Windows 10: Surface 3 windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support Surface 3 windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a microsoft surface 3 and attempted to do the windows 10 upgrade at the end of march and it has since been looping between the Surface screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MelissaGarcia5, May 27, 2020.

1. Surface 3 windows 10 upgrade

I have a microsoft surface 3 and attempted to do the windows 10 upgrade at the end of march and it has since been looping between the Surface screen and a black screen with "Undoing changes made to your computer..." at the bottom. I can't get the loop to end. When I remove the external hard drive that was required to finish the update, it said to replug in to continue, which I did and then it went back to the loop. Is this fixable?

:)

MelissaGarcia5, May 27, 2020

2. Surface Pro 3 won't upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

The issue might have caused due to outdated drivers or missing update etc.

Before I can provide you any assistance, I would like you to answer the question below:

• Do you get any error message while performing the task stated above?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Meanwhile I would suggest you to upgrade to windows 10 using an ISO file and see It Upgrades.

Please refer to the article below by Andre Da Costa to install windows 10 using an ISO file:

How to: Upgrade from Previous Versions of Windows Using Windows 10 ISO file

I would suggest you to refer to the article below for more information:

Surface Pro 3 won't upgrade to Windows 10

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 27, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface 3 windows 10 upgrade :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, May 27, 2020
  4. polo2883 Win User

Surface 3 windows 10 upgrade

Windows 10 on Surface Pro 3

Just upgraded my Surface Pro 3 to Windows 10.

Now I have no network connections. The wireless drivers and the docking station drivers are all there.

I have tried uninstall and reinstall the drivers for both Marvell and Surface ethernet adapter and still nothing.

Anyone have any suggestions?

polo2883, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Surface 3 windows 10 upgrade

1. Surface 3 windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Surface upgrade

2. Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro: I've got a surface device that came with Windows 11 Home edition, I've upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. If I were to reset the device, would I loose the Pro license and go back to home?...
  3. Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro: I've got a surface device that came with Windows 11 Home edition, I've upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. If I were to reset the device, would I loose the Pro license and go back to home?...
  4. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...: I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro version. Is it free to upgrade or Should I pay ? If I should pay why isn't free when my device and windows both are related to Microsoft...
  5. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...: I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro version. Is it free to upgrade or Should I pay ? If I should pay why isn't free when my device and windows both are related to Microsoft...
  6. I have Surface pro 7 with windows 10 home edition. I want to upgrade from home to pro...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. My surface laptop would not reboot after a forced upgrade. It required a bit locker release...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My surface laptop would not reboot after a forced upgrade. It required a bit locker release...: Can anyone help cant reboot my surface lap top after a forced windows upgrade. Have unlocked via bitlocker but can’t get any of the repair options or reinstall options to work. On repair from local it fails on reinstall at 64%....
  8. My surface laptop would not reboot after a forced upgrade. It required a bit locker release...

My surface laptop would not reboot after a forced upgrade. It required a bit locker release...: Can anyone help cant reboot my surface lap top after a forced windows upgrade. Have unlocked via bitlocker but can’t get any of the repair options or reinstall options to work. On repair from local it fails on reinstall at 64%....
  9. My surface laptop would not reboot after a forced upgrade. It required a bit locker release...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows upgrade on Surface 5?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows upgrade on Surface 5?: i have a book 2 and was going to purchase a Surface 5 with 8gig of RAM. I asked at Best Buy what happens when the new Windows comes out in 2024, will I be able to upgrade? He told me I would need 16 gigs more than likely for the upgrade. Is that true?...