Windows 10: Super slow after official windows update every time since March, SOLVED FOR ME!

Discus and support Super slow after official windows update every time since March, SOLVED FOR ME! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I've been having nearly literal fistfights with my laptop since March immediately after anofficial Windows update absolutely every time resulting me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TanelSaar, Oct 21, 2020.

1. TanelSaar Win User

Super slow after official windows update every time since March, SOLVED FOR ME!

So I've been having nearly literal fistfights with my laptop since March immediately after anofficial Windows update absolutely every time resulting me having to reset my Windows installation. After trying some fixes with the command prompt I thought I would actually have to throw this device in the bin and start saving for the next one.

Now, Estonian language uses letters like Õõ, Ää, Öö, Üü, so I always install the Estonian language pack on windows. This actually seems to have caused my issues. Since the keyboard layout is different from the English one, I could not get some symbols I needed in the command prompt, changing the language in the toolbar didn't work neither, so I had to remove my language to get them. The super slow issue stayed for the rest of the day. Since I nearly got stuck in the "scanning & repairing disk" loop on boot up, I didn't turn off my laptop. The next day my laptop was working perfectly fine. Until today, as I had to write an E-mail in Estonian. Immediately after reinstalling the Estonian language pack I was back in the stone age. Took me over half an hour and about a quarter of my remaining nerve cells to write a short E-mail. Removed the language pack afterwards and no issues again.

I really hope this fix helps other people, too, because I know how supermassively annoying it gets nearly smashed my device a couple of times. And I do hope some developers/programmers from Windows see this and actually care to try and fix it as I've seen literally thousands of people with these issues.

BTW if someone has figured out the same fix and realized that the issue is not with languages other than English but actually having multiple languages at the same time, please let me know. I would rather have Estonian language installed instead of English, but at this point I'm too scared to try.

:)

TanelSaar, Oct 21, 2020

2. super slow

Hi Mehedy,

PC performance might slow down due to a possible corrupted system file, high CPU, memory, or disk usage, hardware failures or software conflicts. For us to narrow down the issue, kindly answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • Have you made any recent hardware or software changes prior to this issue?
    • On which activity does your PC slows down?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the given methods on this article:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Oct 21, 2020
  3. dnroerig Win User
    Super super super slow running Windows 10

I have a Samsung touch screen computer. I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of months ago. I have Norton antivirus. A couple of weeks ago my computer started to run slow. I did a "go back to a known good date" reset. worked for a while. then started to slow
    down. Now it takes over an hour from turning on computer to get to google web page. It works, but is super super slow. Do you have a suggestion to try so I dont lose my saved data. I have only got on set up (F8) once on many attempts. Thank you for any help.

dnroerig, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Super slow after official windows update every time since March, SOLVED FOR ME!

windows 10 updates-March 2018

I have March updates that will not install. The automatic updates for 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64 based system (March KB4088776) were activated and downloaded to my computer, but they will not install on shutdown/restart.
    When I check for updates, it shows that the updates are downloaded, but when I click to uninstall, there is not a date for installation. I have researched the Windows suggestions for this problem. They tell me to remove the January 2018 updates (January
    KB4056892) and then reinstall the March update. When I attempted to uninstall the January update, I could see the update listed in the check for downloads screen, but when I click uninstall, the January update has a different reference number. Please advise.
    I have talked to my technology department and they can't determine next steps either. VERY FRUSTRATING. I need my computer for work.

JennyWilliams_642, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Super slow after official windows update every time since March, SOLVED FOR ME!

1. Super slow after official windows update every time since March, SOLVED FOR ME! - Similar Threads - Super slow official

2. windows 11 super super slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 super super slow: I just bought a brand new PC.. I9 5.2 16 core / 32 gb ddr5 6000mhz / rtx3080 and its is slower than a rock on flat land. i don't understand this. this thing should be a beast. A beast that eats beasts. Why is this thing slower than my I7 with ddr4 2333 mhz?? i cant even...
  3. windows 11 super super slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 super super slow: I just bought a brand new PC.. I9 5.2 16 core / 32 gb ddr5 6000mhz / rtx3080 and its is slower than a rock on flat land. i don't understand this. this thing should be a beast. A beast that eats beasts. Why is this thing slower than my I7 with ddr4 2333 mhz?? i cant even...
  4. Windows Update Slowed Down Official Apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Slowed Down Official Apps: The internet is fine one all other apps other than the official apps teams, OneNote etc.. After an update the computer significantly slowed down These things happend: -Icons on main page slowed when loading. -Unable to connect to servers especially the ones containing...
  5. Computer going super slow since last upgrade

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer going super slow since last upgrade: Wondering if this has something to do with flash being discontinued. submitted by /u/AdeptBerry [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jv9yzn/computer_going_super_slow_since_last_upgrade/
  6. Sound is super slow after sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound is super slow after sleep: Running latest Win 10, using a MOTU M2 audio interface. Installed latest drivers for that and my Nvidia 1080 and everything else I could figure out. When my computer wakes from sleep - audio just either doesn't work or it is super-slow motion sounding. I've tried the...
  7. Log on super slow after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log on super slow after update: My HP laptop automatically updated to the latest version of windows 10 this afternoon and now when in trying to log on, it's stuck on the Welcome loading screen. It's been trying to log on for a while now. The first attempt was about 45 minutes, and I had to restart it...
  8. GMail SUPER SLOW since a week

in Browsers and Email
    GMail SUPER SLOW since a week: Hi, first off, my PC is 9th gen, with 64GB of DDR-4 RAM. Latest Win 10. Not sure why but my gmail is becoming unusable... been like that for about a week now and I don't know what is causing it. I'll try to apply a label - I'll click the label button and will take over 10...
  9. GMail SUPER SLOW since a week

in Windows 10 Support
    GMail SUPER SLOW since a week: Hi, first off, my PC is 9th gen, with 64GB of DDR-4 RAM. Latest Win 10. Not sure why but my gmail is becoming unusable... been like that for about a week now and I don't know what is causing it. I'll try to apply a label - I'll click the label button and will take over 10...
  10. Super slow boot time and unrecognized HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Super slow boot time and unrecognized HDD: So for about maybe 1 year maybe more my computer does this very random and very annoying thing where one of my HDD's does not show up in the bios and if I try to just boot in to windows it can take upwards of 5 minutes for it to finally bring me to login screen (I get stuck...