Windows 10: [Support Request] So I loaded up a bunch of steam games, GOG games, games that I bought...

Discus and support [Support Request] So I loaded up a bunch of steam games, GOG games, games that I bought... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/themarknessmonster [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/themarknessmonster, Apr 12, 2020.

1. [Support Request] So I loaded up a bunch of steam games, GOG games, games that I bought...

/u/themarknessmonster, Apr 12, 2020
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Steam Game Issue

Some details of what is, or is not happening may help, but if you have a lot of games not working the problem could be

due to a corrupt Steam Client.

You can find help for reinstalling/repairing the Steam Client in your Steam...

Help > Steam Support > Steam Client > Steam Crashes ( Click this tab for troubleshooting suggestions).

- Some games require you to run Steams Verify Integrity of Game Files after each of the Win10 version\feature updates.

BossDweeb, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Faith Win User
    Steam for buying old computer games

GoG is better at supporting older games because they usually add community patches to ensure better or even full compatbility. It's also DRM-free if you feel ownership is important in this disposable gaming world. Both Steam and GoG is good, but GoG is objectively better at what it does since it started as a niche platform for older games, hence the name, Good old Games. You can get Gog Galaxy if you want to use their client on your PC.

Faith, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Lugh Win User

[Support Request] So I loaded up a bunch of steam games, GOG games, games that I bought...

Steam for buying old computer games

I agree with this. I have hundreds of games on both, but will purchase from GOG in preference because of probably better compatibility going forward. Galaxy 2.0 when it comes out is also intended to be close to a single dashboard for gamers, in that you can import your games from other sellers and deal with them all in one place.

GOG
    Volume 1 Works on: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8);
    Volume 2 Works on: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8).

Steam
    Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside—RECOMMENDED: OS: Windows 10;
    Pajama Sam 2: Thunder And Lightning Aren't So Frightening—RECOMMENDED: OS: Windows 10.

So unusually, it looks like Steam is the better bet this time for Windows 10.

Tip: if you're not in a rush to get the game, 'Wishlist' it and wait for a sale—eg I see the first one is 50% off right now on Steam, ie $3.50. Also, checkout the bundles listed down the Steam/GOG pages—you might get all the Pajama Sam games for a nice discount.

Thema:

[Support Request] So I loaded up a bunch of steam games, GOG games, games that I bought...

1. [Support Request] So I loaded up a bunch of steam games, GOG games, games that I bought... - Similar Threads - Support Request loaded

2. i BOUGHT IN-GAME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i BOUGHT IN-GAME: PUR-User AlreadyOwnsContent EG7mGM+COG7w3Vo.2.9.1.2.1 2023/03/28 - 21;16;59 UTCI GET THIS MESSAGE AFTER I PURCHASED IN-GAME CASH WHILE PLAYING TOWNSHIP AND RRECEIVE CASH WHICH IS UNACCETABLE I'VE PURCHASD A LOT THRU MICOSOFT AND CAN;T UNDERSTAND WHY PLAYEX IS SAYING THAT I...
  3. i BOUGHT IN-GAME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i BOUGHT IN-GAME: PUR-User AlreadyOwnsContent EG7mGM+COG7w3Vo.2.9.1.2.1 2023/03/28 - 21;16;59 UTCI GET THIS MESSAGE AFTER I PURCHASED IN-GAME CASH WHILE PLAYING TOWNSHIP AND RRECEIVE CASH WHICH IS UNACCETABLE I'VE PURCHASD A LOT THRU MICOSOFT AND CAN;T UNDERSTAND WHY PLAYEX IS SAYING THAT I...
  4. I recently bought a pc of someone and the colors on steam games were inverted , so I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently bought a pc of someone and the colors on steam games were inverted , so I...: The stop code is "Critcial process error died" I've searched countless tutorials and none of them worked. I haven't found a single solution. I downloaded windows 10 on a flash drive, that didn't work because I can't access the boot mode menu. Please help me...
  5. I recently bought a pc of someone and the colors on steam games were inverted , so I...

I recently bought a pc of someone and the colors on steam games were inverted , so I...: The stop code is "Critcial process error died" I've searched countless tutorials and none of them worked. I haven't found a single solution. I downloaded windows 10 on a flash drive, that didn't work because I can't access the boot mode menu. Please help me...
  6. I recently bought a pc of someone and the colors on steam games were inverted , so I...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. GOG Games Not Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GOG Games Not Booting: Hello all,I recently got an Alienware x17 R2 with Intel i9 and Geforce RTX 3080ti, running on WINDOWS 11. I've been having nothing but problems on GOG Galaxy application. None of my games will boot-up. I click the Play button and it goes grey for a few seconds says Snyc 0%...
  8. GOG Games Not Booting

GOG Games Not Booting: Hello all,I recently got an Alienware x17 R2 with Intel i9 and Geforce RTX 3080ti, running on WINDOWS 11. I've been having nothing but problems on GOG Galaxy application. None of my games will boot-up. I click the Play button and it goes grey for a few seconds says Snyc 0%...
  9. Looking for a specific PC game (Steam title//maybe GOG title?)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking for a specific PC game (Steam title//maybe GOG title?): I'll save text and point to this reddit thread I made for the details. The TL;DR is i'm looking for this PC title that focused on survival on a hostile(?) planet with death-incuding weather, really trippy landscape, but expansive(ish) underground with puzzles and stuff, all...
  10. bought games not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bought games not showing up: i just bought forza horizon 4 ultimate edition in the microsoft store on pc and its not showing up anywhere, not in purchase history not in owned games and its pissing me off!...