Windows 10: Superfetch on SSD

Discus and support Superfetch on SSD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I bought a Samsung SSD, should I disable superfetch now ? 51436 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Edward, May 25, 2016.

1. Edward Win User

Superfetch on SSD

I bought a Samsung SSD, should I disable superfetch now ?

:)

Edward, May 25, 2016
  2. IT_hoser Win User

How To Optimize Windows 10 Settings For SSD Drive Performance?

I just upgraded to Win10 from Win8.1

One of the suggestions for SSD optimization I had read was to disable the SuperFetch Service. On my machine (laptop with only one drive which is an SSD) SuperFetch was enabled by default.

any comments on pros/cons of disabling the superfetch service?

IT_hoser, May 25, 2016
  3. A123 Win User
    Should Superfetch and Prefetch be disabled in Windows 10 Pro?

Should SuperFetch and Prefetch be disabled in the latest Windows 10 Pro that protects against Meltdown? I checked services and SuperFetch is running. I do not know if Prefetch is running, but my guess is that Prefetch is running. The pc is running with
    Windows 10 Pro on a fast SATA ssd. A hdd contains user data. Does the mix of a ssd with a hdd require SuperFetch and Prefetch for the latest Windows 10 Pro update that protects against Meltdown?

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings**

4. Cliff S New Member

Superfetch on SSD

Not at all.

Cliff S, May 25, 2016
  5. msny Win User
    After you install use the Samsung Magician software to configure your performance settings.
    I strongly urge you get the manual for this as there is a lot of good info for setup.

Do NOT disable any windows 10 settings, they are by default already optimized for SSD's.
    I've had my drive for awhile, any questions let me know I'll try to help.

msny, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Superfetch on SSD

1. Superfetch on SSD - Similar Threads - Superfetch SSD

2. Disabled SuperFetch but system is so slow now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled SuperFetch but system is so slow now: Good day, I received a system that ran very slow in Windows 7 because of svchost. exe eating all my available memory. Upon disabling superfetch, the memory hog cleared however the system is just so slow now and doing basic tasks takes forever. I ran a bad sector test on the...
  3. Disabled SuperFetch but system is so slow now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled SuperFetch but system is so slow now: Good day, I received a system that ran very slow in Windows 7 because of svchost. exe eating all my available memory. Upon disabling superfetch, the memory hog cleared however the system is just so slow now and doing basic tasks takes forever. I ran a bad sector test on the...
  4. Superfetch service is not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Superfetch service is not running: Superfetch service is not running on server.it give me following error:But on RDP Server is running fine. Is this service relatable to any RDP Service? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/superfetch-service-is-not-running/87ca5266-d9d9-46b4-9e27-f30292e7970d
  5. Superfetch service is not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Superfetch service is not running: Superfetch service is not running on server.it give me following error:But on RDP Server is running fine. Is this service relatable to any RDP Service? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/superfetch-service-is-not-running/87ca5266-d9d9-46b4-9e27-f30292e7970d
  6. Windows 10 Prefetch / SuperFetch is used, although an ssd is used.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Prefetch / SuperFetch is used, although an ssd is used.: Hello everybody, shouldn't Windows automatically disable Prefetch and SuperFetch when using an SSD? Although the SSD is the only drive, the registry key "EnablePrefetcher" has the value 3, the service "Sysmain" is started automatically and the folder "C:\Windows\Prefetch" is...
  7. Disabling Superfetch in services when using an SSD a good idea?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling Superfetch in services when using an SSD a good idea?: Is disabling Superfetch in services on my computer with an SSD a good idea according to this article? This is how SSDs work and what you can do to make yours last longer. Do this to increase your SSD's lifespan! - CNET --- The article stresses it's a good idea to minimize...
  8. Windows Superfetch on SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Superfetch on SSD: After update my W10 from Anniversary to Creators, windows enabled Superfetch to automatic. I always had Superfech disable on my Samsung SSD. Should i disable it, or let windows manage my SSD? Thanks. 81051
  9. have you disable Superfetch on your ssd installation?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    have you disable Superfetch on your ssd installation?: Hi have you disabled Superfetch ? disabling the service Superfetch and regedit Code: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters[/quote] EnablePrefetcher=0 thanks 10603
  10. Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Superfetch and SSD's in Threshold 2: Threshold 2 has re-enabled superfetch on my PC (only SSD's on my system). I have waited over a week, run Winsat formal, etc. but superfetch remains on. Has anyone experienced this? Before I manually disable the service I would welcome any suggestions etc. PS: the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung ssd disable superfetch

2. superfetch windows 10