Windows 10: Surface 4 start menu and notification area stop working

Discus and support Surface 4 start menu and notification area stop working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! I got a new surface4. After debugging and re-installationtion i can't find out of the problem. After a day or 2 everything stop working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tb0e, Feb 14, 2016.

1. tb0e Win User

Surface 4 start menu and notification area stop working

Hello!

I got a new surface4. After debugging and re-installationtion i can't find out of the problem.
    After a day or 2 everything stop working. Start menu system settings and everything i need.
    It's a really clean install windows 10 enterprise, office 2016. Just to keep it simple and see if any of my program creating this error.

Can any one help me ?

Thomas

:)

2. Surface Pro 4 - critical issue following update

Brand new Surface Pro 4 m3. Critical errors following just 4 automatic updates:

KB3116097

KB3081449

KB3074686

KB3074678

Not working:

Start menu, taskbar, search, notification area, settings etc etc

Unable to access windows update or factory reset

Guidance much appreciated!!

linusscott, Feb 14, 2016
  3. Start menu and notification area stopped working on Windows 10.

Thank you for taking your time out and replying to my query.

Ashar NawazKhan, Feb 14, 2016
Thema:

Surface 4 start menu and notification area stop working

1. Surface 4 start menu and notification area stop working - Similar Threads - Surface start menu

2. surface pro 4 TouchPad stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface pro 4 TouchPad stopped working: my TouchPad randomly stopped working. After research i understand that this problem is not uncommon. I've tried cleaning connections and several hard shut downs and holding down the fn key with many other suggested keys and yet still nothing. Any new ideas??....
  3. notification area not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    notification area not working: my action center, sound option, battery option, calendar option, wifi option which are on the right corner of thetaskbar are not opening even after clicking millions of times...
  4. Increase system font in start menu, notification area, etc.?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase system font in start menu, notification area, etc.?: I have a small 11.6 tablet with full HD (1920:1080) resolution. The "system" font, like in the start menu, notification area, apps (Mail), etc., is ridiculously tiny, even on a 150% (recommended) scaling. I have to set scaling to 200%, to get a comfortable size, but this...
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu and taskbar not working - Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Start Menu and taskbar not working - Surface Pro 4: Hi guys, I just got a Surface Pro 4. I was having no issues, until out of the blue, the taskbar and start menu on it stopped working, and now it's an empty, glitched taskbar [img] I tried to restart the explorer process (which made it worse), restart the machine...
  6. Start Menu stops working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu stops working?: Been happening alot lately I can't open my start menu it just stops working. Only a restart or log off works. Any ideas? 24315
  7. Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work: Hello , suddenly my start menu , search and notifications not work. Even if i click on it it dont opens. I did this solution with this copy pasta at PowerShell but dont works : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  8. Start Menu, Search, and Volume toggle in Notification area not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, Search, and Volume toggle in Notification area not working: So, this last update seems to have killed the start menu again. After reboot, it might work, it might not, but not too long there-after it just quits working all-together if it was working before. Same with search and Volume toggle. Dang! Mines an AMD machine which is perhaps...
  9. Start menu, settings and notification area won't open.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, settings and notification area won't open.: When I click on the start button, nothing happens. It highlights when I hover over it, but doesn't react to being clicked. The same is true for the notification area. I can right click on the start button and it provides the normal options. Again the same is true of the...
  10. Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working.: So yesterday I was just watching some videos on youtube and then the screen flashed for a second and started everything started acting up. I restarted my computer and since then, the start menu, notifications and all apps like the xbox app and store app no longer work. I did...