Windows 10: Surface 3 BSOD After Resetting

Discus and support Surface 3 BSOD After Resetting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I am selling my Surface 3 so today I wiped all of my files off of it but after I did it became stuck on a blue screen that says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeBrayn Jomms, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Surface 3 BSOD After Resetting

Hello all,

I am selling my Surface 3 so today I wiped all of my files off of it but after I did it became stuck on a blue screen that says INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. I've been on the forums and I think I know how to fix it but I do have a question. I'm going to have to create recovery media and the process for doing so seems to require a 25 digit key for reinstalling Windows but I don't have a key. I have my original box and paperwork for the Surface and nowhere in there is a Windows key that I have found. My question is do I really need the key or will I be able to create the recovery media without it? Sorry if this is a bit confusing.

Thank you.

:)

LeBrayn Jomms, Jul 11, 2016
  2. Vinoth D Win User

Surface 3 Firmware Update Nov 9 2015 - Frequent Reboots

Hi all,

Does anyone have frequent reboots after installing the Firmware updates for Surface 3 on Nov 9 2015?

I have updated my Surface 3(Non LTE version, windows 10) and after the first restart the device rebooted without any BSOD messages. Nothing can be found in eventviewer too. I had 3 repeated reboots after logging in to my desktop. Rolled back the network
    driver alone to the previous version and I don't have the reboots now.

Vinoth D, Jul 11, 2016
  3. JRV_100 Win User
    Critical_Process_Died

I have a Surface 3 running windows 10. Just last time when I booted my tablet it went to the BSOD saying Critical_Process_Died.

Then today I turned it on and it went to the BSOD saying the same thing, but after restarting itself it looks just fine. But I know I will get another crash, sometime.

What does this BSOD mean, what makes it happen, and how do I fix it?

I love my surface 3 and windows 10, I would hate to switch. Microsoft please make windows more stable, FAST!

I use this for school and I can not have it crashing every time it turns on.

JRV_100, Jul 11, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Surface 3 BSOD After Resetting

The activation should be tagged with the device/motherboard, and you need not to provide it during clean installation of windows 10 on a device that is already activated.

When the installation will ask for a key, just skip that step.

When the installation is done, you can come to know your product key: https://www.tenforums.com/software-ap...7-showkey.html

Thema:

Surface 3 BSOD After Resetting

1. Surface 3 BSOD After Resetting - Similar Threads - Surface BSOD Resetting

2. Factory Reset Surface 3: stuck in a loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory Reset Surface 3: stuck in a loop: I've completed a factory reset to clear the data off my sons Surface 3.I am now stuck on a loop, there a problem preventing us getting your 9V ready. I can't hard wire to the Internet as no ethernet port but have tried using both my Virgin network and my mesh network and we...
  3. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  4. Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Support
    Factory Reset for Surface Pro 3: My first post, so be gentle! Just got an oldish Surface Pro 3 and I would like to do a 'factory reset' I'm trying to add an attachment [img] If I have uploaded the disk management image correctly, there seem to be more partitions than I was expecting! Would anyone like to...
  5. No Internet after factory reset Surface Pro 3 win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet after factory reset Surface Pro 3 win 10: My surface would not restart so I did factory reset. While I had no issues prior to reset, I can connect to Wi-Fi, hot-spot & Ethernet, but have no internet. No issues with other devices, so it is isolated to Surface Pro. Tried: Uninstalling Drivers & restarting...
  6. Surface laptop 3 reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface laptop 3 reset: I bought the surface laptop 3 a month ago off amazon, and am needing to return because its not working out for me, so it said to reset before sending back. It has been stuck on this screen for over 10 hours... do i keep waiting? What should i do? I need to send it back so i...
  7. Surface Laptop 3 stuck on factory reset

Surface Laptop 3 stuck on factory reset: So, I've been needing to factory reset my laptop because it had issues in internet connection. And I did start factory resetting my laptop last night at 6pm and since then, my laptop has been looping over the restarting circle animation with the Microsoft logo again and...
  8. New Surface Laptop 3 BSOD

New Surface Laptop 3 BSOD: Hello. I recently bought a Surface Laptop 3, and in the last 3 days I have experienced two blue screens. The first gave no error message and simply left my screen blue without a cursor until I held the power button to turn it off. The most recent one gave me more information,...
  9. Microsoft Surface 3 BSOD

Microsoft Surface 3 BSOD: I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 256GB that experienced a BSOD this morning. It has a clean install of Windows 10, and has been running for a few months without issue. It was stuck at the Surface logo screen with no circling dots, so I had to do the volume and power button...
  10. Surface Pro 3: No Internet after Resetting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro 3: No Internet after Resetting: Hi, I recently has the problem of the Blue death Screen or the Inaccessible_Boot_Device issue with my Surface Pro 3. None of the solution seems to work. It wont enter Safe Mode, it wont recognise the external Clean Installation Media USB drive for reinstallation. Finally,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface 3 bsod after power up