as same as windows 8 only with some more changes and i want to inform that apple launched ios 8.0, google launched android l (lollipop) and are getting ahead
    so I want to suggest that what if microsoft develops a new os which would have windows, android, ios, xbox and play station platforms together

:)

akshay jain, Jul 2, 2014

2. Nokia 6680 S60 3rd Edition

It's not possible to update old models with new operating systems. You have to buy a newer phone to get a newer operating system.

Newer operating systems require faster processors and more memory to run.

psychomania---01, Jul 2, 2014
  3. N70 Music edition does not support A2DP?!?

The N70ME was released before A2DP was a well known or popular feature. Unfortunately it's operating system is too old to support this feature.

Newer models like the N73ME do support it as they have a newer operating system.

psychomania---01, Jul 2, 2014
  4. LEE
    Lee Win User

suggestions for newer operating system

First let me say "Welcome to the Nine Forums". . .*Thumbs*Thumbs*Thumbs
    Second: Is there something I am missing here, didn't know that Nine had been released, so just wondering how it is you know it is awsome. . .*Doh

5. Britton30 Win User
    They need an OS for computers (read desktop and laptop) and a completely separate OS for smaller mobile stuff. Having an abomination of Windows, Android and gaming consoles is absurd.

And yeah where did you see Windows 9? suggestions for newer operating system o_O

Britton30, Jul 5, 2014
  6. Chuck38 Win User
    Umm…IOS 8 has not been released. It's suppose to be released this fall? And I believe the current version of Android is 4.4 Kit Kat.

And I, as well will ask…where did you see Windows 9?

Chuck38, Jul 7, 2014
  7. I googled it & found no windows 9 download available anywhere.

David Bailey, Jul 7, 2014
  8. suggestions for newer operating system

Ok, what should Windows 9 have?

1. It should have Windows, the ability to have multiple applications running at the same time is critical for people who really do work on their computers.

It should have a simple custom start menu that you can add your commonly used software to that doesn't have 50 icons you never use.

It would be nice if it had a browser that worked.

Internet Explorer has been unable to open my Comcast home page on both of the Windows 8 computers that I have had, along with some other pages I use.

If it's going to have a mail app, it should be able to open Pop3 email accounts.
    Windows 8 can't open my Comcast email either.

It should have a task bar that can be visible or hidden when other software is running.
    I have some programs that need the space at the bottom.

The way the task bar worked in Windows XP was great.

Mainly it should run normal software in a normal manner, apps that have only the basic options that don't do much of anything aren't really a lot of help.

They should have had a separate OS for PCs and touch pads to start with.

PCs aren't going anyplace anytime soon, I can't run Adobe software like Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Premiere or games like The Elder Scrolls Online on a touch device.

I have an iPad, I know what it can do and can't do, and there's a lot it can't do, that I can do on my PC.

On the other hand I don't carry my desktop around and take pictures with it. LOL

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Jul 10, 2014
  9. LEE
    Lee Win User
    Hay Mike all that is a given. . .except that stuff from XP. Sure hope they don't do anything stupid and put XP stuff in Nine. . .*Doh

Don't know anything about Comcast. . .live in central mountains of ID using a T-1 Sat for Board Band Internet connection. . .*Thumbs

10. Hi

Windows XP had an option that would keep the task bar viable on the desktop but make it stay behind open programs that were running full screen.

They changed that in Windows 7 to the so that only the hide and peek option was available.

I have software that has buttons at the very bottom, so when I try and click on them, the task bar pops up and obscures them, it's kind of a problem at times.

I'd like to see the option to have the task bar stay in the background back.

For that matter I'd like the programs menu from Windows XP back, I hated the scrolling programs menu in Windows 7 from the start.

I have over 100 software programs installed (many pieces of software add multiple icons, i.e. uninstall, options etc.) having to scroll through all of them was a real pain.

I use and have used Classic Shell since Windows 7 came out to fix that.
    I like having an alphabetized start menu with folders.

I use Rocket Dock for my commonly used software and links, and will probably still do that no matter what version of Windows I run.

I've used it since Windows 7 came online.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Jul 11, 2014
  11. I used RocketDock on XP Vista and W7. I didn't like Taskbar autohide so I wrote a couple of utilities to set the desktop Work Area with a gap on the Taskbar edge. You may or may not find one of them useful. *Smile Unfortunately I only had a single monitor setup. No multi-monitor support I'm afraid.

software.tk

MilesAhead, Jul 11, 2014
  12. Hi

Thanks I'll check it out.

