Windows 10: Suppressing Windows Update - What Happens AFTER the Suppression Deadline?

Discus and support Suppressing Windows Update - What Happens AFTER the Suppression Deadline? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; ENVIRONMENT: Enterprise VDI (VMware Horizon) running virtual desktops for 200 users. Each VM runs Windows 10 Enterprise 1703 We are suppressing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cyber Mike, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Suppressing Windows Update - What Happens AFTER the Suppression Deadline?

ENVIRONMENT:

• Enterprise VDI (VMware Horizon) running virtual desktops for 200 users.
    • Each VM runs Windows 10 Enterprise 1703
    • We are suppressing Windows Updates (so that VMs don't auto-update and so that users don't see update prompts)

PROBLEM:

Our 365 day deferment expires in 1 month. We need to continue suppressing updates until we upgrade user VMs from 1703 to 1803 (next year in 2019). Until then, we need to resume applying critical 1703 security OS & Office application patches without being forced to upgrade to 1709 or 1803. After our 365-day deferment expires, we also desire that our users not see any pop-ups or prompts regarding the need to upgrade. It would be a disaster if our users began seeing upgrade pop-ups after our 365-day deferment expires.

ULTIMATE NEED:

Since Microsoft reports that Enterprise 1703 will be supported for another year (until October 2019), we expect Microsoft to resume supplying 1703 security patches that we can continue applying until then - WITHOUT PROMPTING THE USER OR FORCING US TO UPGRADE to 1709 or 1803.

Can authoritative sources confirm our expectations and understanding of what is or is not possible and how to configure our environment in a way to take advantage of the above?

:)

Cyber Mike, Sep 12, 2018

2. Suppression of an outlook account in application calender

Hello Mr Keene,

Many thanks for your reply. I tried what you have proposed with no success.

In outlook the account with the e-mail adresse @gmail doent not exist anymore and I have no possibility to remove it. I have only a trace in the list of data but I have no possibility to remove these data as I have no gmail account in outlook. As the account
    with the e-mail adresse @gmail is the base of my Microsoft account it has been inserted in outlook and the calendar. In outlook I have not been able to connect to the gmail messagery as google has refused the connexion because the security was not enough good
    in outlook. I have been able to remove it from outlook but the account has remained in the calendar application. With Microsoft support team we have changed my Microsoft account but this has had no effect on the list of account for the calendar application.
    So I took back my Microsoft account with the gmail address. In my opinion it seeems to be a bug in the calendar application that should authorise always the suppression of an account even it is the first created Microsoft account or should suppress it when
    there is no messagery associated with the address in Outlook.

Do you think that there is another possibilty to suppress the outlook account in the list of account of the calendar application?

Many thanks in advance.

Jean-Pierre Gilbert

((()))Gilbert, Sep 12, 2018
  3. MarkTiede Win User
    How to suppress the Search Pane in PDF in IE 11?

I have a web application that displays PDF files. IE 11 shows the PDF, but I am using Search parameters in the URL and I don't want to see the Search Pane by default.

How can I suppress the Search Pane? The URL parameters allow suppression of the toolbar and the messages, etc., but I can't find a way to suppress the Search Pane.

Anybody got some ideas?

MarkTiede, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Apodida Win User

Suppressing Windows Update - What Happens AFTER the Suppression Deadline?

Suppress screen lock when charging? (N8)

Is there a way to suppress the screen lock when the N8 is connected to USB or the charger?

Apodida, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Suppressing Windows Update - What Happens AFTER the Suppression Deadline?

1. Suppressing Windows Update - What Happens AFTER the Suppression Deadline? - Similar Threads - Suppressing Update Happens

2. Sound suppression problem via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound suppression problem via bluetooth: Hello,SO my problem is that when i connect my xbox wireless headset to pc via bluetooth its works fine till i turn on discord then every sound i hear is like suppressed. I tried a lot of things. When Im not in voice talk on discord i can kinda can change the sound back to...
  3. Is there a way to disable noise suppression?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable noise suppression?: I am a music teacher that teaches virtually. My new laptop uses the Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Technology, and when I try to use it for lessons all background noise is suppressed. Is there a way to disable noise suppression?...
  4. Is there a way to disable noise suppression?

Is there a way to disable noise suppression?: I am a music teacher that teaches virtually. My new laptop uses the Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Technology, and when I try to use it for lessons all background noise is suppressed. Is there a way to disable noise suppression?...
  5. Update to Windows 11 in Windows 10 enviroment - GPO suppressing it.

Update to Windows 11 in Windows 10 enviroment - GPO suppressing it.: So at the moment, we have a GPO to suppress the Windows 11 update on our Windows 10 machines. So only Windows 10 21H2 will be checked and installed for the time beting. Because of this, I can't "update" my test machines to Windows 11. I want to start having new Windows 11...
  6. Music suppressed in Zoom on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music suppressed in Zoom on Windows 11: Our church replaced the laptop that is used to host Zoom meetings for our church services. With the new computer, speech comes across fine, but music organ, singing, etc is completely suppressed. Group prayers multiple people speaking at once are also suppressed. The new...
  7. Music suppressed in Zoom on Windows 11

Music suppressed in Zoom on Windows 11: Our church replaced the laptop that is used to host Zoom meetings for our church services. With the new computer, speech comes across fine, but music organ, singing, etc is completely suppressed. Group prayers multiple people speaking at once are also suppressed. The new...
  8. Suppressing parental control messages

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Suppressing parental control messages: Hello fellow Windows 10 users, I have set the parental control for my son on my windows 10 computer. He has a warning message 15 minutes before time is up : "You only have 15 minutes". He has to click somewhere in the message to get past this message. The same happens 2...
  9. Noise Suppression Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Noise Suppression Problem: I Look at Videos on How To Make my Microphone Sound better and It's Almost Always Noise Suppression. I Turn it On But Then My Mic Sounds Worse Than Before. Is There a Way Where i Can Change the Amount of Noise Suppression I Get? If not, Is There Anyway To Download Additional...
  10. Suppress *.tmp creation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Suppress *.tmp creation: I have a very restrictive permission system on my external hard drive, for security reasons (and because the files on the drive are very valuable (to me at least), scientific journal articles amongst other things) I have it set so that: only one user (an admin, which has...