Windows 10: Surface 3 Windows 10 Clean Install touch son't work

Discus and support Surface 3 Windows 10 Clean Install touch son't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I try perform a clean install of Windows 10 on Surface 3 and the touchscreen during setup dont work. I can boot the Windows 10 pendrive (Surface 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MirtzaOsuna, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Surface 3 Windows 10 Clean Install touch son't work

I try perform a clean install of Windows 10 on Surface 3 and the touchscreen during setup dont work.

I can boot the Windows 10 pendrive (Surface 3 only have 1 USB). i see the options like, language and next option but the touchscreen don't work and i cant proceed because i can't choose and option.

How i solve this problem ?

1- The Windows 10 pendrive works and tested in other machines ( created with MS tool).

2- The touchscreen works with any other OS like Linux.

:)

MirtzaOsuna, Jun 20, 2019

2. Surface 3 Clean Install

Hi Everyone

I have recently upgraded my Surface 3 to Windows 10 and I wish to do a clean install, to install a fresh copy of windows without having all the old data from Windows 8.1. Would I be fine following, "How to do a clean install" tutorial via Ten Forums or would there be a different process for doing this for a Surface?

I am guessing since its basically a mini laptop I would just follow the same steps? I have made a boot-able USB for this. Also would my Surface automatically activate or should I note down the product key just in case it doesn't?

Thanks

ellellell1, Jun 20, 2019
  3. A7X808 Win User
    Surface 3 Clean Install

Bumping this up!

The info here was helpful in doing a clean install on a recently purchased Surface Pro 3. I was having problems updating to the current version of 10 because of a conflict with the USB driver.

My install was a little different as I did not have to download the Pro 3 drivers beforehand. The touch screen was working during usb boot/install and all drivers were automatically updated after the installation was complete.

A7X808, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Surface 3 Windows 10 Clean Install touch son't work

Touch Screen problem with Surface Pro 3

See if it works in UEFI mode this could determine if it s hardware or windows issue

1. Select the Start button, and then select Power > Shut down.
    2. When Surface is off, press and hold the volume up button and press the power button until a Microsoft or Surface logo appears onscreen.
    3. Once you are in UEFI, touch your Surface screen and see if it responds normally. Try to navigate in UEFI by tapping various menu items. Then, depending on how your Surface responds to touch, follow one of these steps:
    • If touch does not work on your Surface, your touchscreen most likely experienced a hardware failure. Go to

Device service and repair
      to initiate a service order for your Surface. If you want to work with a Surface Support Advocate,

contact us

DiamondFounders, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

Surface 3 Windows 10 Clean Install touch son't work

1. Surface 3 Windows 10 Clean Install touch son't work - Similar Threads - Surface Clean Install

2. Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3: I wiped out my surface laptop 3 using the Microsoft Surface Data Eraser, not knowing that it would also wipe out the windows 10. Regardless, i have a windows 10 installer in two different USBs, and everytime i boot from either, the windows setup screen comes up...and that's...
  3. Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3: I wiped out my surface laptop 3 using the Microsoft Surface Data Eraser, not knowing that it would also wipe out the windows 10. Regardless, i have a windows 10 installer in two different USBs, and everytime i boot from either, the windows setup screen comes up...and that's...
  4. Installing windows 10 on a Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Touch screen not working after clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touch screen not working after clean install of windows 10: Hello, my name is Guilherme and I really need help. I Have tried everything for 10+ hours and still can't make ir work. This is my final solution before going to a technician.The computer in question is a thomson notebook-tablet hybrid the ones that turn 360.Thomson...
  6. Touch screen not working after clean install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen not working after clean install of windows 10: Hello, my name is Guilherme and I really need help. I Have tried everything for 10+ hours and still can't make ir work. This is my final solution before going to a technician.The computer in question is a thomson notebook-tablet hybrid the ones that turn 360.Thomson...
  7. ViewSonic TD2760 Touch Display Not Compatible with Surface 3 running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ViewSonic TD2760 Touch Display Not Compatible with Surface 3 running Windows 10: Purchased a new ViewSonic TD2760 Touch Display and it does not work when connected to a Surface 3 running Windows 10. I downloaded new drivers on ViewSonic site under this model, also made sure that all Windows 10 updates were installed; and still does not work. My...
  8. Windows 10 clean instalation from USB: Cannot detect the SSD on my Surface 3.

Windows 10 clean instalation from USB: Cannot detect the SSD on my Surface 3.: I am currently at the stage where I'm asked "Where do you want to install Windows". My choice of locations is currently blank. I do have the choice to "load driver", but I have no idea where such a driver would be located. I've searched around and can find no information...
  9. Edge Browser not touch scrolling on surface 3 on a website

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser not touch scrolling on surface 3 on a website: From a web development point of view can some tell me why the website extrainnings.us will not scroll using touch, up and down, when using Edge Browser on a Surface 3? The site works just fine on chrome and Friefox 29914
  10. Surface 3 Clean Install

Surface 3 Clean Install: Hi Everyone I have recently upgraded my Surface 3 to Windows 10 and I wish to do a clean install, to install a fresh copy of windows without having all the old data from Windows 8.1. Would I be fine following, "How to do a clean install" tutorial via Ten Forums or would...