Windows 10: supported development tools for windows upgrade using AMD

Discus and support supported development tools for windows upgrade using AMD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use an AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon [tm] HD graphics RAM 4.00 GB i use notepad++ texet editor for html & css using windows 7 & everything was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BENNY MAN, Feb 23, 2020.

1. BENNY MAN Win User

supported development tools for windows upgrade using AMD

I use an AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon [tm] HD graphics

RAM 4.00 GB

i use notepad++ texet editor for html & css using windows 7 & everything was alright, but after my upgrade to Windows 10 , everything works okay but i have note been able to insert image , using the same text editor, could it be AMD isnt compactable with the text editor after the windows upgrade? someone pls come to my aid, i have been so worried sick!

:)

BENNY MAN, Feb 23, 2020

2. AMD Announces Heterogeneous C++ AMP Language for Developers

AMD in collaboration with Microsoft today announced the release of C++ AMP version 1.2 -- an open source C++ compiler which implements version 1.2 of the open specification for C++ AMP, available on both Linux and Windows for the first time. The release represents another step forward toward AMD's goal of supporting cross-platform solutions, multiple programming languages and continued contributions to the open source community. The tool, which leverages Clang and LLVM, accelerates productivity and ease of use for developers wishing to harness the full power of modern heterogeneous platforms spanning servers, PCs and handheld devices.

"AMD has a consistent track record of enriching the developer experience, and we're proud to make the first open source implementation of C++ AMP available to enable greater performance and more power-efficient applications," said Manju Hegde, corporate vice president, Heterogeneous Applications and Solutions, AMD. "The cross-platform release is another step in strengthening AMD's developer solutions, allowing for increased productivity and accelerated applications through shared physical memory across the CPU and GPU on both Linux and Windows."

"AMD continues to deliver excellent developer tools for heterogeneous programming. Partnering with AMD to deliver C++ AMP to the Linux and Open Source communities was a natural step for Microsoft as we work to improve the performance and developer experience on modern computing platforms," said S. Somasegar, corporate vice president of the Developer Division at Microsoft.

C++ AMP version 1.2 enables C++ developers to accelerate applications across a broad set of hardware and software configurations by supporting three outputs:
    • Khronos Group OpenCL, supporting AMD CPU/APU/GPU, Intel CPU/APU, NVIDIA GPU, Apple Mac OS X and other OpenCL compliant platforms;
    • Khronos Group SPIR, supporting AMD CPU/APU/GPU, Intel CPU/APU and future SPIR compliant platforms; and
    • HSA Foundation HSAIL, supporting AMD APU and future HSA compliant platforms.
    A key performance feature of version 1.2 of the open source C++ AMP specification is support for shared physical memory, which greatly simplifies sharing of data between the CPU and GPU on heterogeneous platforms. Heterogeneous platforms built on the new spec allow programmers to benefit from minimized overhead of expensive data copies and pointer updates when accelerating applications.

Cristian_25H, Feb 23, 2020
  3. AMD Debuts New SDK, Tools and Libraries, for Heterogeneous Computing Developers

AMD kicked off its 2013 Developer Summit (APU13) today, announcing a new unified Software Development Kit (SDK,) an improved CodeXL tool suite with added features and support for the latest AMD hardware, and added heterogeneous acceleration in popular Open Source libraries. Together, these tools provide a substantial step forward in productivity and ease-of-use for developers wishing to harness the full power of modern heterogeneous platforms spanning form servers to PCs to handheld devices.

"Developers are essential to our mission of realizing the full potential of modern computing technologies," said Manju Hegde, corporate vice president, Heterogeneous Solutions, AMD. "Enriching the developer experience by harnessing these technologies is a critical part of AMD's mission to accelerate developer adoption."

