Windows 10: Sun/heat vs. laptop

Discus and support Sun/heat vs. laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win10 Pro 10.0.19041 Staying home, I'm periodically frequenting our front deck with a laptop. Yesterday, sun and little cloud cover, I left the deck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markg2, Jun 3, 2020.

1. markg2 Win User

Sun/heat vs. laptop

Win10 Pro

Staying home, I'm periodically frequenting our front deck with a laptop. Yesterday, sun and little cloud cover, I left the deck after ~2 hours. Me *and the laptop were getting too hot for comfort.

I'm concerned that the machine's innards might be more susceptible to the heat than I am. Would it be ok to place a reusable ice pad on my lap under the machine?

Although it ..would keep us both cooler, I'm not positive the machine would be okay with the cold bottom?

Mark

:)

markg2, Jun 3, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 3, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Sun/heat vs. laptop

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Sun/heat vs. laptop

1. Sun/heat vs. laptop - Similar Threads - Sun heat laptop

2. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  3. LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP OVER HEATING ISSUE: MY LAPTOP IS GETTING VERY HEAT WHILE GAMING FROM FEW DAYS PLEASE HEALP ME TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM MY LAPTOP SPECIFICATIONSSystem Manufacturer: LENOVOOperating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00GHz 4 CPUs, ~2.0GHz Memory: 4096MB RAM...
  4. is it normal laptop plugged heating?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    is it normal laptop plugged heating?: i had a DELL laptop, everytime i plugged in the charger it start heating up like 75c even though i didnt open any heavy application. is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-normal-laptop-plugged-heating/1a2ce0c8-8ceb-424a-8495-c48d6d565c4d
  5. laptop heating or slow issue

laptop heating or slow issue: laptop becomes freeze or slow when doing some work or working on any softwarelike edge Microsofthow to resolve heating and slow issuehp 15 da series https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-heating-or-slow-issue/5cc25d09-adcd-44f1-bdfa-70f28ab274cb
  6. My laptop is heating too much

My laptop is heating too much: Hi friends. My laptop is heating up and I feel the laptop is getting hot. Some times the core temp gives me a value of 96 Celsius and at the other time its between 50 and 80. For this should I use a cooling pad or are there any other upgrades to do and give me a quick reply...
  7. My laptop keeps on over heating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop keeps on over heating: whenever i play a game it just gets hot and the fan gets kind of loud and i wish i could stop this, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-on-over-heating/85d6acee-54d1-4b89-a748-3e674b640182
  8. 100% disk usage and laptop heating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    100% disk usage and laptop heating: Hi Few days before i did a full antivirus scan with my McAfee antivirus software after some time i touched my laptop it was heating ver badly this did not happen before and my disk usage was 100 % Then i reserted my laptop my laptop drive started heating and and i could...
  9. Heating of Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Heating of Laptop: when I use my laptop without the internet my laptop doesn't get heated, but when it connected to the internet it gets very hot and hotter and hotter when I use youtube? so kindly give some solutions to save my laptop from heating and loudness of fan....
  10. Question about Coolers vs. Heat Sink (New Computer)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Question about Coolers vs. Heat Sink (New Computer): Good afternoon, all. My gaming computer went the way of the dinosaur, so I am building a new one. I am still figuring out what parts to put in it, I haven't bought any parts yet. My friend suggested getting an after market cooler for my CPU (Intel i7 8700). The case...