Windows 10: Super slow download from ms store

Discus and support Super slow download from ms store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello, i have been trying to download the windows 10 movie maker app from the ms store, the download speed is like an old dial up connection, getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by milleradam37, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Super slow download from ms store

hello,

i have been trying to download the windows 10 movie maker app from the ms store, the download speed is like an old dial up connection, getting only 120-180kbs! how is this possible? i turned the advanced options slider in delivery optimization all the way up to 100%, it briefly increased to 258kbs, but within seconds dropped back to 180kbs. why is this so slow? i can stream videos, download large files, i can upload 100 times faster than i can download from your store. is there some secret setting?

:)

milleradam37, Mar 26, 2020

2. Downloading is Slow from Store.

Hi Mihir,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

From the description, I understand that Windows store downloads slowly.

Step 1:

I suggest you to clear Windows Store cache and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe on Run window and press enter.
    • Check if issue persists.

You may try the following steps and check:

Step 2:

Try to run the sfc scan and check if the Windows store downloads faster:

Run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption.
    SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

• Press Windows key + X, click
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

sfc /scannow
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 26, 2020
  3. super slow

Hi Mehedy,

PC performance might slow down due to a possible corrupted system file, high CPU, memory, or disk usage, hardware failures or software conflicts. For us to narrow down the issue, kindly answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • Have you made any recent hardware or software changes prior to this issue?
    • On which activity does your PC slows down?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the given methods on this article:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Mar 26, 2020
  4. dnroerig Win User

Super slow download from ms store

Super super super slow running Windows 10

I have a Samsung touch screen computer. I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of months ago. I have Norton antivirus. A couple of weeks ago my computer started to run slow. I did a "go back to a known good date" reset. worked for a while. then started to slow
    down. Now it takes over an hour from turning on computer to get to google web page. It works, but is super super slow. Do you have a suggestion to try so I dont lose my saved data. I have only got on set up (F8) once on many attempts. Thank you for any help.

dnroerig, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Super slow download from ms store

1. Super slow download from ms store - Similar Threads - Super slow download

2. Pc super slow when downloading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc super slow when downloading: As per the title would suggest, when I try to download ANYTHING , or at least big enough to not be downloaded in less than 10 sec, my pc slow down a lot. For exemple, when I try to download something I see I'm downloading normally with maybe 50Mb/s of download, then it...
  3. Pc super slow when downloading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc super slow when downloading: As per the title would suggest, when I try to download ANYTHING , or at least big enough to not be downloaded in less than 10 sec, my pc slow down a lot. For exemple, when I try to download something I see I'm downloading normally with maybe 50Mb/s of download, then it...
  4. Unable to download from MS Store

Unable to download from MS Store: The "easier" MS tries to make things, they harder they become:I get a pop up window that just spirals then says:Something went wrongPlease try again later0x800488fcFrom what I can gather this is because I can't sign into my Xbox account. I don't have one, nor want yet another...
  5. Unable to download from MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download from MS Store: The "easier" MS tries to make things, they harder they become:I get a pop up window that just spirals then says:Something went wrongPlease try again later0x800488fcFrom what I can gather this is because I can't sign into my Xbox account. I don't have one, nor want yet another...
  6. Downloads super slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloads super slow: I have recently stopped connecting my ethernet cable to my Wi-Fi range extender but I have started plugging my ethernet cable into my Wi-Fi modem directly. It made my ping in game a lot lower. But it never fixed how my computer still download files in KB/s and is still very...
  7. Downloads super slow

Downloads super slow: I have recently stopped connecting my ethernet cable to my Wi-Fi range extender but I have started plugging my ethernet cable into my Wi-Fi modem directly. It made my ping in game a lot lower. But it never fixed how my computer still download files in KB/s and is still very...
  8. MS Store extremely slow to download updates

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store extremely slow to download updates: My internet connection is pretty fast, downloading a 500MB file from MS takes about 10seconds.However updated through the MS store are slow.After about 6 hours the store has downloaded 670kb...
  9. Super slow download speeds Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Super slow download speeds Windows 10: I recently download windows 10, and when I tried to download some files from google, it was downloading at 10 kbps! Before I had windows 10, on windows 7, my download speed was about 50 mbps! I don't know what happened, but Windows 10 completely destroyed my download speeds....
  10. Browser downloads over WiFi are super slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser downloads over WiFi are super slow: I have a PC with Windows 10 Build 10586, upgraded from 8.1. WiFi downloads are very slow on it for some reason. SpeedTest.net shows 15 MBPS, but while download a simple 5 MB image file via Chrome takes 45 minutes. Max download speed is 15 KB/s. But when I keep...