Windows 10: Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge)

Discus and support Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows 7 desktop came with Nuance pdf Reader installed. My Windows 10 default is Edge, but I don't like it and I use Internet Explorer 11 for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abredt, Oct 8, 2018.

1. abredt Win User

Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge)

My Windows 7 desktop came with Nuance pdf Reader installed.

My Windows 10 default is Edge, but I don't like it and I use Internet Explorer 11 for a browser.

Can you suggest a pdf Reader?
    Thanks, cb

:)

abredt, Oct 8, 2018

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Manku41 Win User
    Unable to open PDF file directly from WINZIP file

Thanks for the help. I tried the suggested steps. It did not work for me. When clicked on pdf files, now it opens with acrobat reader as opposed to Edge. But then I still cannot open pdf files directly form zip file.

Manku41, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge)

microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge)

1. Suggestions to Open .PDF Files (Not Edge) - Similar Threads - Suggestions Open PDF

2. how to prevent Edge to open Pdf files??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to prevent Edge to open Pdf files??: everytime i change the default Pdf viewer after couple of restart edge became again the main pdf viewer, how can i stop that ??thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-edge-to-open-pdf-files/305cdbe3-8e9b-4c88-9d49-48a90904b2eb
  3. how to prevent Edge to open Pdf files??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to prevent Edge to open Pdf files??: everytime i change the default Pdf viewer after couple of restart edge became again the main pdf viewer, how can i stop that ??thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-prevent-edge-to-open-pdf-files/305cdbe3-8e9b-4c88-9d49-48a90904b2eb
  4. how to prevent Edge to open Pdf files??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  6. Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adobe *.pdf files open in MS Edge: How can I spot Adobe *.pdf files from opening in MS Edge? I have Adobe Acrobat installed but the default keeps changing back to MS Edge. Can this be fixed? Thanks....
  7. Microsoft Edge keeps opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps opening PDF files: Good day Supporti have problem with Edge keeps on hijacking my PDF, i have tried changing default app to adobe acrobat , but after a reboot edge becomes the default app. Please help ?Edge is up to date. Microsoft EdgeVersion 92.0.902.73 Official build 64-bitAcrobat reader is...
  8. Saving a PDF file opened in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF file opened in Edge: Until recently, a file opened in Edge could be saved by "right clicking", selecting "Save" and then saving to the target directory on Surface. Now the "Save" functionality is greyed out i.e. saving is not possible so you have to print to PDF which takes longer. Any idea...
  9. open pdf files using Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    open pdf files using Edge: I cannot open a PDF online. I am using Win 10 and Adobe Acrobat 9. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/open-pdf-files-using-edge/c94f483d-1aba-4fca-acad-949ae4d5e628
  10. microsoft edge keep opening PDF files

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft edge keep opening PDF files: Yes I have done that without joy still Microsoft Edge keeps hijacking my .pdf files. [img]