Windows 10: Suggestions on network sharing issue - W10 Enterprise and W10 Home

Discus and support Suggestions on network sharing issue - W10 Enterprise and W10 Home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had network sharing working between these systems until a recent update was pushed to W10 Enterprise. Ever since I no longer have access from W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bg56, Feb 20, 2018.

1. bg56 Win User

Suggestions on network sharing issue - W10 Enterprise and W10 Home

I had network sharing working between these systems until a recent update was pushed to W10 Enterprise. Ever since I no longer have access from W10 Enterprise to W10 Home. All other network sharing still works include between W10 Home systems and from Roku/Android to W10 Home. Details below. Hoping for any suggestions on diagnosis or solution.

Symptoms:

Network sharing was working up until recent Windows 10 Update. Ever since, access from Windows 10 Enterprise to Windows 10 Home (Dell) results in prompt for credentials which always fails. When working, no credentials were required when working. Have tried access using computer name ip address with same results.

All computers are on same LAN/router/subnet

Windows 10 Home DELL (WORKGROUP name = WORKGROUP)
    - Running services: DNS, Function Discovery Resource Publication, SSDP Discovery, UPnP device host
    - SMBV1 enabled (for Android TV sharing)
    - Advanced Sharing settings:
    --- Private net: Network discovery ON, File & Print sharing ON,Use user accounts and PW
    --- All networks: 128 bit encryption, password protected sharing OFF
    - NOT Visible in File Explorer NETWORK view from any computers
    - Shared discs/files CAN be accessed by computer name AND ip address from all computers/Roku/Android EXCEPTION Windows 10 Enterprise computer.

Windows 10 Home HTPC (WORKGROUP name = WORKGROUP)
    All services & sharing settings sames as DELL, shares access works with no problem between both computers

Roku (PLEX & Roku media) & GBOX MX2 (android TV) - share access works OK

Windows 10 Enterprise (WORKGROUP name = WORKGROUP, set up as "business computer")
    - When accessing shares on DELL & HTPC, am prompted for network credentials then fail (was working prior to latest Windows update)
    - Enabled services: sames as DELL
    - SMBV1 is NOT enabled
    - Advanced sharing: same as DELL
    - Firewall settings: rules set to allow inbound and outbound file sharing on PRIVATE network

:)

2. Teddy2016 Win User

Network problems

Hi!

On the W10 machine, go to Network and sharing center > Change advanced sharing settings > Guest and Public Profiles. Turn off network discovery for Guest and Public. Turn on for private and
    Restart.

For HomeGroup let the W10 machine be the creator of the home group. If W8 is already the creator, then you have to go threw the leave home group deal.

This is from W10 and W7 network. W8 may be a hole new issue if you are using the UEFI bios.

Teddy2016, Feb 20, 2018
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Shilohbob, Feb 20, 2018
  4. bg56 Win User

SOLUTION: Manually added windows credentials for W10 Home (Dell) on the W10 Enterprise computer. Access network shares now with no prompt for credentials.

Thema:

1. Suggestions on network sharing issue - W10 Enterprise and W10 Home - Similar Threads - Suggestions network sharing

2. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  3. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  4. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  6. 2 W10 PCs on home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 W10 PCs on home network: Hello all....can't connect over my home network after updating 1 PCs OS from 7 to 10 10 ProN 18363.476 Network... Everything worked prior to updating the OS on PC 1 Cable modem to netgear 7900 7900 to PC 1 7900 to netgear Proline to PC 2 Same workgroup both PCs are on a...
  7. W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Enterprise instead of W10 Pro: I have new laptop Acer Aspire. It was bought with OEM W10Home. Then I have ordered and paid licence for W10Pro. At the last form of purchasing process is button "Install". I pushed it. After restart there is W10Enterprise. Now I am not able to activate it nor to change it to...
  8. W10 Network/Share Issue!!!!

W10 Network/Share Issue!!!!: Between Netbook and Desktop, both running W10. Netbook can view, but not access, the drives of the Desktop - states that i haven't given it permission to share on the desktop. I have got into the share permissions properties countless times on both netbook and desktop. Both...
  9. W10 Home Network - File Sharing?

W10 Home Network - File Sharing?: after HomeGroup was removed in April 2018, I can't figure out how to share my files/folders over a network. I went into the [properties] of each of my drives > [Sharing] > [Advanced Sharing] > set [permissions] > [Apply] then what do i do? right-click file/folder, select...
  10. W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network: Unfortunately my laptop had to be rolled back to W7 due to driver issues after the version 1803 update. Now I cannot get my home networking sharing working. I can see both computers but get "you do not have permission to access>>>>" warning on both pc when trying to access...