What I'd like is a utility that just makes the Task bar stay behind open full screen windows when I want it to.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Jul 11, 2014
  13. suggestions for newer operating system

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...5-97f381ad1c75

You might look for Autohotkey Taskbar manipulation utilities. I don't recall anything specifically to force it to the bottom in z-order. I tried to get system change notifications for the Taskbar for one of my programs and there were none sent afaict. Screen res change yes. But Taskbar satus change didn't even fire.

MilesAhead, Jul 12, 2014
  14. One thing that strikes me odd is that after all this time there's still no facility to run console programs in the background like Linux. Instead of typing in all the mumbo jumbo to open another command processor we should be able to just stick a symbol on the end. One for detached in background. Another for opening another window and running. That way one can keep typing into the same console window. It shouldn't be difficult to implement.

MilesAhead, Jul 13, 2014
  15. Whew! I like Mike! or was that "I like Ike"? I guess that dates me, eh?

I don't understand all the angst against XP. It was the defacto OS for many years and "it was good". I seldom heard anyone complaining about it.

I've tested every OS since Windows 3.0 and no OS ever did the job so simply and completely as XP-Pro-SP3, which I've just re-installed and am still running.

Windows 8 or even 8.1 did the job and was acceptable with a few tweaks, like The Classic Shell, Grant Admin Full Control, and a few other registry tweaks to improve performance. But right out of the box, it was/is a total piece of crap.

It takes me almost two hours, to set up a new Windows 8 PC for my old customers, so they can use it and not take it right back to the store, for a refund.

Duh? Why include Windows Mail in W-8 and then disable it so it can't run? Stupid.....Way Stupid!
    Well Microshaft, I have the fix for that and my customers who have used Outlook Express as their email program for over a decade, love me for it.

If I'm forced to use Windows 8/8.1 I can....I know how, but my first choice is to continue to use XP, with or without MS support. I just WORKS!

Albeit.... one thing that most W8.1 users don't even know, is that 8.1 has 16 bit compatibility. It will run those old 16 bit (DOS) programs that so many people are still in love with.
    I have an old Mahjongg game that I bought in 1990, that plays just great on 8.1. *Smile

suggestions for newer operating system [​IMG]

86 the sheep jokes!

Windows 9 better be one heck of an OS to get my business.

Cheers Mates!
    *Cool

TechnoMage, Jul 14, 2014
Thema:

suggestions for newer operating system

1. suggestions for newer operating system - Similar Threads - suggestions newer operating

2. Operating System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Operating System: Microsoft tried to update my window 10 to window 11. It messed up my previous operating system. I received a error message that stated, "Previous operating system has failed. My operating system has went back to the reset system. I can not find any of my documents, files,...
  3. Operating system

Operating system: Hi, Planing to buy a dell inspiron 7501. The dell website mentions it is integrated with window 10 home single language. I would like to that particular operating system has 32bit or 64 bit size. Thank you madhav...
  4. Operating system

Operating system: Is windows 10 home single language 32 bit or 64 bit operating system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system/f857afd7-aba9-4799-b8f8-182f89dd7677
  5. Operating system

Operating system: Is my os version and build higher?? or lower? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system/3c88a651-d6bc-4a77-9f89-1c47409b8f9b
  6. Operating system

Operating system: Hell sir I am use bye dell computer for windows 10 ligal operating system but education perpose i want to use bye another operating sysytem only for collage work ...sir I am booting my computer and loaded the other operating system means I am use bye two operating system...
  7. Operation System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operation System: " You are running 32-bit Windows, But this installer installs 64-Bit which can only be installed on 64-bit Windows. Please download the 32-bit version on website " This is the error message i get on almost every program i try to install to my device. but my system shows i...
  8. Operating System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Operating System: What can I do to stop getting the message, “An Operating System wasn’t found. Try disconnecting any drives that don’t contain an operating system. Press any key to restart.”, when I turn on my computer?...
  9. Operating System

Operating System: I deleted my operating system somehow when factory resetting my computer. I have an HP Envy that came pre-installed with Windows 10. Is there anything I can do to recover windows?...
  10. Operation System

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Operation System: Plzz..Tell to me...What is my originally windows 10 version...among this....10 pro/10 home/10 home single language ...also i can activate windows 10 home single language using digital license key...my laptop model :-Hp notebook 15 ac 126 tu......