Windows 10: Support for the old Samsung multifunction printer?

Discus and support Support for the old Samsung multifunction printer? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello everyone, This is my first post here, so I will try to do my best to explain what I need. A couple of days ago, I've upgraded my relatively new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by NikolaKomatovic, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Support for the old Samsung multifunction printer?

Hello everyone, This is my first post here, so I will try to do my best to explain what I need. A couple of days ago, I've upgraded my relatively new PC to Windows 11. Everything went relatively okay and fast, until the moment when I realized that my old Samsung SCX-4200 Laser Multifunction Printer does not work. I have installed Samsung Universal Driver, offered back in 2019, that was compatible with Windows 10, but to no avail neither printer nor scanner did work. I had to revert the upgrade, and back on Windows 10, it works fine.Did anyone have the similar issue?

:)

NikolaKomatovic, Oct 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 can't install Samsung SCX-4100 Series Multifunction Printer softwar to scan.

I have a Samsung SCX-4100 Series Multifunction Printer, once I cable connected it to my Windows 10 computer, it can print. But windows 10 can't install
    Samsung SCX-4100 Series software.

My questions are

1. How I can install this old Software to my Windows 10 Computer?

2. If this software is too old to install, where I can download a new version so that I could continue using this Samsung SCX-4100 Series Multifunction Printer to scan.

Kwok Ping Tong, Oct 20, 2021
  3. LemP Win User
    Samsung SCX-2405W printer won't printer from computer

The most likely reason is that your printer is "connected" to your computer via wi-fi and your router has assigned a new IP address to the computer. First, however, rule out a general printer failure by printing some test report using the printer's front
    panel controls. See your User Guide for details.

By default, wireless printers are configured to obtain an IP address automatically from your router. The problem is that the Windows printing system very rarely is capable of determining if a printer's IP address has changed after installation. This
    results in print jobs continuing to be sent to the old IP address and because there is no longer a printer at that address, the print jobs just disappear.

Diagnose as follows.

A. Determine the IP address that is configured in Windows

1. Go to Devices and Printers, right-click on the icon for your printer, and select "Printer properties"
    2. On the "Ports" tab, look at the line that is checked and highlighted for the IP address; you probably will have to click and drag on the faint vertical line in the header row between "Port" and "Description" in order to see the entire IP address.
    3. Cancel out of Printer properties at this point

B. Determine the IP address that is configured on the printer

1. Do this using the printer's front panel controls.
    2. For the SCX-340xW series

Support for the old Samsung multifunction printer? 7defbc30-bc61-43af-b696-a56389cb089b?upload=true.png

If the IP address reported on the printer's network configuration page is not the same as the IP address shown in the "Printer properties" dialog on your computer, follow the directions below. Otherwise, Reply here for more help. Include the IP address
    information from both sources in your Reply.

I couldn't find any reference to a Samsung SCX-2405W printer. Do you perhaps have an SCX-3405W? See

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/samsung-scx-3405-laser-multifunction-printer-series/17157049/how-to

Because you have an All-in-One device, it may be simplest to uninstall and reinstall the printer in order to be sure that both the printing and scanning functions will work. See

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/samsung-scx-3405-laser-multifunction-printer-series/17157049/document/c05578283

If your scanner still works, however, you can shorten the procedure:

1. Go to Devices and Printers, right-click on the printer's icon, and "Remove device"
    2. Click the link at the top of the Devices and Printers window to "Add a printer"
    3. Click "Add a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer," wait until your wireless printer is detected, and complete the wizard.

4. RickC Win User

Support for the old Samsung multifunction printer?

difficulty printing to samsung scx-5935fn printer

More info needed:
    1. What printer driver setup are you using on the PC which does print successfully to it? For example, did you use the OEM installer CD or download a driver or use the Samsung Easy Wireless Setup app? (More support information here.)
    2. Do the PCs which can't access it as a shared printer have SMB1 disabled? (That model does not apparently support SMB2/3.) This would affect them passing data blocks to the PC (which would also need SMB1 enabled) which has the attached printer as a shared resource.
    3. Does the present Wi-Fi extender include an ethernet port for a wired connection?
    4. Do you have access to an Ethernet-Over-Power pair of Powerline adapters (for example) so the printer can become wired as an alternative to wireless?

Hope this helps...

RickC, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

Support for the old Samsung multifunction printer?

1. Support for the old Samsung multifunction printer? - Similar Threads - Support old Samsung

2. How to fix old printers that have no drivers supported anymore Revive Your Old Printers:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix old printers that have no drivers supported anymore Revive Your Old Printers:...: Follow this guide https://www.freeprinterdriverdownload.org/how-to-install-a-printer-driver-manually-through-usb-add-a-printer-method/or this youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnKdpizG8lwStruggling with old printers, unsupported drivers? Discover how to manually...
  3. HP Laser Multifunction Printer 137fnw not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Laser Multifunction Printer 137fnw not scanning: When trying to scan with an HP Laser MFP 137fnw the windows scanning app returns a message that the scanner should be connected. The printer is printing but the scanning option is not working under Windows 11...
  4. HP Laser Multifunction Printer 137fnw not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Laser Multifunction Printer 137fnw not scanning: When trying to scan with an HP Laser MFP 137fnw the windows scanning app returns a message that the scanner should be connected. The printer is printing but the scanning option is not working under Windows 11...
  5. Support for the old Samsung multifunction printer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Support for the old Samsung multifunction printer?: Hello everyone, This is my first post here, so I will try to do my best to explain what I need. A couple of days ago, I've upgraded my relatively new PC to Windows 11. Everything went relatively okay and fast, until the moment when I realized that my old Samsung SCX-4200...
  6. Samsung printers showing offline , port configuration is not supported

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung printers showing offline , port configuration is not supported: samsung ml-2240 shows offline won't configure port as not supported https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-printers-showing-offline-port/7770b724-eb79-4311-88c2-3063fcb7c42d
  7. Setup RICOH Aficio 3228c Multifunction printer to scan to file

Setup RICOH Aficio 3228c Multifunction printer to scan to file: Hi. I'm trying to help my client get there RICOH mutifunction printer to scan to file on my clients new Windows 10 laptop but it's not working even when following the instructions on RICOHs website....
  8. Windows 10 can't install Samsung SCX-4100 Series Multifunction Printer softwar to scan.

Windows 10 can't install Samsung SCX-4100 Series Multifunction Printer softwar to scan.: I have a Samsung SCX-4100 Series Multifunction Printer, once I cable connected it to my Windows 10 computer, it can print. But windows 10 can't install Samsung SCX-4100 Series software. My questions are 1. How I can install this old Software to my Windows 10 Computer? 2....
  9. Multifunction adapters?

Multifunction adapters?: After MS forced the new disaster creator fall update upon us i have a unknown device Multifunction adapters -> unknown device my PC is slow and in Diablo 3 i get some error about D3D not being able to run or what ever. Anyone know what the Multifunction adapters is and if it...
  10. Lost network communication with Canon MP628 multifunction printer

Lost network communication with Canon MP628 multifunction printer: My Canon MP628 scanner suddenly stopped communicating with my desktop computer and my Sony Vaio laptop, however it still communicates with my Lenovo X1 laptop. As far as I know the only changes to my systems have been the regular Windows updates. The printer functions...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forum laser printer samsung 3405