To achieve this common mission, AMD is announcing improvements across four fronts:
    • The unified SDK includes AMD APP SDK 2.9 and is the most user-friendly heterogeneous computing SDK yet. It provides improved ease-of-use and developer productivity by adding several new capabilities. This is AMD's first step toward providing developers with simple access to all the programmable components of the company's products. Some of the salient features are: a Web-based sample browser that makes it easy to find the right samples for a project; added support for CMake -- a popular make utility; improved OpenCL source editing with a plug-in to visual studio; and the addition of several new samples highlighting use of optimized open source libraries (OpenCV, Bolt) to get acceleration with minimal effort.
    • The unified SDK also includes the Media SDK v1.0 beta release. This will be AMD's first public release of the Media SDK, which enables developers to leverage AMD's unique and differentiated multimedia capabilities. Some of the key features of the Media SDK are a GPU-accelerated video pre/post processing library and a library for low latency video encoding.
    • The unified SDK also promotes new heterogeneous acceleration optimizations in several open source libraries with the goal of making it simple for developers to accelerate applications. These include: OpenCV (most popular computer vision library) now with many OpenCL accelerated functions; clMath with accelerated BLAS and FFT libraries accessible from Fortran, C and C++; and Bolt, a C++ template library providing GPU off-load for common data-parallel algorithms, now with cross-OS support as well as performance improvements and new functionality.
    • The latest CodeXL tools suite (version 1.3,) AMD's comprehensive heterogeneous developer tool offering, now supports Java, the world's most popular programming language. To further AMD's efforts to provide the best integrated tool suite, AMD has incorporated static kernel analysis capabilities. Also included in this release are added support for remote debugging/profiling to enable server and embedded customers as well as support for the latest GPU products from AMD (GCN-based discrete GPUs and APUs.)
    "AMD continues to deliver excellent heterogeneous programming developer tools for OpenCL -- the industry standard for heterogeneous programming," said Bill Richard, vice president of Software Development at Winzip. "AMD's tools have been instrumental in our efforts to deliver significant application performance improvements to our customers."

These new product releases represent another step forward toward AMD's goals of supporting cross-platform solutions (across OSes and vendors,) multiple programming languages and continued contributions to the Open Source community. This is part of AMD's ongoing commitment to make heterogeneous computing pervasive and mainstream.

AMD also announced today at APU13 details about "Kaveri," the third generation performance APU from AMD, during a keynote delivered by Dr. Lisa Su, senior vice president and general manager, Global Business Units, AMD.

"Kaveri" is the first APU with HSA features, AMD TrueAudio technology and AMD's Mantle API combining to bring the next level of graphics, compute and efficiency to desktops (FM2+), notebooks, embedded APUs and servers. FM2+ shipments to customers are slated to begin in late 2013 with initial availability in customer desktop offerings scheduled for Jan. 14, 2014. Further details will be announced at CES 2014.

In addition to the "Kaveri" announcement, Dr. Su highlighted AMD's leadership in APU technology and heterogeneous compute capabilities, and discussed the developer-centric future of AMD technology. With graphics, gaming, performance mobile clients and embedded devices growing in prevalence, AMD is at the epicenter of this convergence, and is equipped with the necessary IP to execute on this opportunity for our customers. To enable these growing ecosystems, Dr. Su made commitments to continue supporting programming tools and platforms like Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA), Mantle, OpenCL, C++ AMP and Microsoft DirectX that are important to application and game developers.

4. supported development tools for windows upgrade using AMD

AMD and Mentor Graphics Accelerating Open-Source Development for Embedded Systems

AMD today announced a multi-year agreement with Mentor Graphics Corporation to expand availability of open-source embedded Linux development for heterogeneous and multi-core processors from AMD. Dedicated to providing embedded developers with a more manageable and focused open source framework, the agreement will provide embedded developers with more supported processor options, robust development tools, and greater speed in open platform development.

As a Yocto Project compatible product, Mentor Embedded Linux will now bring standardized features and tools, and ensure quick access to the latest Board Support Packages (BSPs) for AMD 64-bit x86 architecture beginning with the upcoming AMD Embedded G-Series system-on-a-chip (SoC) (codenamed: "Steppe Eagle") and AMD Embedded R-Series APU/CPU (codenamed: "Bald Eagle").

Embedded systems developers will have comprehensive access to the Mentor Embedded Linux development platform for customized embedded Linux development and commercial support, as well as a no-cost Mentor Embedded Linux Lite derivative providing all the essentials to evaluate Linux on AMD embedded processors.

To address the growing complexity of embedded systems, embedded developers will also have access to Sourcery CodeBench for greater insight into system execution, performance and debugging applications in Linux-based embedded systems.

