Windows 10: Suggestions to lower Memory/Ram usage?

Discus and support Suggestions to lower Memory/Ram usage? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My mac air(early 2014) only has 4gb of ram, and this cannot be changed ( Apple is very stingy on this for the ram is pre-soldered in and costs a high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by grimofdoom, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Suggestions to lower Memory/Ram usage?

My mac air(early 2014) only has 4gb of ram, and this cannot be changed ( Apple is very stingy on this for the ram is pre-soldered in and costs a high $100 for the extra 4gb of ram before purchase). Right now, with nothing opened up, 30% is being used up.

I have increased cores from 1 to 4, changed the visual effects to best performance, maximized ram usage/ virtual memory. No changes to the memory usage, staying at 30%. I did consult the windows hep desk about Cortana can take up from 20mb-80mb at a constant change AFTER being fully disabled(rarely once, i saw it jump up to ~500mb.( currently Cortana is part of the core and cannot be truly disabled... for now).

(I have steam and Avast, which also takes a small bit of the memory)

Does anyone else have any suggestion on how I can improve perfomance and lower the ram usage?

:)

grimofdoom, Aug 2, 2015

2. how to: working on windows XP

it is easy question , more speedy,lower memory ,

for booklet 3g , his cpu ,ram is not enough to make win7 work well,

chinakeynes, Aug 2, 2015
  3. korngear Win User
    Memory Behavior

Till August 2007, I have never seen any phone that contains massive RAM or your (our) demanded memory that is incorporated with

except E90 and N95.

E90 has 128 MB of RAM.

N95 has 64 MB of RAM.

Problem with N95 is though it has quite sufficient RAM but it is loaded with vast range of
    preinstalled built in/rom memory based applications.

No, E61/E61i has insufficient RAM memory.

The new N77 is almost the same.

OS 9.5 based phones will have sufficient memory for powerful media operation.

Your problem associated with web browsers is to eat vastly of embedded RAM of the device.

I know M600i, it was praised but criticised for havin lower RAM availability.

Recent SW upgrade vastly improved memory behavior of M600i.

Let see what happens next!

korngear, Aug 2, 2015
  4. cluberti Win User

Suggestions to lower Memory/Ram usage?

It would help to know where the memory is being consumed - can you post a screenshot of what you see on the "Memory" tab in resmon (sort by "Working Set")? Currently RAMMap doesn't work on Windows 10 just yet, so we'll have to make due with resmon until RAMMap gets an update.

cluberti, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Suggestions to lower Memory/Ram usage? [​IMG]
    Here is my task manager with nothing else running.

grimofdoom, Aug 2, 2015
  6. cluberti Win User
    That would be task manager - I asked for a screenshot from ResMon, specifically the "Memory" tab.

Task Manager is not a good starting point for certain consumption patterns, and memory is one of them. Use ResMon instead.

cluberti, Aug 2, 2015
  7. batlhilz Win User
    i think its the way of windows 10 uses and preserves memory, i have the same "problem" - however its not truly in use, its just reserved by windows for its background processes and stuff?

batlhilz, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Suggestions to lower Memory/Ram usage?

Suggestions to lower Memory/Ram usage? [​IMG]

grimofdoom, Aug 2, 2015
  9. cluberti Win User
    That's actually not bad - it is indeed memory in use, but well within the minimum requirements for Windows 10. Here's what my machine looks like running Windows 10 this evening:

https://www.tenforums.com/attachmen...memory.png?s=c1e8b753a573dc6e5ffc1ac8c4009171

If you wanted to reduce the load, you'd want to start by disabling things like Cortana (SearchUI.exe), and disabling services and scheduled tasks. You'd probably not get more than 100MB or so by doing it, but if you can stand to live without those features you should be OK to do so at your discretion. I make ZERO claims, positive or negative, about the following page, but if you want to translate it it's getting some play around the interwebs right now:
    Windows 10 super-debloating guide

cluberti, Aug 2, 2015
  10. From my talks with the Microsoft's live help. Cortana is part of the core and will just continue to restart itself. I tried to end the task 'searchUI', but it comes back on like nothing ever happened.

grimofdoom, Aug 2, 2015
  11. NUS
    Nus Win User
    Makes you wonder how we managed to scrape by with 8MB RAM in Win 95, lol...

