Windows 10: Supreme Commander Resolution

Discus and support Supreme Commander Resolution in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I finally was able to redownload an old game of my past. Supreme Commander 2. Immediately when I launch my game the screen resolution went down very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by juneTree, Jul 2, 2020.

1. juneTree Win User

Supreme Commander Resolution

So I finally was able to redownload an old game of my past. Supreme Commander 2. Immediately when I launch my game the screen resolution went down very low and the aspect ratio also changed. The game runs slow and terrible and any overlay such as the Xbox game bar also looks very bad. I am running the new Dell XPS 15 with integrated graphics, Intel Core i7-10750 CPU spec unsure about and a Nvidia GTX 1650 Ti, 16Gb of RAM, plenty of hardware for the game. HOW ON EARTH DO I RUN THE GAME ON THE STOCK 4K RESOLUTION AT 16:9 INSTEAD OF SUPER LOW RESOLUTION AND 4:3 ASPECT RATIO?

:)

juneTree, Jul 2, 2020

2. Supreme Commander problems

On the new Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607 Build 14393.10), Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance and Supreme Commander 2 works now with second adapter without any problems for me.

Mister X2000, Jul 2, 2020
  3. leglod Win User
    Supreme Commander problems

Same issue with supreme commander 2 (Steam version 1.260)

Tested with Nvidia GTX 970 (driver 355.60) and same screen resolution used on both monitors (1920*1080 and 60Hz)

The second monitor is switch-off when the game is started (behaviour different from previous windows versions)

leglod, Jul 2, 2020
  4. Supreme Commander Resolution

Supreme Commander problems

Kevin

Just a quick note to make you aware that I am having some problems with Supreme Commander Forged Alliance in Windows 10. It may be that I'd also have them in Supreme Commander and/or Supreme Commander 2, but SCFA is the game I'm mainly interested in.

1) The video settings within the game are totally ignored by the operating system. Making any change to the resolution or using a second monitor will be accepted by the game options, but results in no difference whatsoever.

2) Only one monitor is recognised. Not even a holding screen is displayed on the second monitor.

3) Resolutions are totally ignored, even on the monitor where the game is being displayed. Only the lowest level resolution works.

The combination of all the above ruins my favourite game, and makes it impractical to play at the moment, so I'd be very grateful if these problems could be fixed.

Supreme Commander Forged Alliance worked on my PC in Windows 7 and earlier. I switched to Windows 10, found the above problems and immediately reverted back to Windows 7, which I had to do with a clean install because the Windows 10 procedure to revert
    back to Windows 7 failed. It was only the expiry of the free upgrade period for Windows 10 which forced me to upgrade to Windows 10 again, and I was hoping that the relevant drivers would have been fixed by now. However, the problem is still there.

I have an older PC, but wouldn't mind upgrading hardware if you are going to tell me that the solution is to be found by using such-and-such a graphics card etc. I'd be very pleased for a solution to be found for this problem.

Please tell me if you need any particular technical information about my PC or software.

WolfpackWolfpack, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

Supreme Commander Resolution

1. Supreme Commander Resolution - Similar Threads - Supreme Commander Resolution

2. Supreme Commander 2 fixes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Supreme Commander 2 fixes?: So I just got an Acer predator and downloaded a rts game called Supreme Commander 2 that I grew up playing and have always loved, I have been very excited to finally play the dlcs. I am on windows 10, every time the game runs for more than 20 minutes it gives a "commit...
  3. Supreme Commander 2 fixes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Supreme Commander 2 fixes?: So I just got an Acer predator and downloaded a rts game called Supreme Commander 2 that I grew up playing and have always loved, I have been very excited to finally play the dlcs. I am on windows 10, every time the game runs for more than 20 minutes it gives a "commit...
  4. PC was infected , said Microsoft sent message , a company by Supreme store said...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC was infected , said Microsoft sent message , a company by Supreme store said...: PC infected said message from Microsoft , a company by name of Supreme store, Albany NY answered , is this a scammer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pc-was-infected-said-microsoft-sent-message-a/d90b488e-d132-403c-8b49-7067e6b526b8
  5. Resolution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Resolution: Follow these instruction for both 2018 and 2019 H&R Block. You have to do a soft reboot after you are done and then reopen and the files will reappear and for 2020 version you can import 2019 data. The files were corrupted with one of the windows update. Exit the program....
  6. Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution: Hello when i set full screen resolution goes to 720p in every game fortnite steam and others nvidia gtx 1650 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution/f2b22857-ae10-4dd7-ae23-8fb2f5769e8c
  7. RESOLUTION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RESOLUTION: HI, There is a situation, whenever I change the resolution of my games, the resolution of the windows changes as well which makes the screen and more stretched. Is there any solution as to stop resolution of the windows changing every time. My monitor is a 1980*1080 display...
  8. Supreme Court - states can require online sellers to collect sales tax

in Windows 10 News
    Supreme Court - states can require online sellers to collect sales tax: The Supreme Court on Thursday upheld a South Dakota law requiring certain out-of-state retailers, including those that operate remotely online, to collect its sales tax. In a 5-4 ruling, the court overturned a 1992 court precedent barring states from requiring businesses...
  9. No sound [GTX 750 Ti + Supreme FX II in W10]

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No sound [GTX 750 Ti + Supreme FX II in W10]: Hi. I've just installed a new GTX 750 Ti in my W10. My monitor is connected via DVI with an VGA-DVI adapter, and it has no sound capabilities, so I've been using the Supreme FX II sound card included in my ASUS Rampage Formula MoBo for audio. Now I have no audio at...
  10. Google pushes to take Oracle Java copyright case to Suprem

in Windows 10 News
    Google pushes to take Oracle Java copyright case to Suprem: Google has had enough of its long-running legal battle with Oracle over whether application programming interfaces (API)s can be copyrighted. The search giant has asked the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) to bypass further battles in lower courts and address the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. supreme commander forged alliance minimun screen resolution

2. steam supreme commander change resolution windows 10

3. supreme commander resolution change

4. supreme commander aspect ratio