Windows 10: Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen

Discus and support Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm curious to know if anyone has seen something like this, and even more interested in any known solutions. I have a group tile for Microsoft Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hsehestedt, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen

I'm curious to know if anyone has seen something like this, and even more interested in any known solutions.

I have a group tile for Microsoft Office Web Apps. The icons on that tile are super tiny. Likewise when I open that group, the icon on each individual tile in minuscule. Note that this problem occurs nowhere else - just in this group of Office tiles.

Here is what the group looks like collapsed:

Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen [​IMG]

Here is what it looks like expanded:

:)

hsehestedt, Jan 23, 2020
  2. adambravo Win User

Tiny icons in Start screen tiles

I was trying to figure out why the Start screen looked odd--and then I noticed the app icons in the tiles are about 1/3 the size they were in Windows 8, so you've got (for example), a tiny W for Word in Windows 10 vs a more visible W in Windows 8.1. Only appears to apply to desktop apps, not store apps (e.g., Google, Adobe Reader Touch). Anyone else notice this?

adambravo, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Tiny icons in Start screen tiles

Yep, they're working on it. The icons were larger but very fuzzy in 10.0.122 (or 10.0.074) so they reverted to being clear and tiny in 10.0.130

Slartybart, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Hellopaul Win User

Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen

Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu

Hello,

Here is my start menu:

I cannot find how to make the icons for apps larger. For no apparent reason, the Opera Browser icon (the actual icon, not the blue tile) is larger than, say, the Adobe apps. And the 'Live Tile' icons are lovely and fill the tile.

Is there any way to control the size of the icon within the tile? It seems silly to have great big blue tiles, with a tiny little icon sitting in the middle of each one. I've searched around, but can only find information on how to alter the size of the whole tile, not the icon within it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

~ Paul

Hellopaul, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen

1. Super tiny icons within tiles on Start screen - Similar Threads - Super tiny icons

2. Desktop icon, favorites bar, outlook & tab font is SUPER SUPER tiny

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon, favorites bar, outlook & tab font is SUPER SUPER tiny: I've seen this question all over the place - nobody answers it successfully.I got the Microsoft "blue screen/sad face" and when I logged in again the font was SUPER, SUPER TINY.I was able to "fix" the font on various websites using the "scale" and "text size" slider bar but...
  3. Desktop icon, favorites bar, outlook & tab font is SUPER SUPER tiny

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon, favorites bar, outlook & tab font is SUPER SUPER tiny: I've seen this question all over the place - nobody answers it successfully.I got the Microsoft "blue screen/sad face" and when I logged in again the font was SUPER, SUPER TINY.I was able to "fix" the font on various websites using the "scale" and "text size" slider bar but...
  4. Icons on start menu are tiny

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons on start menu are tiny: [ATTACH] You can see the start menu icons are small on the taskbar they are oversized any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-start-menu-are-tiny/4e90f316-cb46-4bfb-8d3d-e09c9855501b
  5. How to Make Icons Within Windows 10 Start Tiles Fit Full Tile

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Make Icons Within Windows 10 Start Tiles Fit Full Tile: I have a Lenovo Ideapad S340 with Microsoft programs and Windows 10. My question is how can I make the icons contained with the Start menu Tiles larger to fit the full tiles? Currently only a few apps fit the screen, while the majority appear smaller within the tile. From...
  6. Tiles on Start screen

Tiles on Start screen: The tiles in the Start screen have gone from clean, efficient layout to all over the place and I don't know why. How can I get them back to display in an orderly fashion? Everything that I tried fails to solve the issue. HELP, please & thank you JC...
  7. start screen (with tiles on it)

start screen (with tiles on it): My start screen has all my tiles on it and the back ground will change colors but when I open it to full screen view the back ground goes black. I have toggled tablet mode on and off and I have change from picture to slide show and I have enlarged the tiles but to no avail...
  8. Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu: Hello, Here is my start menu: [img] I cannot find how to make the icons for apps larger. For no apparent reason, the Opera Browser icon (the actual icon, not the blue tile) is larger than, say, the Adobe apps. And the 'Live Tile' icons are lovely and fill the tile. Is...
  9. Lost stuff to virus, nowfonts/icons super tiny!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost stuff to virus, nowfonts/icons super tiny!!!: Lost most of computer by virus, now “Desktop” is empty... Hello, content of my Desktop is gone by a virus, together with other files and programs. But now I need it to get to "Display" so I can enlarge my extremely tiny text and icons that even with a magnifying glass I...
  10. Tiny icons in Start screen tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Tiny icons in Start screen tiles: I was trying to figure out why the Start screen looked odd--and then I noticed the app icons in the tiles are about 1/3 the size they were in Windows 8, so you've got (for example), a tiny W for Word in Windows 10 vs a more visible W in Windows 8.1. Only appears to apply to...