Windows 10: Surface 4 Pro doesn’t recognize USB device

Discus and support Surface 4 Pro doesn’t recognize USB device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I plugged USB 3 device in my Surface 4 pro but it doesn’t want to recognize it. The drivers are updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenKiser, Apr 8, 2019.

1. BenKiser Win User

Surface 4 Pro doesn’t recognize USB device

I plugged USB 3 device in my Surface 4 pro but it doesn’t want to recognize it. The drivers are updated

:)

BenKiser, Apr 8, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Surface 4 Pro doesn’t recognize USB device :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 March 7th 2017

Source: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...-7-march-2017/

Brink, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Surface 4 Pro doesn’t recognize USB device - Similar Threads - Surface Pro doesn’t

2. Surface Pro 4 USB not connecting to scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 4 USB not connecting to scanner: Trying to get a small check scanner connected to a surface pro. When I connect the scanner, the USB doesnt seem to recognize the device. When I plug in a cell phone, the USB recognizes the phone. The scanner is working correcdtly as I plug it into the PC tower next to the...
  3. surface pro 4 no audio device installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 4 no audio device installed: hello! how to fix this? surface pro 4 no audio device installed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4-no-audio-device-installed/5d472439-1c7c-4a6b-8bf9-c5a49ce98fbc
  4. Surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface pro 4: Will not allow use of mouse and it is showing red as usual. Restart and shutdown were done. Also can't delete numerous emails using shift. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-4/7672285a-3b80-40cd-951b-38b76f76bc2e
  5. PC doesn’t recognize USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC doesn’t recognize USB: I use a laptop with Windows 10 and an MP3 player. The player works without problems, but I can not connect it to the laptop to load new songs on it. My laptop simply can not see it....
  6. Surface Pro 4

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Pro 4: I have an issue where when I switch on my Surface Pro 4 it boots are far as the screen saver and shows at the bottom that it is in Flight Mode only, no wifi etc. It also states the camera not available and requests sign in with pin which it will not accept or my password will...
  7. Surface Pro 4 recovery from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 4 recovery from USB: My surface is stuck in a permanent boot to UEFI and I am attempting to reset from a recovery drive. I have followed the instructions for creating a USB recovery drive from a Windows 10 PC. Brand new scandisk 16GB usb. Copied the appropriate Surface Pro 4 files from the...
  8. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Surface Pro 4: Updates available Surface Pro 4. 57858
  9. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: Anyone else think it will run cooler than the Surface Pro 3? Anyone experienced this? 28169
  10. Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Support
    Surface Pro 4: So when am I going to be able to get a nice fanless SP4 machine to match this nice Windows 10 build! My SP3 is great, but starting to feel slightly tired (keyboard is looking very worn out) and fan always spins. Time for a refresh soon once SP4 comes out! 8304

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 4 doesnt recosgnise usb whenturning on