Windows 10: super slow and had 4 virus-malware in hundreds

Discus and support super slow and had 4 virus-malware in hundreds in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; its asus note book pc Q504U stock with 1tb drive boot time maybe 10 minutes. ran sfc scannow and it passed ok. ran dism restore health, recheck sfc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Apr 8, 2019.

1. super slow and had 4 virus-malware in hundreds

its asus note book pc Q504U stock with 1tb drive
    boot time maybe 10 minutes.
    ran sfc scannow and it passed ok.
    ran dism restore health, recheck sfc scan now and it passed.
    upgraded to win 10 1803 to 1809 which took 6 hours and it succeeded, win 10 defender said no malware.
    Ran malware bytes and found 208 removed ok.
    Ran Hitman Pro and it found 4 virus and loads of pup, quarantined all.

so far not much has helped with performance, but getting rid of the malware sped it up a little, now 10 mins to boot to working desktop. Loading Chrome takes 4 minutes, then a minute to load a web page. Clicking windows menu at first load takes several minutes to see anything. it was never this slow except for last 6 months. this has basically become almost unusable. So what can we do?

:)

sdowney717, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Mel Tar Win User

Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

super slow and had 4 virus-malware in hundreds

Is it a Virus or a Malware or something else?

Hello Joes,

There's a possibility that your device is infected with a malware causing why you're unable to delete the game on your laptop. In order for us to assist you better, we'd like to ask the following:

• Aside from formatting the hard drive, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you asked your friend where did he download the games?

To identify if your computer is infected with a virus or malware, we recommend downloading and running
    Microsoft Safety Scanner. The scanner can easily detect if there's any virus found on your device. To do so, follow the steps on this
    link.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

super slow and had 4 virus-malware in hundreds

1. super slow and had 4 virus-malware in hundreds - Similar Threads - super slow virus

2. Virus and Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and Malware: Recently a threat was detected in my SurfaceGo Windows 11 but I am unable to take any action.It says "you will need a new app to open this windows defender link" but i am not getting any such app on the app store. Whats the remedy for it ?I am not getting any support from...
  3. windows 11 super super slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 super super slow: I just bought a brand new PC.. I9 5.2 16 core / 32 gb ddr5 6000mhz / rtx3080 and its is slower than a rock on flat land. i don't understand this. this thing should be a beast. A beast that eats beasts. Why is this thing slower than my I7 with ddr4 2333 mhz?? i cant even...
  4. windows 11 super super slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 super super slow: I just bought a brand new PC.. I9 5.2 16 core / 32 gb ddr5 6000mhz / rtx3080 and its is slower than a rock on flat land. i don't understand this. this thing should be a beast. A beast that eats beasts. Why is this thing slower than my I7 with ddr4 2333 mhz?? i cant even...
  5. Super slow computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Super slow computer: My friends computer suddenly runs super slow after starting up it today. Yesterday it was no problem but suddenly today it took ages just for him to start up the computer. What could be the problem?...
  6. Virus and Malware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virus and Malware: Questions about windows update. Just wondering, if I had a problem like virius I was not aware of would updates fix it, or would I be notified of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-and-malware/77dbd6f1-f70e-462f-9861-4934fe968b68
  7. Virus and Malware

Virus and Malware: My computer has been infected by a virus and encrypted all my drives. All my documents have a .peet extension and I can not open them. Any help on how on the decryption of the corrupted files?...
  8. super slow and had 4 virus-malware in hundreds

super slow and had 4 virus-malware in hundreds: its asus note book pc Q504U stock with 1tb drive with 850 gb free space, has 12gb ram core I5 cpu. boot time maybe 10 minutes. ran sfc scannow and it passed ok. ran dism restore health, recheck sfc scan now and it passed. upgraded to win 10 1803 to 1809 which took 6 hours...
  9. Virus / Malware

in Windows 10 Support
    Virus / Malware: - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit About two weeks ago, I would get periodic popups in the form of a new tab in Edge. On the new tab, it said: “Congratulations User! You have been selected today to receive a FREE iPhone X, PlayStation 4 or Samsung Galaxy S6! Please click OK to claim...
  10. Malware or Virus?

Malware or Virus?: I usually use downmagz.com to download magazines. Today, I went to there to get some mags and when I went to the download page I got a popup that said CableONE has blocked the website. Clicked OK and then a page came up with a blue screen and another popup. There was also a...