Windows 10: Surface 3 laptop FAN/OVERHEAT CONCERNS WHILE GAMING

Discus and support Surface 3 laptop FAN/OVERHEAT CONCERNS WHILE GAMING in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Any solutions? Tweaks? Modifications I can do without, internal upgrades or, .... so that I can justify and make a 1,400 dollar purchase worth it? for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ItsAsurface, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Surface 3 laptop FAN/OVERHEAT CONCERNS WHILE GAMING

Any solutions? Tweaks? Modifications I can do without, internal upgrades or, ....
    so that I can justify and make a 1,400 dollar purchase worth it? for gaming as well, not just for designing features and compactability. thanks.

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 4/18/2020, 12:51:21
    Machine name: THESUFAC3

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
    System Model: Surface Laptop 3
    BIOS: 1.2238.140 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 Microsoft Surface (R) Edition (8 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 6120MB RAM
    Page File: 6446MB used, 5792MB available

:)

ItsAsurface, Apr 18, 2020
  2. 8gigLiam Win User

Surface laptop 3 fans running loud when laptop is plugged in

Hello. I have been having this problem with my Surface laptop 3 where when I play a light game (like Minecraft) with the laptop plugged in the fans become extremely loud. However when the laptop is not plugged in the fans don't get even close to being
    as loud... Can someone help me solve this problem?

8gigLiam, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Jack2063 Win User
    Laptop fan 1 not working?

Hey, for a while I've noticed that one of my laptop fans on my gaming laptop does not work. I have a program on my laptop called Dragon Gaming Centre and it says that fan 1 speed is 0 RPM, but my laptop fan 2 speed is about 5000 RPM when I have it on high.
    Don't know if it's possible that I turned it off somehow or if it could be a physical issue with it being broken.

I was wondering if I could have some suggestions on how how to troubleshoot what the problem is so I can know how to fix it and solutions if possible. It's caused me lots of problems already because my CPU overheats and causes me to get low fps spikes in
    games.

Thank you so much for your time and help. Surface 3 laptop FAN/OVERHEAT CONCERNS WHILE GAMING :)

Jack2063, Apr 18, 2020
  4. Surface 3 laptop FAN/OVERHEAT CONCERNS WHILE GAMING

Can't play games on my surface 3

Hi Jon,

There are many possible reasons why you are unable to play your games on your Surface 3. It can possibly be due to an outdated Windows Update version installed on your device or a software conflict with other apps on your Surface 3. To properly isolate your
    concern, please clarify the following information:

• Did the issue occur after an update?
    • Does the issue occur on all of the games installed on your Surface 3?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to resolve the issue?
    • Are there any error messages when you tried to play your games?
    • Are you playing the game online?
    • When was the last time that you were able to play the games on your device?

In the meantime, you may run the Windows Apps troubleshooter by clicking the
    Run troubleshooter button on this link to fix problems with apps
    from Microsoft Store.

Loraine Mon, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Surface 3 laptop FAN/OVERHEAT CONCERNS WHILE GAMING

1. Surface 3 laptop FAN/OVERHEAT CONCERNS WHILE GAMING - Similar Threads - Surface laptop FAN

2. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  3. Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface laptop 3: Yo guys I am looking for a portable triple monitor screen extender and i have a Surface laptop 3 so I am looking for advice from someone who has any knowledge on which one should i get i live in Canada and I want the best one can some one give me the top 5 options that would...
  4. Laptop fan/overheat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan/overheat: I use my laptop a lot and I only use chrome tabs, nothing else, I try to close every background app that is running. Doesent work. My laptop specs are...Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.7 GB usable Graphics Intel iRIS...
  5. Laptop fan/overheat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop fan/overheat: I use my laptop a lot and I only use chrome tabs, nothing else, I try to close every background app that is running. Doesent work. My laptop specs are...Processor 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz Installed RAM 12.0 GB 11.7 GB usable Graphics Intel iRIS...
  6. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: They say a Surface Laptop 3 battery should last about 11 hours. I know you will not get 11 hours but you should get something near that. If I am lucky I get 2 to 3 hours at the most out of mine I ordered the laptop November 3 2020 so it is still under Microsoft one year...
  7. Surface Laptop 3 - loud fan noise?

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Laptop 3 - loud fan noise?: Bought a Surface laptop 3 back in January (15" AMD Ryzen. 8GB Memory. 128GB SSD. Platinum). I only use it for home office stuff (light surfing online, light MS Office word/excel, paying bills, etc). Its been a great laptop until a month ago when started buzzing like a bee...
  8. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Laptop 3: I bought a Surface Laptop 3 today. After setting up a laptop updated, then I can not launch any setting apps like Settings, Personalisation etc. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> ms-settings ms-settings : The term 'ms-settings' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function,...
  9. Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Laptop 3: I recently bought the Surface Laptop 3, and I was wondering how long the battery usually lasts people. I am using it for high school classes, so nothing too serious should be using up the battery. I've been using it for about 4 hours and it went down about 40% already. The...
  10. Surface laptop 3 fans running loud when laptop is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface laptop 3 fans running loud when laptop is plugged in: Hello. I have been having this problem with my Surface laptop 3 where when I play a light game (like Minecraft) with the laptop plugged in the fans become extremely loud. However when the laptop is not plugged in the fans don't get even close to being as loud... Can someone...