Windows 10: Surface 3 Failure To Update

Discus and support Surface 3 Failure To Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an older windows surface 3 tablet that originally came with windows 8. I updated it to windows 10 when it was first offered for free. It has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DBC 7500, Sep 21, 2018.

1. DBC 7500 Win User

Surface 3 Failure To Update

I have an older windows surface 3 tablet that originally came with windows 8. I updated it to windows 10 when it was first offered for free. It has update automatically since then, but the latest major update just refuses to install (might be the April major release that is in question). It goes through the motions to install and then eventually restores itself back. I tried to do this major install a few times because once it restores it starts to ask to install the major update again. Eventually I found a way to turn off auto updates and all was good for a couple months, at which time it started to ask me to choose a time to update again. It has gone through the motions again twice today and still no joy. Is there no way for the installed windows to recognize it can’t use the newest update and simply stop offering it? Obviously, choosing to turn off updates is not a permanent solution as windows finds a way to check anyway.

:)

DBC 7500, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3

Source: September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3 Surface

Brink, Sep 21, 2018
  3. SURFACE 3 camera and sound not working

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing sound and camera on Surface 3 device, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you try to access camera and sound on your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing drivers, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

1. Press
    Windows key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting
    and select it.

2. Click on
    view all option on the upper left corner of Troubleshooting window.

3. Select the
    Hardware and Device options from the list.

4. Click
    Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.
    Also, visit the computer manufacturer’s website and install the drivers being found and check if it helps.

For further assistance, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Browse topics for Surface 3

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Pro 3 - Feb. 20, 2018

Source: Updates for Surface Pro 3 (20 February 2018) Surface

See also: Surface Pro 3 update history

Brink, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Surface 3 Failure To Update - Similar Threads - Surface Failure Update

2. Microsoft Surface 3 BIOS update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface 3 BIOS update: Been scratching my head at this for days. Dug out this SURFACE 3 convertible/tablet pc. I have very little info on this, only 2 gigs of ram. This is NOT a Microsoft Surface 3 Pro, to the best of my knowledge. As i said, i know very little info about this pc. In need of having...
  3. Microsoft Surface 3 BIOS update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Surface 3 BIOS update: Been scratching my head at this for days. Dug out this SURFACE 3 convertible/tablet pc. I have very little info on this, only 2 gigs of ram. This is NOT a Microsoft Surface 3 Pro, to the best of my knowledge. As i said, i know very little info about this pc. In need of having...
  4. Microsoft Surface 3 BIOS update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  6. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  7. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...
  8. Windows Update Failure 3

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Failure 3: Hello Does anybody know what this means, present in Event Viewer; Code: Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 8.7.2016 г. 20:14:59 Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: admin-pc Description: Сбор...
  9. September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3

in Windows 10 News
    September Updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, and Surface 3: We have new updates for Surface Pro 4, Surface Book and Surface 3 devices. Click the links below to go to the specific location for your device on the Download Center. At the Download Center, click Details then click + More to see all available downloads for the device. For...
  10. The Surface family expands with the Surface 3

in Windows 10 News
    The Surface family expands with the Surface 3: vPto6XpRq-U Today, the Surface Team has announced their thinnest and lightest Surface yet: the Surface 3. The Surface 3 borrows a lot of awesomeness from its big brother the Surface Pro 3 – like its design and the use of premium materials – but is more compact at only...