Windows 10: Surface bitlocker

Discus and support Surface bitlocker in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The battery on my surface pro went flat, and when I restarted it, the bitlocker screen came up. I see that you have to retrieve the key from the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KathrynBenier, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Surface bitlocker

The battery on my surface pro went flat, and when I restarted it, the bitlocker screen came up. I see that you have to retrieve the key from the Microsoft account.

When I signed in, I need to receive a verification code. However, my only option was an old email account that I no longer have access to. I updated this email address, but now have to wait 30 days for it to be updated?

Do I seriously now just have an expensive paperweight for 30 days?! Is there another way to access my computer? I don't think my boss will let me not work for the next 30 days....

:)

KathrynBenier, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Surface bitlocker

Surface 3 stuck on preparing bitlocker recovery

Hi Alexis,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to try the step under the section "To unlock removable data drive" in the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/unlock-bitlocker-protected-drive

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

For further reference, I suggest you to refer to the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/bitlocker-drive-encryption

If the issue persist, I suggest you to please get in touch with our
    TechNet team through below link to resolve the issue:

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Our TechNet team will assist you better in this regard.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Surface bitlocker

1. Surface bitlocker - Similar Threads - Surface bitlocker

2. Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?: My Surface Pro 8 or 9 I think is locked and in recovery mode and is requiring a Bitlocker key to unlock. I do not have a key and I do not have a personal Microsoft account only a work-related one. I have never signed into my work related Microsoft account on this Surface so...
  3. Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro locked in Recovery Mode and I have no Bitlocker recovery key. Now what?: My Surface Pro 8 or 9 I think is locked and in recovery mode and is requiring a Bitlocker key to unlock. I do not have a key and I do not have a personal Microsoft account only a work-related one. I have never signed into my work related Microsoft account on this Surface so...
  4. I have not been able to find my BitLocker recovery key. My Surface Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have not been able to find my BitLocker recovery key. My Surface Laptop.: My laptop has me going through a cycle of spins around BitLocker. It won't let me do a factory reset and the automatic repair says "the device ran into a proble with :-.I have tried to log in using another device to find my BitLocker recovery key, but I can't find it....
  5. I have not been able to find my BitLocker recovery key. My Surface Laptop.

I have not been able to find my BitLocker recovery key. My Surface Laptop.: My laptop has me going through a cycle of spins around BitLocker. It won't let me do a factory reset and the automatic repair says "the device ran into a proble with :-.I have tried to log in using another device to find my BitLocker recovery key, but I can't find it....
  6. I have not been able to find my BitLocker recovery key. My Surface Laptop.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Bitlocker encrypted my iSCSI volume after attaching it to Surface Book without asking me!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encrypted my iSCSI volume after attaching it to Surface Book without asking me!: HiI have the exact same issue as this post now locked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-on-its-own-and-without-my-request/3fe07f22-e13c-4e82-947a-f69ae4380dcaI've had a NAS with an iscsi volume for years. I use it with my desktop PC as a chunk...
  8. Bitlocker encrypted my iSCSI volume after attaching it to Surface Book without asking me!

Bitlocker encrypted my iSCSI volume after attaching it to Surface Book without asking me!: HiI have the exact same issue as this post now locked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-on-its-own-and-without-my-request/3fe07f22-e13c-4e82-947a-f69ae4380dcaI've had a NAS with an iscsi volume for years. I use it with my desktop PC as a chunk...
  9. Bitlocker encrypted my iSCSI volume after attaching it to Surface Book without asking me!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. 1st Gen Surface Laptop: Unlock Encrypted BitLocker all 4 partitions and reinstall Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1st Gen Surface Laptop: Unlock Encrypted BitLocker all 4 partitions and reinstall Windows: Hello all, I would like to install Windows to the latest version on my Surface Laptop Gen 1 - unsuccessfully so far. All recovery options given redirect me back to the option menu saying "something has gone wrong". Tried a variety of BIOS settings, trying to install Windows...