Windows 10: Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

Discus and support Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Every evening, I leave my surface on and it goes to sleep as per my power settings. In the morning, my surface won't wake up. I press a key on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by FarhanVirji, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

Every evening, I leave my surface on and it goes to sleep as per my power settings. In the morning, my surface won't wake up. I press a key on the keyboard, press the noise, the power button, but nothing works. I have to hold the Power button for 20 seconds to restart my surface. I've tried all of the settings I've seen on previous threads, but nothing seems to work. Is there a permanent solution to this ongoing issue in having? I'm at the point of frustration that I'm thinking of going back to a Mac, because this is something that should simply just work.

:)

FarhanVirji, Oct 9, 2021

2. Surface windows 10 signin when wake from sleep

Hi Garfunkle,

It could be due to incorrect settings.

On the Sign-in page. The first option is Require sign-in. Select Never.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Power Options in Search. Click on it to open.
    • Click on require a password on wakeup.
    • Under Password protection. Select Do not require a password. Click Ok.
    Also, refer the link below.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...rs/surface-power-sleep-and-wake?os=windows-10

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...unts/sign-in-and-out-of-surface?os=windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Oct 9, 2021
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 9, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 9, 2021
Thema:

Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

1. Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep - Similar Threads - Surface doesn't wake

2. Windows 7 does't wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 does't wake from sleep mode: Hello everyone,I have just reinstalled my windows 7a few days ago,But it does not wake up when it goes to sleep mode, not pressing any keys or mouse movement work. Also When I try to power off my computer, it will get RESTARTED after a few minutes. I would appreciate for any...
  3. Windows 7 does't wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 does't wake from sleep mode: Hello everyone,I have just reinstalled my windows 7a few days ago,But it does not wake up when it goes to sleep mode, not pressing any keys or mouse movement work. Also When I try to power off my computer, it will get RESTARTED after a few minutes. I would appreciate for any...
  4. Waking windows 7 from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waking windows 7 from sleep mode: I had problems getting my windows 7 64 bit from waking in sleep mode. I tried all the recomended solutions. I finally decided to try and have windows 7 update my graphics card driver. Nvidia 730. That resolved the waking problem I had....
  5. Waking windows 7 from sleep mode

Waking windows 7 from sleep mode: I had problems getting my windows 7 64 bit from waking in sleep mode. I tried all the recomended solutions. I finally decided to try and have windows 7 update my graphics card driver. Nvidia 730. That resolved the waking problem I had....
  6. Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep: Every evening, I leave my surface on and it goes to sleep as per my power settings. In the morning, my surface won't wake up. I press a key on the keyboard, press the noise, the power button, but nothing works. I have to hold the Power button for 20 seconds to restart my...
  7. Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep

Surface 7 on Windows 10 doesn't wake from sleep: Every evening, I leave my surface on and it goes to sleep as per my power settings. In the morning, my surface won't wake up. I press a key on the keyboard, press the noise, the power button, but nothing works. I have to hold the Power button for 20 seconds to restart my...
  8. Surface Pro 7 / Windows 10 taskbar freezes when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 7 / Windows 10 taskbar freezes when waking up from sleep: Hi all, I have a Surface Pro 7 with the latest Windows 10 updates installed, and since installing the latest updates, I have found that every time I wake up my surface from sleep, my taskbar is frozen. I found a workaround to restart Windows Explorer through the Task...
  9. Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 7 crashes when waking up from sleep: Happened four times during one month. SP7 is docked to an external monitor via USB C, plugged to its own power adapter. Surface display is turned off due to the cover keyboard being closed. Using wireless keyboard and mouse via usb dongle Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900....
  10. Waking surface pro from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Waking surface pro from sleep: Can someone show how to wake a Surface Pro with Window 10 installed from sleep to run a scheduled task? it seems like Connected Standby mode disables all desktop apps from waking it from a sleep mode. For instance, a task in the task scheduler to wake up is simply ignored...