Windows 10: Superfluous input method in language bar

Discus and support Superfluous input method in language bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I've just installed Windows 10 May 2019 Update and encountered the following problem: 3 languages are displayed in the language bar instead of 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dmitry Chirkov, May 23, 2019.

1. Superfluous input method in language bar

Hello! I've just installed Windows 10 May 2019 Update and encountered the following problem: 3 languages are displayed in the language bar instead of 2 (see the picture below - United Kingdom keyboard is unnecessary). On the other hand I see only 2 languages in the "Language" menu in Settings (see the picture below). How could I fix the problem? Thank you!

Superfluous input method in language bar [​IMG]

Superfluous input method in language bar a0341aba-4f37-4e67-8fef-4932a96fd964?upload=true.png

:)

Dmitry Chirkov, May 23, 2019
  2. ARC1020 Win User

Can I have a different default input method from the display language

My knowledge of setting it up for Chinese language is limited as I have only done it with European languages. However I don't think it will be much different to European Language (assuming you use standard Roman alphabet keys on a QWERTY keyboard?), where you can add different languages and different keyboards (input) for those languages, depending on what keyboard you're physically typing on.

The settings are in Start > Settings > Time & Language > Region & Language, as follows:

You will find apps such as the Windows 10 Mail app will spell check what you're typing in the language you have set in the Task Bar. So if the 'Input Indicator' in the Task Bar is set to 'ENG' it will spell check/word suggest in English. If it's set to 'GER' is will spell check/word suggest in German.

ARC1020, May 23, 2019
  3. pierxiu Win User
    Can I have a different default input method from the display language

I am sorry for my late reply. First thank you for your detail explanation. I have managed to follow the instructions but what I really want is to have a English system but with Chinese Input as default input method. Right now I have to use CTRL+SPACE on each startup. It is not difficult but in long run it does create a little bit inconvenience.

In Windows 7 the input method and system language are separated and I would like to know if I can have similar behavior in Windows 10.

Thank you.

pierxiu, May 23, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Superfluous input method in language bar

Removing English UK Language from task bar and as keyboard input method

Hi Suzy,

Open Control Panel - Language

On the right of your current language setup, click Options

Is UK English listed in the list of input methods

If so, click Delete . . .

DaveM121, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Superfluous input method in language bar

1. Superfluous input method in language bar - Similar Threads - Superfluous input method

2. Unwanted Input language in language bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted Input language in language bar: So I noticed that, when I open that small keyboard bar in the right bottom corner, I have 2 input languages shown, which I haven't added. Now, I know how to remove them, but the problem is here:1. These 2 languages are shown in that small keyboard layout boxSo CroatianBosnia...
  3. Unwanted Input language in language bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Input language in language bar: So I noticed that, when I open that small keyboard bar in the right bottom corner, I have 2 input languages shown, which I haven't added. Now, I know how to remove them, but the problem is here:1. These 2 languages are shown in that small keyboard layout boxSo CroatianBosnia...
  4. Language input methods that dont appear in the settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language input methods that dont appear in the settings.: There are these two input methods that I can't find in the settings the two unknown locale ones, is there any way to remove them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-input-methods-that-dont-appear-in-the/0a6781a4-3f32-4bae-93d9-85667b994494
  5. To remove unwanted language input methods.

To remove unwanted language input methods.: Hi all, I have a Windows 10 Home, version 20H2. I've seen similar problems on the posts that posted 2 years ago on older version of Windows 10. There's still nothing I can do to remove the extra input languages. My question is how to remove those extra input methods?...
  6. None of my languages have language packs, no other input methods

None of my languages have language packs, no other input methods: I am trying to install Chinese handwriting input. Other keyboards work, but I want handwriting. I researched and have found this is a major issue with no resolution that works for me. In fact none of my languages have any language packs, only "display language." [ATTACH]...
  7. Problem with language bar and input method

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with language bar and input method: Hi everyone, I have a little problem that is driving me nut, and I have no idea where to search to find solutions about it. First here is my "winver" window: [ATTACH] When I do Windows key + Space key, I got this menu that shows up: [ATTACH] As you probably know, that's...
  8. input method

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    input method: I want to input method for keyboard in devlys010 font for hindi in main languge of windows default language. But here hindi language available but it don't take devlys010 font as input method but in Microsoft office it take it because there I have option available Thanks...
  9. Remove input method without removing language?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove input method without removing language?: I have an Italian installation of Windows 10 Pro 1511, and I also have the Japanese IME and, thus, Japanese language installed in the control panel, BUT I needed to install English (UK) too, because all the Store apps that didn't support Italian used Japanese instead of...
  10. Phantom language input methods cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    Phantom language input methods cannot be deleted: At one point I added a Greek polytonic keyboard method but had deleted it long ago. However it still shows up at lower right corner and can be switched into. I tried time and language setting and control pannel change language preference menu but Greek does not show up in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows, delete input method in language bar