"Partnering with the largest independent embedded Linux and tools vendor in the market today is an exciting step forward as we continue to invest in the embedded market," said Scott Aylor, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Embedded Solutions. "We are providing the embedded development community an opportunity for choice, and this agreement with Mentor Graphics brings the embedded community an open-source platform to help tailor and expand their development."

"Mentor Graphics is excited to partner with AMD when you look at their vision and product portfolio of innovative technologies for embedded solutions," said Scot Morrison, general manager of embedded runtime solutions, Mentor Graphics Embedded Software Division. "We look forward to delivering the industry's most robust open-source development ecosystem to market with the upcoming AMD Embedded G- and R-Series products."

Key Features, Benefits and Support
    As part of the agreement between AMD and Mentor Graphics, embedded developers will have access to the following customized embedded Linux development products:

Mentor Embedded Linux Lit
    • Free enablement for evaluation and prototyping for the upcoming AMD "Steppe Eagle" and "Bald Eagle" products
    • Yocto Project compliant
    • Binary images of root file system and kernel
    • Access to sources for all open source components
    • Seamless migration to commercially supported Mentor Embedded Linux
    Mentor Embedded Linux
    • Commercial terms for project development including bug fixes, security patches, and product updates
    • Eclipse based Sourcery CodeBench development environment and data trace analysis and visualization capabilities
    • Customizability for unique project needs including custom BSP development, back porting and long term support
    Sourcery CodeBench Lite
    • Complete GNU based C/C++ development and debug tool chain for custom Linux target platform development
    • Windows and Linux host-based development options

Thema:

supported development tools for windows upgrade using AMD

1. supported development tools for windows upgrade using AMD - Similar Threads - supported development tools

2. Windows 11 Supported AMD Processors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Supported AMD Processors: My AMD CPU was listed the original Windows 11 supported CPU list. When the list was updated for Windows 11 22H2, my CPU is no longer listed. It also disappeared from the 21H2 list. I don’t get any unsupported hardware messages, but I do find it odd it’s now missing. My CPU is...
  3. AMD Processor not supported by Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Processor not supported by Windows 11: I have an HP laptop that came with Windows 10 and an AMD A4-9125 Radeon R3 processor. Not sure how old it actually is but I bought it in October 2020. When I tried to update to Windows 11 it says 'this PC doesn't currently meet minimum requirements' but doesn't specify which...
  4. Disable Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge using Registry in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Developer Tools in Microsoft Edge using Registry in Windows 10: Developer tools (or Microsoft Edge DevTools) help to perform a lot of tasks within the browser like edit CSS, make changes to the HTML webpage, debug your script or code, etc. There is a good list of DevTools in Microsoft Edge that helps the developers to test and build...
  5. Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 - Development Tool???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 - Development Tool???: The company I work for refuses to enable Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 in Windows 10 because Windows Identity Foundation 3.5 is a Development Tool, only used to create applications. However, we have applications that will not function without it. How do I explain to them...
  6. For developers: Use developer features

in Windows 10 Customization
    For developers: Use developer features: I am trying to edit the use developer features section in the settings and I am trying to change them to sideload apps but I am unable to edit them and it says: *Some settings are hidden or managed by your organization. at the top and I don't know if that has anything to do...
  7. Windows 10 - can't install developer tools

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - can't install developer tools: Attempting to install developer mode in settings results in my system hanging/spinning at this point (below). I am running Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB. Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  8. Official support for Windows 10 on ARM development

in Windows 10 News
    Official support for Windows 10 on ARM development: Today is an exciting day for Windows 10 on ARM. With the official release of Visual Studio 15.9, developers now have the officially supported SDK and tools for creating 64-bit ARM (ARM64) apps. In addition, the Microsoft Store is now officially accepting submissions for apps...
  9. Developer Tools Benchmarking 2016 survey

in Windows 10 News
    Developer Tools Benchmarking 2016 survey: Windows is proud to once again sponsor the latest VisionMobile Developer Economics survey , and want to ask our readers to spend 15 minutes on it. This is VisionMobile’s 11th developer survey and examines developer tool usage trends across the industry. It’s a great...
  10. Windows 10 Developer Tools released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Developer Tools released: Still installing on my VM - takes forever!!! Had to create a new VM as the old VM's hard drive wasn't big enough. Had to install Visual Studio 2015 CTP6 before installing the tools Also, the update to 10046 didn't load at first, so I had to update to it after installing VS...