Windows 10: Superfetch disable

Discus and support Superfetch disable in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; In Windows 10, v1809 Superfetch is no longer listed as a service. How can it be disabled - perhaps via the registry? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by borate, Jan 2, 2019.

1. borate Win User

Superfetch disable

In Windows 10, v1809 Superfetch is no longer listed as a service.

How can it be disabled - perhaps via the registry?

Thanks.

:)

borate, Jan 2, 2019

2. Disable Superfetch permanently

Hi,

Certain programs can be disabled as long as it is on the services list. To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• Is Superfetch available on the list of services for your Windows 10 device?
    • Is high CPU usage for Superfetch showing even before?
    • If no, when did the issue start to occur?

Regards.

Arthur Rui, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Disable Superfetch permanently

Hi Arthur,

Please find my response inline below -

• Is Superfetch available on the list of services for your Windows 10 device? -
      Yes, we had disabled the superfetch service on golden image. Also edited the EnableSuperFetcher to 0 (HKLM \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Session Manager \ Memory Management \)
    • Is high CPU usage for Superfetch showing even before?- We run performance workload and CPU spiked to 100% after completion of workload. Looking at task manager we noticed "Service Host: Local System (Network Restricted) (8)" was consuming
      highest CPU.

• If no, when did the issue start to occur?

All windows vms are hosted on shared SSD datastore. After taking reference from multiple online sites, for better performance optimization we want to disable Superfetch for all windows machine.

Disable Superfetch & Prefetch for SSD in Windows 10/8/7

Expected Behavior:

Our tests runs on scale of 70-80 vms, hence we want to disable superfetch on Golden desktop and after cloning the same setting should be applied on all newly created vms.

Actual Behavior:

After cloning new vms with sysprep , the superfetch property gets reset on newly created vms. The superfetch is enabled and regedit value is reset to 3.

We are using WIndows 10 version 1703.

Please let us know how best we can achieve it.

Thanks,

Anuradha

Anuradha Prasad (anuradhap), Jan 2, 2019
  4. Romel Ram Win User

Superfetch disable

Superfetch

Hi Mikey,

We understand that you're trying to disable the Superfetch and other services permanently. You can follow the steps below as your reference:

1. Hold the Windows key, while pressing “R” to bring up the Run dialog box.

2. Type “services.msc“, then press “Enter“.

3. The Services window displays. Find “Superfetch” in the list.

4. Right-click “Superfetch“, then select “Properties“.

5. Select the “Stop” button if you wish to stop the service.

Feel free to post again if you have other concerns.

Romel Ram, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Superfetch disable

1. Superfetch disable - Similar Threads - Superfetch disable

2. Disabled SuperFetch but system is so slow now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled SuperFetch but system is so slow now: Good day, I received a system that ran very slow in Windows 7 because of svchost. exe eating all my available memory. Upon disabling superfetch, the memory hog cleared however the system is just so slow now and doing basic tasks takes forever. I ran a bad sector test on the...
  3. Disabled SuperFetch but system is so slow now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled SuperFetch but system is so slow now: Good day, I received a system that ran very slow in Windows 7 because of svchost. exe eating all my available memory. Upon disabling superfetch, the memory hog cleared however the system is just so slow now and doing basic tasks takes forever. I ran a bad sector test on the...
  4. Making a program cold run by disabling Superfetch and Intel Optane

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Making a program cold run by disabling Superfetch and Intel Optane: The first time I open a program on windows it is slow to load then if I close it and open it again, it's fast to load. This suggests that windows is caching the frequently and recently used programs in advance to make it faster to load and run. The first run is called a cold...
  5. Sysmain / superfetch disabled not working ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sysmain / superfetch disabled not working ?: I have 8 GB Ram and windows 10 pro 64 bit , i have disabled ram cache by disabled sysmain service and set starup to disabled , also disable it in registery files - memory managment - superfetch = 0. even after disabling it when i run windows in beginning ram usage is always...
  6. Is it better to dedicate to readyboost a 32gb sandisk or disable sysmain(superfetch) ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it better to dedicate to readyboost a 32gb sandisk or disable sysmain(superfetch) ?: Your posts must contain a body so here you go. submitted by /u/ACTIONIFY [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gtugx8/is_it_better_to_dedicate_to_readyboost_a_32gb/
  7. Superfetch Service -Disable helps to increase speed pc?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Superfetch Service -Disable helps to increase speed pc?: How much speed gets increased if I disable the Superfetch service from services? does it impact negative on performance? I heard lot about increasing speed but ensure about negative impact. Kindly assist....
  8. Superfetch disable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Superfetch disable: In Windows 10, v1809 Superfetch is no longer listed as a service. How can it be disabled - perhaps via the registry? Thanks. 124580
  9. Disabling Superfetch in services when using an SSD a good idea?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling Superfetch in services when using an SSD a good idea?: Is disabling Superfetch in services on my computer with an SSD a good idea according to this article? This is how SSDs work and what you can do to make yours last longer. Do this to increase your SSD's lifespan! - CNET --- The article stresses it's a good idea to minimize...
  10. Enable or Disable SuperFetch in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable SuperFetch in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable SuperFetch in Windows How to Enable or Disable SuperFetch in Windows SuperFetch (aka: Memory Prefetcher) is a service that was introduced with Vista. SuperFetch is an enhancement of the Prefetcher from previous versions of Windows. The...