Windows 10: Summoning Start in Tablet mode When the taskbar is set to auto hide.

Discus and support Summoning Start in Tablet mode When the taskbar is set to auto hide. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I get the impression there is no answer to this, but just in case i`m missing something... On a windows 10 tablet (i.e. surface go) I like the task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by scoob101, Oct 4, 2018.

1. scoob101 Win User

Summoning Start in Tablet mode When the taskbar is set to auto hide.

I get the impression there is no answer to this, but just in case i`m missing something...

On a windows 10 tablet (i.e. surface go) I like the task bar in 10 to auto hide, in order that applications enjoy a full screen experience with zero clutter from the task bar. Its a much cleaner look.

the problem is, that when you want to run up a new application, you need to summon the start menu, and that appears to mandate two gestures to do::

1) Swipe up to summon the task bar
    2) Tap on the windows start button on the far left of the taskbar.

On some devices (and on certain screen scaling percentages) these steps are royal pain in the a$$

In this scenario Is there any method to summon the windows start menu in a single step, to avoid that two step process?

Perhaps a method to trap a double click of volume down??

:)

scoob101, Oct 4, 2018
  2. Gonzax Win User

how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

it doesn't work for me, it gives an error in all my computers.

As for the Nibbler app it works ok but it still won't hide the taskbar from the start menu when in tablet mode, only when you open up an app or any other program (which is cool but not perfect)

Gonzax, Oct 4, 2018
  3. ticoneva Win User
    how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

I wrote a little application to auto-hide the taskbar on my tablets and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. In particular, I want the taskbar to hide in landscape mode where vertical space is precious, but not in portrait mode where there is plenty of vertical space.

Features of the application:

• Auto-hide taskbar can be turned on or off independently for each combination of tablet mode and screen orientation.
    • Install for all users.
    • Free and open source.
    The application can be downloaded here:
    http://.com/software/

ticoneva, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Summoning Start in Tablet mode When the taskbar is set to auto hide.

set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

Hi Alan,

We’re sorry that the option to Auto-hide Taskbar only in Tablet mode is not available. You can set it to auto-hide in both normal and table mode.

I would suggest you use the Feedback app to leave your findings, comments and feedback related to this product.

Members of the Windows Insider Program can provide feedback about the Windows 10 directly to our engineers by using the Windows Feedback app.

Hope it helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Summoning Start in Tablet mode When the taskbar is set to auto hide.

1. Summoning Start in Tablet mode When the taskbar is set to auto hide. - Similar Threads - Summoning Start Tablet

2. Taskbar slightly visable when set to auto-hide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar slightly visable when set to auto-hide: Hi, I have taskbar set to auto hide but, I can still see it. I see the top of the search box and the tops of any apps that are currently open, like Settings, in this case. I think my Asus monitor is fine, as I didn't have this issue on Linux. I reset it just in case, same...
  3. Auto-hide taskbar

Auto-hide taskbar: O/S 10.0.18363.836 Device HP laptop 17" May 2020 not touch screen In Tablet mode taskbar won't auto-hide, even though I have set it to do so in 'settings', also set for auto-hide for desktop, which it does do, but not in Tablet mode. Have restarted, but still won't work,...
  4. Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode"

Taskbar is not hiding, though I've set it to "automatically hide in desktop and tablet mode": New to Windows. When I'm using apps like Excel, the taskbar intrudes into the workspace. I want it to hide itself until I need it, i.e. until I cursor to it to being it out. I have taskbar setting set to automatically hide the taskbar....
  5. auto hide taskbar when viewing movies

in Windows 10 Support
    auto hide taskbar when viewing movies: how do i tell the task bar that yes you are very useful but go away when i am watching a movie (that is avi and on the laptop) also sometimes there is a clearish thing on the bottom of the screen, with controls, when watching a movie. As there is print i need to read at the...
  6. Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode

Auto hide the taskbar in Desktop Mode: I have a Surface Book 2 and I set Automatically hide the taskbar in desktop mode to On in Settings ->Taskbar, but it reverts itself to Off. Is there a permanent fix to this?...
  7. how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?

how to set taskbar to auto-hide in tablet mode?: Hi! I'm finding the taskbar to be useful in desktop mode (where I tend to be using more apps), but to be a waste of space in tablet mode (where I want a full-screen experience). Is there any way to set the taskbar to auto-hide only in tablet mode? Thanks! Alan ...
  8. App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation

App for auto-hiding the taskbar based on tablet mode and orientation: Although there is an existing paid-app that automatically hides the taskbar in tablet mode, I wished for more functionalities. I ended up writing a little application and would like to share it with anyone looking for something similar. Features: Auto-hide taskbar can be...
  9. Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-Hide doesn't hide taskbar: I have Windows10 with dual monitors. When I start Windows the taskbar on Monitor 2 is visible and won't move. If I turn Cortana on and off it resumes auto-hiding but I have to do this every time I start Windows 10. Any ideas? 41351
  10. Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto-hide Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto-hide the Taskbar in Tablet Mode in Windows 10 [img] Information Tablet mode makes Windows easier and more intuitive to use with touch on devices like 2-in-1s, or when you...