You can stop Cortana running with the rename folder hack.

12. mkdr Win User
    What are you even talking about o_0 April 1st? Troll post? 34% USAGE is an incredible good value for Windows & 4GB... Windows 8.1 used about 44% after clean boot. Unbelievable... Also Windows will try to adapt if you have less ram, to about always stay around 40-50%, even if you have 2gb or 1gb after boot.

13. Suggestions to lower Memory/Ram usage?

Win 10 32bit- Idle after restart 622mb. I have 2gb. It uses more ram than 7 and 8 but its working different and use ram different as I can see.
    -Disable Cortana
    -Disable defender
    -Disable some services
    -Disable One cloud

johnnybgood, Aug 2, 2015
  14. It seams unreasonably large compared to when windows 7 was running. I had it at about 10-15% average.

grimofdoom, Aug 2, 2015
  15. mkdr Win User
    Lol Windows 7... Windows 7 doesnt for example have the same superfetch version Win8/10 have. Onedrive, cortana, index, lots of other services more came with Win8 and now 10. But again, 36% is a very good value.

Thema:

Suggestions to lower Memory/Ram usage?

1. Suggestions to lower Memory/Ram usage? - Similar Threads - Suggestions lower Memory

2. High memory RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High memory RAM Usage: Hey there guys, there is high memory RAM usage when no apps/Programs are running on my PC... why ? And how to fix it ?...Please help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-ram-usage/d677cec5-bf79-412a-8640-31242e8e3bbc
  3. High memory RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High memory RAM Usage: Hey there guys, there is high memory RAM usage when no apps/Programs are running on my PC... why ? And how to fix it ?...Please help... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-memory-ram-usage/d677cec5-bf79-412a-8640-31242e8e3bbc
  4. Windows explorer ram memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer ram memory usage: I download windows 11 23H2 iso from microsoft site it is 22631.2428, make boot usb, and install on my pc everything work good but i have problem with file explorer when i use him and going to this pc or file explorer icon on task bar he use more and more ram and not empty, he...
  5. Windows explorer ram memory usage

Windows explorer ram memory usage: I download windows 11 23H2 iso from microsoft site it is 22631.2428, make boot usb, and install on my pc everything work good but i have problem with file explorer when i use him and going to this pc or file explorer icon on task bar he use more and more ram and not empty, he...
  6. Tips to lower OS RAM usage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tips to lower OS RAM usage?: Here's the scenario: > New pc, upgrade to windows 11 pro beta on the new machine.> This one is intel I7 , this particular machine was chosen for me . I think I would have gone for a Ryzen instead. This bells, whistles, and lights gaming machine stresses me out by the noise of...
  7. Tips to lower OS RAM usage?

Tips to lower OS RAM usage?: Here's the scenario: > New pc, upgrade to windows 11 pro beta on the new machine.> This one is intel I7 , this particular machine was chosen for me . I think I would have gone for a Ryzen instead. This bells, whistles, and lights gaming machine stresses me out by the noise of...
  8. High RAM memory Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM memory Usage: READ TITLE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-memory-usage/965bbc7f-371c-4acd-959f-8e8bb9534552
  9. High RAM memory Usage

High RAM memory Usage: READ TITLE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-ram-memory-usage/965bbc7f-371c-4acd-959f-8e8bb9534552
  10. How do I lower my memory usage?

How do I lower my memory usage?: I'm just now realizing how excessively high my memory usage is in task manager. Even when having 1-2 apps running I'm getting just under 50% usage. Currently, task manager says 7.3 out of 16GB are in use and all I'm doing is typing this message and listening to music on...