Windows 10: Surface 3 Questions

Discus and support Surface 3 Questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm thinking of picking up a Surface 3 for word processing, email, web browsing, Spotify, and watching videos (Netflix, Plex, etc.) I don't anticipate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thunderclap, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Surface 3 Questions

I'm thinking of picking up a Surface 3 for word processing, email, web browsing, Spotify, and watching videos (Netflix, Plex, etc.) I don't anticipate multitasking much or doing anything graphic intensive, the main purpose of this unit is to write, proofread, and be able to highlight errors in documents using the stylus. I know the 4GB RAM version is only $100 more, but am I going to see a marked improvement for the little I'll be doing?

Second question: a friend who has the Surface 3 with Windows 8.1 installed mentioned he couldn't install Firefox and he was having problems with Chrome. Has anyone else experienced browser problems? I plan to be using Windows 10 on the Surface, and while I like Edge do prefer Chrome. Is there any other software that doesn't work with Surface, or is he a rare exception?

:)

thunderclap, Oct 11, 2015

2. Surface Pro 3: Questions: HDD vs. SSD, File History, Webroot SecureAnywhere, Boosting Performance

Guru,

Thank you very much for answering my questions - I appreciate it!

New Surface Pro 3 User, Oct 11, 2015
  3. Surface Pro 3: Questions: HDD vs. SSD, File History, Webroot SecureAnywhere, Boosting Performance

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. If you have any further queries feel free to post, we will be glad to assist.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 11, 2015
  4. stlbud Win User

Surface 3 Questions

Programs will launch much faster with 4GB. The 64GB fills up very quickly particularly when carrying videos. I don't remember how much space is free on the 64BG but installing Office and several other apps, doesn't leave much room. I have the 128 GB / 4GB Ram model and have been very happy with performance and available storage.

I have had no problems with firefox on Surface 3. I've not tried chrome but several discussions state that chrome is very resource hungry - grabbing most of memory and continuing to grow as it is used. Google has promised to fix the memory issues but so far people are still complaining.

stlbud, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

Surface 3 Questions

1. Surface 3 Questions - Similar Threads - Surface Questions

2. Surface Pro 4 Wifi settings not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Pro 4 Wifi settings not showing: Hello all! So basically, ive had my surface for a good amount of time. Ive encountered problems but most of the time I can sort them out with usual help however for once I cant Whenever I try to connect to a network, or attempt to view what networks are available, nothing...
  3. MICROSOFT RELEASED DRIVERS AND FIRMWARES TO SURFACE PRO LTE (5th Gen) ON 16-05-2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MICROSOFT RELEASED DRIVERS AND FIRMWARES TO SURFACE PRO LTE (5th Gen) ON 16-05-2019: Recently Microsoft released drivers and corresponding Firmwares only to Surface Pro Lte ( 5th Gen ) Devices . To download all the essential correct drivers , firmwares. Visit below microosft official website https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56278...
  4. MICROSOFT RELEASED DRIVERS AND FIRMWARES TO SURFACE PRO 6 ON 16-05-2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MICROSOFT RELEASED DRIVERS AND FIRMWARES TO SURFACE PRO 6 ON 16-05-2019: Recently Microsoft released drivers and corresponding Firmwares only to Surface Pro 6 Devices . To download all the essential correct drivers , firmwares. Visit below microosft official website https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=57514 Source...
  5. New Surface Pro 3 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - May 16

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Pro 3 Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - May 16: Improvements and fixes in the update May 2019 updates May 16 release The following updates are available for all Surface Pro 3 devices running Windows 10 May 2019 Update, version 1903 or greater: Windows Update History Name Device Manager Name Marvell Semiconductor, Inc....
  6. OneNote question-offline and online usage-Surface Pro

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote question-offline and online usage-Surface Pro: Hi, This is my first post here, so please be gentle. It may end up being a long post, but please do bear with me, as I could really do with some advice. I’m thinking of returning to the Surface Pro family after a few years away with an iPad Pro 12.9. However, I have a...
  7. OneNote question-offline and online usage-Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote question-offline and online usage-Surface Pro: Hi, This is my first post here, so please be gentle. It may end up being a long post, but please do bear with me, as I could really do with some advice. I’m thinking of returning to the Surface Pro family after a few years away with an iPad Pro 12.9. However, I have a...
  8. Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 1809 October Update Performance Question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 3 Windows 10 1809 October Update Performance Question: Any Surface Pro users able to comment on how the update is working on their systems? Surface Pro 3 user here considering upgrade from 1709...
  9. Surface Dial question.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Dial question.: How many surface dial are compatible in Windows 10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/surface-dial-question/25de288d-a491-432a-b0f2-bc4b28f9d882
  10. Question regarding Surface Pro 4 and Windows 10 B: 1803

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question regarding Surface Pro 4 and Windows 10 B: 1803: I have 3 Surface Pro 4's running Windows 10 1803 build, all three are experiencing the same issue and once we downloaded the 1803 build on them the Quick Access stopped working. There is no error it acts as if it normally would upon pinning something to it minus the fact of...