Windows 10: Supervisor Privilege

Discus and support Supervisor Privilege in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I haven't been able to play a couple games on widows 10 because it keeps saying I need "Supervisor Privilege's" and I am on a home computer. sole user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Robert Epp, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Supervisor Privilege

I haven't been able to play a couple games on widows 10 because it keeps saying I need "Supervisor Privilege's" and I am on a home computer. sole user

and my user account is that of a Supervisor. So why is this, seems Microsoft would have fixed this issue yrs ago. ???????????????

:)

Robert Epp, Mar 27, 2021

2. Scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges can't access stored Windows credentials

It seems that after Creators update scheduled tasks run with elevated privileges ('run with highest privileges' option) can't access stored Windows credentials. Is that a bug or an intentional change and is there a recommended workaround?

Here's one way to reproduce the behaviour:

• Start Credential Manger and add some Windows share credentials.
    • In a console window type 'cmdkey /list', which should list the added credentials
    • Create a task in a task manager:
      • Trigger: on user logon
      • Action: run cmd.exe
      • Tick the 'run with highest privileges' option
    • Reboot the machine and log in
    • In the console window (let's call it 'console 1') opened from the scheduled task type 'cmdkey /list'. This most likely won't display the credentials added in step 1 and properly listed in step 2. ->
      This looks like a bug
    • Now, without closing 'console 1' open another console window as an administrator (let's call it 'console 2') and type 'cmdkey /list'. This will properly list credentials added in step 1.
    • Switch to 'console 1' and type 'cmdkey /list' again. This time the credentials are listed properly, unlike in step 5. It looks like an access to Windows credentials was somehow 'unlocked' by step 6.

MarcinMrowiec, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Error: "You need administrator privileges to make the changes" on Windows 10

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about administrator privileges to your user account. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly have you tried to change the user account to administrator?
    • Have you logged in as an administrator using Microsoft account on your device?
    • Have you enabled Built-in administrator account?

Try the below steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

I suggest you to check the user account and their types on your device.

• Press Windows + R key together on your desktop screen.
    • Type netplwiz and hit
      Enter.
    • Check if there are any other user accounts on your device as an administrator.

Step 1: If you have an account with administrative privileges login through that account and try the following steps to change the user account type:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type netplwiz and click on Ok.
    • Click on the Users tab.
    • Under Users of this computer: select the account you want to change.
    • Click on Properties button.
    • Select Group Membership tab and select the type of user account.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.

Step 2: If you are a local user, I suggest you to convert the local account to Microsoft account and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Make sure you are device is connected to internet.
    • Click Start and then Settings.
    • Click Accounts and click on
      Sign in with a Microsoft account instead
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Supervisor Privilege

Admistrator Privileges

Hi Daniel,

If you suddenly receive a message asking you to sign in to an administrator account, there may be updates available for the affected games that require administrator privileges. For us to have a better overview of your concern, kindly answer the following
    questions:

• What are the games affected?
    • Have you tried launching other games or applications to check if the same issue occurs?
    • Are you using a local account or a Microsoft account?

Let's verify the type of user account that you're using. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows + X keys.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts.
    • Check if you can see Administrator under your account name.

Catherine Cus., Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

Supervisor Privilege

1. Supervisor Privilege - Similar Threads - Supervisor Privilege

2. Supervisor for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Supervisor for Windows 11: Hello All, I need your help. I have tried unsuccessfully to resolve issues caused by different Microsoft Support Agents on a brand-new Custom Desktop running Windows 11 Home. I have used Microsoft “Office” since it was released in 1994/5 and had a Subscription to Microsoft...
  3. Supervisor for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Supervisor for Windows 11: Hello All, I need your help. I have tried unsuccessfully to resolve issues caused by different Microsoft Support Agents on a brand-new Custom Desktop running Windows 11 Home. I have used Microsoft “Office” since it was released in 1994/5 and had a Subscription to Microsoft...
  4. there are no support supervisors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    there are no support supervisors.: How do you contact the support supervisor/manager when the support employees that answer the phone or live chat refuse to connect you or the supervisor is refusing to take the call despite you having a legitimate problem? Every time I ask to be connected to a supervisor they...
  5. there are no support supervisors.

there are no support supervisors.: How do you contact the support supervisor/manager when the support employees that answer the phone or live chat refuse to connect you or the supervisor is refusing to take the call despite you having a legitimate problem? Every time I ask to be connected to a supervisor they...
  6. How can I reach the supervisor of microsoft and what is his name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I reach the supervisor of microsoft and what is his name?: How can I reach the supervisor of microsoft and what is his name? Can you provide me a telephone number and an email address for him? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reach-the-supervisor-of-microsoft-and/8ab84750-ba80-4cd6-ab9f-75d36998f618
  7. How can I reach the supervisor of microsoft and what is his name?

How can I reach the supervisor of microsoft and what is his name?: How can I reach the supervisor of microsoft and what is his name? Can you provide me a telephone number and an email address for him? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-reach-the-supervisor-of-microsoft-and/8ab84750-ba80-4cd6-ab9f-75d36998f618
  8. MSI model MS-AF11 supervisor password enabled,how to recover??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MSI model MS-AF11 supervisor password enabled,how to recover??: Please, help about my MSI windtop all in one pc model MS-AF21. supervisor password enabled then fatal error message on it..how is the best thing to do?...
  9. How do I speak to a supervisor???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I speak to a supervisor???: I was trying to update my windows and it wouldn’t let me so I called technical support. Talked to 6 different people and the 6th one decided they were going to reinstall windows completely. I backed up my files and they started the reinstall. My computer went blank and I...
  10. Forgotten supervisor password. How do I recover?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forgotten supervisor password. How do I recover?: I set it up last week and whatever I remember isn't working. How do I remove or reset the password? submitted by /u/ProteinnSynthesis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffa25p/forgotten_supervisor_password_how_do_i_recover/