Windows 10: Surface Audio App Crashing

Discus and support Surface Audio App Crashing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I cannot open the Surface Audio app. I have tried repairing it, resetting it, and reinstalling it. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas why it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tyler21979, May 12, 2020.

1. Surface Audio App Crashing

I cannot open the Surface Audio app. I have tried repairing it, resetting it, and reinstalling it. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas why it won't open?

:)

Tyler21979, May 12, 2020

2. Windows Audio Crashes

My audio stops working when ever a mic is turned on.

On login, audio output works normally, however, when ever any mic is used, both audio input and output crash and a red x shows up on the taskbar audio icon.

It seems the Windows Audio service is what crashes.

After the first crash, the audio does not come back no matter what I do until I restart my pc.

I can replicate this with the following steps:

1. Login to pc
      • audio output working fine
    2. Open sound settings, opens to playback tab
      • audio still fine and also able to play test sounds
    3. Click on Recording Tab
      • The sound feedback indicator on the right side is missing
      • The window freezes, error window appears about DLL crash
      • If there is no connected or enabled recording device, nothing happens everything else seem to run normally
    4. Proceed to follow various trouble shooting steps
      • Some troubleshooting steps seems to get rid of the red x on the taskbar volume icon
      • The recording tab in the sound settings is also now accessible
      • However things may seem fine at first, audio input/output is still not working and playing a test sound fails.

Solutions I've Tried:

• DISM (ended with no errors)
    • sfc /scannow (found corrupted files, required restart)
    • Restarting Windows Audio Service (results in err 1061, service then gets stuck on stopping)
    • Disabling and re-enabling audio drivers
    • Reinstalling audio drivers from manufacturers site
    • Using windows generic audio drivers
    • Restarting my PC
    As you can see, I've spent a lot of time trying to fix this issue and it is starting to get really frustrating.

Reetik2000, May 12, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 4 not working properly.

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I suggest you follow the steps below to fix issues with audio and check if that helps

1. Right click on the
      speaker icon which is on the bottom right corner.
    2. Select Sound option
      from the list.
    3. Under Playback tab, Right click on
      speakers\headphones.
    4. Select Advance option.
    5. Under Advance tab, click on
      Restore Defaults.

If the issue still persists, you can also try the steps from the following article to

troubleshoot Surface sound and audio accessories

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 12, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Surface Audio App Crashing

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Surface Audio App Crashing

1. Surface Audio App Crashing - Similar Threads - Surface Audio App

2. Bluetooth Audio Receiver app crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Audio Receiver app crashing: I'm trying to use the Bluetooth Audio Receiver app https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/bluetooth-audio-receiver/9N9WCLWDQS5J?hl=en-us&gl=us on my current Windows 10 laptop, which has worked on previous ones. It recognizes my iPhone, but clicking Open Connection causes it...
  3. Bluetooth Audio Receiver app crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Audio Receiver app crashing: I'm trying to use the Bluetooth Audio Receiver app https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/bluetooth-audio-receiver/9N9WCLWDQS5J?hl=en-us&gl=us on my current Windows 10 laptop, which has worked on previous ones. It recognizes my iPhone, but clicking Open Connection causes it...
  4. Surface app crashes on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface app crashes on launch: Hi,I just bought a surface pro 8 and the surface app is crashing right after launch. I've tried to repair, reset and even uninstall and reinstall the app in the settings within the Apps & Features section in vain.However, after some testing, I found that there seems to be a...
  5. Surface app crashes on launch

Surface app crashes on launch: Hi,I just bought a surface pro 8 and the surface app is crashing right after launch. I've tried to repair, reset and even uninstall and reinstall the app in the settings within the Apps & Features section in vain.However, after some testing, I found that there seems to be a...
  6. App Crash of DTS Audio Processing Object

App Crash of DTS Audio Processing Object: I have experienced this issue for more than a month. Every time it happens, the sound system would sound like a weird crash for a fraction of second. After that, it goes smoothly. It seems like a small issue but it's really annoying. Here are the technical details....
  7. App Crash of DTS Audio Processing Object

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App Crash of DTS Audio Processing Object: I have experienced this issue for more than a month. Every time it happens, the sound system would sound like a weird crash for a fraction of second. After that, it goes smoothly. It seems like a small issue but it's really annoying. Here are the technical details....
  8. Surface constant crashing.

Surface constant crashing.: Hi! I recently was having problems with my surface blue-screening, so I factory reset it before starting Med. School. Unfortunately, I have been experiencing multiple crashes even after the reset. I can't find any common thing that leads to the crashing, I do not have any...
  9. Problem Using Surface Audio App With Windows 10

Problem Using Surface Audio App With Windows 10: Just opened my Surface 2 Headphones. Yay! No problem pairing them with my Pixel 4. Eventually figured out I needed the Audio App to use the headphones with my PC running Windows 10. Got that installed and I can see on my phone app that the headphones successfully paired with...
  10. Microsoft Surface Crash

Microsoft Surface Crash: This morning I started my Microsoft Surface computer and a message said the C drive needed to repaired. Then I started repairing the C drive. After that was done, I got a message saying that the restart hadn't worked and it needed to be restarted. Each time I restarted it had...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface audio app not opening on my pc