Windows 10: Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze

Discus and support Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I'm running a surface book 2 i5 with 64bit Windows 10. After 10 to 50 seconds into using my built in camera (front and rear) the image of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Carlo Egle, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze

Hi

I'm running a surface book 2 i5 with 64bit Windows 10.

After 10 to 50 seconds into using my built in camera (front and rear) the image of the camera freezes and the little white light goes out. This happens with the native windows camera app as well as with third party apps (Skype, Zoom appear.in). The Hello face recognition works.

I have already tried to update and reset the drivers and have also restored my laptop back to the factory settings. Nothing helped!

Thanks for any help!

Carlo

:)

Carlo Egle, Oct 29, 2018

2. SURFACE BOOK 2 - IR FRONT CAMERA AND REAR CAMERA ISSUE

Click Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera

Toggle on Allow apps to access your Camera

Can you try the steps suggested in this thread for further throubleshooting?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/for...

Andre for Directly, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    New Surface Book Firmware Updates - Oct. 11th 2017

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

See also: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (11 October 2017) Surface

Offline download: Download Surface Book Drivers and Firmware from Official Microsoft Download Center

Brink, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze

New Update for Surface Book 2 on Windows 10 April 2018 v1803 - May 9

Source: Update for Surface Book 2 (09 May 2018) Surface

See also: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4055398

Brink, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze

1. Surface Book 2 - Camera Freeze - Similar Threads - Surface Book Camera

2. Surface Book 2 Keeps Detaching/Freezing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Surface Book 2 Keeps Detaching/Freezing: My surface book keeps detaching and showing the flashing green button every time I do something. I noticed sliding it over, pushing the screen back, slightly bumping it, picking it up causes it to make the "detach/reattach" noise and freeze. It freezes for about 10 seconds or...
  3. Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Surface Book 2 Camera stopped working: I have a Microsoft Surface Book 2. I installed Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H today, and when I restarted, my camera could not be started. I have tried uninstalling all of my camera resources and reinstalling them. I uninstalled the update. Nothing works. In...
  4. Surface Book 2, Cannot turn on Camera with Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Book 2, Cannot turn on Camera with Windows Hello: I have a Surface Book 2. When I wake it from sleep to the Windows Hello screen it frequently errors, saying it couldn't turn on the camera. I can then click on "sign in options" and select facial recognition from there, which works. All my drivers are up to date. I have it...
  5. Surface Book Camera Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface Book Camera Question: Hi, I've got a 2 year old Surface Book. I covered the camera because I was on a meeting and couldn't find the setting within the platform that was being used to turn it off. I didn't take the cover off, just started up my computer and facial recognition worked. How?...
  6. surface book camera

surface book camera: the camera is not working and not showing in device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-camera/c1f1ae7f-d81e-462d-b1d8-de0d1a01d72a
  7. Camera in Windows 10(surface book 2 15 inch)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Camera in Windows 10(surface book 2 15 inch): I would like to be able to open the camera to use it as a mirror quickly before meetings etc, but when I do if I need to actually do something with my hair the image confuses me because when I raise my right hand it's on the left side of my screen. I thought there was a way...
  8. IR Camera Front not working Surface Book 2 15"

IR Camera Front not working Surface Book 2 15": Hi I have a Surface book 2 and the IR Camera Front was working initially, just after the first boot. But after some day of use, updates etc.. now is not working anymore. In Device panel it says STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE I tried any possible way...rolling back...
  9. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  10. Surface Book Camera: "photocapturefilecreationfailed"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book Camera: "photocapturefilecreationfailed": OS: Windows 10 - all updates. Cannot save picture from neither camera. C:\Camera Roll exists. Any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-camera/surface-book-camera-photocapturefilecreationfailed/1fcdf3e4-9197-4fe1-9694-5a627d52ee80