Windows 10: Support IPv6 in mobile hotspot network sharing.

Discus and support Support IPv6 in mobile hotspot network sharing. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a native IPv6 connection for my cable network. However, I cannot share that network through mobile hotspot in Windows 10. When I use mobile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by exploitguo, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Support IPv6 in mobile hotspot network sharing.

I have a native IPv6 connection for my cable network. However, I cannot share that network through mobile hotspot in Windows 10. When I use mobile device to connect the hotspot, it can only get IPv4 address.

:)

exploitguo, Nov 10, 2018
  2. Joe Men Win User

Enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on Lumia 950

Hello,
    Christene

Thank you for posting your query to Microsoft Community. We understand that you want to enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your Lumia 950.

To enable Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Tap on Network & wireless.
    • Tap Mobile hotspot.
    • Tap on the On/Off slider to enable the Internet sharing/Mobile hotspot on your phone.
    Hope this helps.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Joe Men, Nov 10, 2018
  3. Mobile hotspot No network access

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC to your WiFi.
    • Right-click on the WiFi tray and click on Open network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change adapter settings which is present at the left side of the window.
    • Right-click on your WiFi and click on Properties, then click on the
      Sharing tab.
    • Check the box next to Allow other network to connect through this computer's internet and
      Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet and click
      OK.
    • Go to Settings > Network & Internet >
      Mobile Hotspot
      and turn it on.

• After you turn on the hotspot, go back to the Change adapter settings window. You will find a connection called
      Local area connection* 20. The number 20 may differ.
    • Do step 4 again. In Sharing tab below the first checkbox, select the
      Local area connection* 20 from the drop-down.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Nov 10, 2018
  4. Support IPv6 in mobile hotspot network sharing.

Error "The wifi network .... didn't respond" when using PC as mobile hotspot

Original title:- Use my PC as a mobile hotspot

When my PC has a cellular data connection, I want to turn it into a mobile hotspot to share my connection with other devices.

To do this I follow these steps.

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet
      > Mobile hotspot.

• Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, and then select
      Save.

• Turn on the control under Mobile hotspot to share your cellular data connection.
    After that I enter my Password to my nokia lumia 925 phone and try to connect to my new wifi network.

But it says "The wifi network .... didn't respond"

• I enter my password correctly.
    • Turn of my wifi in pc

William A Nadeeshani, Nov 10, 2018
Thema:

Support IPv6 in mobile hotspot network sharing.

1. Support IPv6 in mobile hotspot network sharing. - Similar Threads - Support IPv6 mobile

2. Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot: For a couple months I've used the hosted network option for my ethernet, to turn it into a wifi connection for devices I use. Now, the hosted networking turns on fine, and my devices connect to it and work all the same, but my PC's ethernet connection falls dead, with my...
  3. Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hosted Network / Mobile Hotspot: For a couple months I've used the hosted network option for my ethernet, to turn it into a wifi connection for devices I use. Now, the hosted networking turns on fine, and my devices connect to it and work all the same, but my PC's ethernet connection falls dead, with my...
  4. Mobile hotspot restricting network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile hotspot restricting network: I am a windows 11 user. This issue only started recently, where whenever I switch on mobile hotspot in my laptop, I am able to use the network in the device I'm connected to, but except for some websitesgoogle and youtube as far as I've seen, webpages and apps that use a...
  5. Mobile hotspot restricting network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile hotspot restricting network: I am a windows 11 user. This issue only started recently, where whenever I switch on mobile hotspot in my laptop, I am able to use the network in the device I'm connected to, but except for some websitesgoogle and youtube as far as I've seen, webpages and apps that use a...
  6. Mobile Hotspot not sharing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot not sharing on Windows 10: Dear Microsoft, I have Win10 20H2 19042.789 and wish to setup a hotspot from this windows PC to an Android device using Bluetooth only. I have enabled Mobile Hotspot and shared the internet connection from my Ethernet adapter in the Windows 10 machine. I have...
  7. Unwanted hotspot/network sharing

Unwanted hotspot/network sharing: Hello ,There is a hotspot/shared in the area I am in, of which I can't connect meaning its being hosted by my own PC, "mobile hotspot" and "nearby sharing" are both turned off; so I'm out of ideas why this could happen....
  8. Mobile hotspot and network problems

Mobile hotspot and network problems: Hi, recently my computer had a network issue where wifi connection was not an option anymore anywhere in my computer. Ever since that I have restarted my computer as well as reset all my network settings which did fix the wifi issue but led to my mobile hotspot on my computer...
  9. Mobile hotspot sharing from

Mobile hotspot sharing from: How do i set this up in laptop. Under the sharing from box it dont have choice of cellular network even though the cell phone is in available Wi-Fi networks just wont connect 135229
  10. mobile hotspot working but no hosted network support

mobile hotspot working but no hosted network support: kindly give answer to this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/why-does-mobile-hotspot-work-but-not-the-netsh/5f62ad54-09df-4dcc-a68d-b2d1527ea3f3 this might be the reason for not being able to host games offline (csgo offline)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. share wifi from laptop to phone ipv6