Windows 10: SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update

Discus and support SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update it downloads and and then fails midwayplease help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PrinceSharma5, Oct 20, 2022.

1. SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update

SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update it downloads and and then fails midwayplease help!

:)

PrinceSharma5, Oct 20, 2022
  2. wiganken Win User

DELL SupportAssist 'Recommended' update fails to install

DELL Inspiron 15-3576 laptop, running Windows 10 Home (64-bit) v20H2, Build 19042.928 with “Core i5-8250U” CPU and “Intel UHD Graphics 620” display adapter. Norton Security installed.

I have posted this in the DELL Community but wish to widen the net to get more responses: - https://www.dell.com/community/Inspi.../false#M117077

DELL SupportAssist updated itself from v3.8.1 to v3.9 and it then tried three times to install "Recommended" update "SupportAssist OS Recovery" but failed each time. The laptop is plugged in to the power supply as required. See photos.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix?

SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update [​IMG]

SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update [​IMG]

wiganken, Oct 20, 2022
  3. jds21 Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Oct 20, 2022
  4. wiganken Win User

SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update

DELL SupportAssist 'Recommended' update fails to install

@Compumind - Thanks and you are almost 100% correct.

It seems to have been DELL SupportAssist (DSA) v3.9 wrongly detecting that my machine needed the "SA OS Recovery" update. Explanation: -

1. I uninstalled DSA, but I then saw that "DSA OS Recovery Plugin" and "DSA Remediation" were also installed so I uninstalled those as well since I wanted to "Start with a clean sheet" regarding DSA.
    2. I restarted the DELL then reinstalled DSA as suggested and it is now v3.9.
    3. Running DSA scan this time did not find the "SA OS Recovery" update whereas previously it did. I decided to try again but restarted the DELL first and it still did not find the update. That's why I say you are "almost" 100% correct. *Smile

This is why I think the previous DSA was wrongly detecting the update as being compatible with my machine. I could be wrong and it may decide to find it tomorrow or the day after. Who knows?

For now it seems the uninstall and reinstall advice has worked so I am sorted.

Thanks again.

wiganken, Oct 20, 2022
Thema:

SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update

1. SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update - Similar Threads - SupportAssist Fails install

2. Failed to install update to Windows 10, version 22H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to install update to Windows 10, version 22H2: I just spent the last 6 hours trying to get this update installed on my system. It always downloads, installs, restarts, then once it has restarted it fails at startup saying "We couldn't install updates". In the update manager I get "Failed to install on ‎9/‎15/‎2023 -...
  3. Failed to install update to Windows 10, version 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to install update to Windows 10, version 22H2: I just spent the last 6 hours trying to get this update installed on my system. It always downloads, installs, restarts, then once it has restarted it fails at startup saying "We couldn't install updates". In the update manager I get "Failed to install on ‎9/‎15/‎2023 -...
  4. 22H2 update not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 update not installing after restart: My Windows 11 got the 22H2 update and I download it on my machine. The download process went smoothly and restarted my machine. The Windows waited for a long period of time and when its finally boot up it didn't update. I waste my time getting the 22H2 and now it is gone in...
  5. 22H2 update not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 update not installing after restart: My Windows 11 got the 22H2 update and I download it on my machine. The download process went smoothly and restarted my machine. The Windows waited for a long period of time and when its finally boot up it didn't update. I waste my time getting the 22H2 and now it is gone in...
  6. SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update: SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update it downloads and and then fails midwayplease help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/supportassist-fails-to-install-after-22h2-update/6769c9c1-16a6-4343-aa8e-4f0a3cfe4d14
  7. DELL SupportAssist 'Recommended' update fails to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DELL SupportAssist 'Recommended' update fails to install: Windows 10 20H2, Build 19042.928 I have posted this in the DELL Community but wish to widen the net to get an answer: - https://www.dell.com/community/Inspi.../false#M117077 SupportAssist updated itself from v3.8.1 to v3.9 and then tried three times to install "Recommended"...
  8. Dell supportassist

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dell supportassist: So I recently bought a Dell XPS 7300 and noticed that there is something called dell supportassist on it. It spams notifications after a few days, and It asks me to install new drivers and check the drive. I was wondering if the supportassist does more good to a laptop? I...
  9. SupportAssist

in Windows 10 Customization
    SupportAssist: Dell SupportAssist will not install on my Inspirion 15 5000 series laptop. I download the installer. double click and it starts for 1 second then disappears. What will correct this...
  10. dell SupportAssist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    dell SupportAssist: Has anyone had problems with dell SupportAssist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/dell-supportassist/2be55769-54cf-4d24-bd3e-7ff24b966a70"