Windows 10: Surafce Laptop 3 - Won't Boot From USB

Discus and support Surafce Laptop 3 - Won't Boot From USB in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to boot Linux from a USB pendrive and USB DVD drive. 1. Restart with Shift and select USB. Then sounds promising with DVD turning and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ColinStone, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Surafce Laptop 3 - Won't Boot From USB

I am trying to boot Linux from a USB pendrive and USB DVD drive.

1. Restart with Shift and select USB. Then sounds promising with DVD turning and reading but ends up with Windows 10.

2. Start with Vol up and Vol down variations.

USB is first boot device and turned off secure boot..

I used Rufus to create a bootable USB pendrive from the iso file and W10 burn iso for the DVD.

USB pendrive has following files:

Surafce Laptop 3 - Won't Boot From USB f24983d4-3fcf-46d1-9c94-91fc9234317d?upload=true.jpg

DVD has the following files:

Surafce Laptop 3 - Won't Boot From USB 5350f5c9-9998-4251-a002-95ddbbb14352?upload=true.jpg

:)

ColinStone, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surafce Laptop 3 - Won't Boot From USB :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Nov 29, 2020
  3. scraff Win User
    My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Surafce Laptop 3 - Won't Boot From USB

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Surafce Laptop 3 - Won't Boot From USB

1. Surafce Laptop 3 - Won't Boot From USB - Similar Threads - Surafce Laptop Won't

2. Laptop not booting from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not booting from USB: Hello.I just found an old laptop in my closet, a Sony Vaio VGN-TZ31VN. 2GB RAM, 32-bit Windows 7 Professional. It's extremely slow, and I just wanted to reinstall Windows or install another lightweight OS for old laptops \, such as Linux Mint, by creating a bootable USB Flash...
  3. Laptop not booting from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not booting from USB: Hello.I just found an old laptop in my closet, a Sony Vaio VGN-TZ31VN. 2GB RAM, 32-bit Windows 7 Professional. It's extremely slow, and I just wanted to reinstall Windows or install another lightweight OS for old laptops \, such as Linux Mint, by creating a bootable USB Flash...
  4. Laptop stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" and won't boot from USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck on "Preparing Automatic Repair" and won't boot from USB: My laptop Asus X555UB won't boot into Windows. It shows the circle loading, then the screen goes off for a second to show me "Preparing Automatic Repair" and it's stuck in there eternally until I shut it down. I've tried everything. No matter how many times I reset, it...
  5. Laptop freezing, won't boot from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop freezing, won't boot from usb: The laptop is a hp pavilion (unsure which exact one but it has an amd a8 and it says beatsaudio on it. It freezes when loading windows while booting, I can get into bios but when I try booting from my USB with windows on it it has these blue lines on the bottom of the screen...
  6. Pc won't boot windows from usb

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Pc won't boot windows from usb: I downloaded windows 10 onto my usb but when i attempt to boot from it i get a black screen with windows symbol momentarily and then it just reboots back to motherboard screen. Eventually computer just crashes....
  7. Windows 10 won't boot from usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 won't boot from usb: I updated my Alienware R6 about a week and a half ago and after it restarted it wouldnt turn on. I got a usb and chose recover instead of install windows, and it took me to the troubleshoot menu thing. Then i chose automatic repair, which then said it couldnt boot. After time...
  8. USB won't boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB won't boot: A USB an MP3 I have been using on my computer all day now is not being reconised by the computetr and will not boot up. Is there anything I can do to get it to boot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-wont-boot/c7dd79f9-1041-47cb-a4d3-38273f2a517c
  9. Surafce 6 Tutorials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surafce 6 Tutorials: I will not be anywhere close to a Microsoft Store where I am moving shortly. Where can I find good Surface Pro 6 tutorials. I am severely under utilizing my Surface. Please help!...
  10. Acer PC won't boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer PC won't boot from USB: I attempted to install another operating system onto another partition on my second PC. I've done all the steps correctly, after asking a question from another post. When I hit F12 and chose to boot from USB, it just showed a black screen. I went ahead to disable secure...